(Topic ID: 266589)

White Rose Game Show 2020/2021 - Buy, sell, trade, want (no corona virus talk)

By bluespin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MythMaker
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1919 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1909 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3016 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_2666 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2801 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2532 (2) (resized).JPG
    DE80DFF4-77B9-4F7A-ABA9-ADF4FE867FB4 (resized).jpeg
    921D1E18-3CEB-4BCD-89D6-A8A430D53BB4 (resized).jpeg
    1A5BBEA4-FAE3-4D99-90B3-634419B54218 (resized).jpeg
    475E962F-945E-44D2-8F02-B59E5D6ECB45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5647[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5645[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5661[1] (resized).JPG
    PXL_20211009_142241094.MP~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211009_131454259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1717 (resized).JPG

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.
    #201 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Again what is the point of talking about a show that can't happen? Pretty much everything since March has been controlled by this stupid virus.

Pete, I have a ton of respect for you and how you handle things. You always try to do all you can to support our local shows and also have always been fair with me both as a buyer & seller. Keep up with the great work - stay safe - and I'll see you again sometime soon (either in the Spring at Allentown or one day when I am out in your direction).

Arcades will not have hundreds of people - according to Dept of Health under groups of under 25 are fine in PA. You will not see me in an arcade this year but if you were willing to go to a show you should be more than OK going to an arcade.

FOUR weeks this could be 100% gone in the US if 100% of people avoided contact. All it takes is 2 two week cycles to totally eliminate the spread of this virus. So in theory if no one had contact with anyone else for 4 weeks we could bet this thing. The problem is that CAN'T happen because 25% of the working people in the country are going to have to work and Hospitals, Nursing Homes, etc have to stay open. But if everyone would just wear a mask, and social distance we could sure cut the numbers by a good bit.

Check out Spain and get back to me. You have no idea what idea what you're talking about

#202 3 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Check out Spain and get back to me. You have no idea what idea what you're talking about

It is a waste of my time debating with the clueless. What I said was directly from one of the top level people in the health department. Bottom line is we are not suppose to talk about anything here but a show that couldn't happen so I am deleting this topic so I never have to look at it again.

Once I finish up with some unfinished business via emails I'll also be closing my Pinside account so I don't have to deal with this place anymore. Too many combative people here for me.

#203 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

It is a waste of my time debating with the clueless. What I said was directly from one of the top level people in the health department. Bottom line is we are not suppose to talk about anything here but a show that couldn't happen so I am deleting this topic so I never have to look at it again.
    Once I finish up with some unfinished business via emails I'll also be closing my Pinside account so I don't have to deal with this place anymore. Too many combative people here for me.

Curly Bill (resized).jpgCurly Bill (resized).jpg

#204 3 years ago

I'll be travelling up to MD and central PA the weekend of 09/25 to pick up some pins that I've already arranged the purchase of. I'm still looking for a few things so hoping someone has one or more of these:

Gottlieb System One empty cabinet or project pin (standard size). I need this to restore a Joker Poker but any title will do.

Gottlieb 80B empty cabinet or project pin (standard size). I need this to restore a TX Sector. Some pins have the displays on top and others on the bottom of the head, but only my lower cabinet has swelling, so any standard size 80B cabinet will do. These are the cabinets with the two buttons front right of the cabinet to add your initials for high score. Anyone have a project Raven, Hollywood Heat, Bad Girls, etc. with a nice cabinet (no swelling)?

Classic Stern mpu200 project (standard size) like Meteor, Galaxy, etc. Condition of the backglass and playfield doesn't matter as it's for a conversion.

1 month later
    #205 3 years ago

I would have arrived at the show today and was looking forward to setting up my first full restore, Snow Derby, at a show that would appreciate it. How I miss coming into the big room and hearing all the bells, chimes, and other wonderful sounds, and seeing folks again. It’s always been worth the drive. Thanks, Rich, for a show that has left me with such good memories. Looking forward to hopefully experiencing it all again next year!

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I would have arrived at the show today and was looking forward to setting up my first full restore, Snow Derby, at a show that would appreciate it. How I miss coming into the big room and hearing all the bells, chimes, and other wonderful sounds, and seeing folks again. It’s always been worth the drive. Thanks, Rich, for a show that has left me with such good memories. Looking forward to hopefully experiencing it all again next year!

Same here. I was bringing a TSPP and MMr LE to free play. I am going to bring a nice pin to the next show for the floor.

#207 3 years ago

And just to rub salt into the wound. The weather this weekend was perfect and better weather than we have had for the past several years on the show weekend.

#208 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

And just to rub salt into the wound. The weather this weekend was perfect and better weather than we have had for the past several years on the show weekend.

So what your are saying, it is going to pour down rain the whole weekend next year?

#209 3 years ago

Yes, it has rained every year for the past 6 or 7 years.

Quoted from La4s:

So what your are saying, it is going to pour down rain the whole weekend next year?

#210 3 years ago

Last year on friday, it was partly sunny. However, it was windy and cold.

I'll take whatever weather we get as long as we have a show!

#211 3 years ago

Bravo... hope it's the best, biggest, beefiest pin show on the planet!

4 months later
    #212 3 years ago

The White Rose Facebook page says October 8th-9th, 2021. Let's keep the positive thoughts going for this show and avoid the corona virus talk.

rmarket Rich, do you have any updates for us? Have you reserved the hall for this year?

#213 3 years ago

The hall has been reserved since last year. (they let us roll over our reservation).

Hopefully by October the State Government imposed rules limiting occupation /gatherings will be lifted. Although, there hasn't been any mention of them doing that nor any metrics mentioned when that will happen.

So really we're in the same situation we were in last year at this point. No real idea of what the state is going to do or let us do.

At this point we're planning on holding the show. But we can only have the show if there is enough interest from the community.

Quoted from bluespin:

The White Rose Facebook page says October 8th-9th, 2021. Let's keep the positive thoughts going for this show and avoid the corona virus talk.
    rmarket Rich, do you have any updates for us? Have you reserved the hall for this year?

#214 3 years ago

I'm sure there will be plenty of interest to have a show!

#215 3 years ago

Absolutely agree

Quoted from Slogan1111:

I'm sure there will be plenty of interest to have a show!

#216 3 years ago

WANTED

PLASTIC COIN CONTAINERS THAT FIT A EARLY BALLY PIN THEY GO INSIDE THE CASH BOX AND ARE SEVERAL DIFFERENT SIZES AND COLORS. I WILL BE AT THE WHITEROSE SHOW IN YORK ( SEE PICTURES ) PLEASE NOTIFY ME IF YOU BRING THEM TO THE SHOW. THANK YOU! AND GOD BLESS!!

328A6DA6-50D8-4404-BD44-5B73FFD2C428 (resized).png328A6DA6-50D8-4404-BD44-5B73FFD2C428 (resized).png61991378-DF52-483F-8E78-280AB8F30432 (resized).png61991378-DF52-483F-8E78-280AB8F30432 (resized).png87A685E3-3BBD-4720-BF90-E58E6678F017 (resized).png87A685E3-3BBD-4720-BF90-E58E6678F017 (resized).png
    1 month later
    #217 2 years ago

Just a heads up guys, there are several events going on in York the same weekend that the show is happening. If you are planning to get a Hotel room don't procrastinate! Both Hotels have informed me that they will be strictly enforcing the "room block closes 30 days out from the show" rule this year. The hotels are expecting to sell out of rooms that weekend. (in the past, they have been flexible about this and have made exceptions, they can't do that this year)

In related news, due to corona virus, we probably can't do the Pizza thing on Thursday night. However we are working on an individually wrapped substitute but to make it work we are going to need to have a good idea of how many people will be there, so please if you're planning on bringing games, please register early this year.

#218 2 years ago

Looking forward to this show!

1 month later
    #219 2 years ago

Wyndam said they are completely sold out and La Quinta said they had 7 rooms left at the show rate.

1 month later
    #220 2 years ago

Okay, who’s ready for the York show?

#221 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Okay, who’s ready for the York show?

Its sooner than you think!

#222 2 years ago

Anyone selling PDI glass at the show?

#223 2 years ago
    Quoted from loghome895:

Anyone selling PDI glass at the show?

Cointaker had a huge stack at Allentown..

#224 2 years ago

Bringing very nice restored Fireball and Space Mission in vendor space for sale.

#225 2 years ago

I’ll be looking for a Junk Yard! Might have a really nice BSD for trade too.

#226 2 years ago

I'm looking for Elvira's HOH, Stern JP Premium, Centaur, Class of 1812. LMK if anybody has one for sale/trade. Driving distance of Phoenixville, PA.

#227 2 years ago

If you're planning on attending the York Show and staying at a hotel in the area, you really need to make your reservations immediately. There's a couple of other events going on in York that weekend and the hotel rooms in the area are very likely going to run out. The "special show rates" that the hotels are offering have a cutoff date and unlike previous years they can't extend them.

Not sure how many people know this but camping (with a camper) at the Fairgrounds during the show is possible and it is downright reasonable pricewise. They have many spots. (unless the RV show group happens to be there the same weekend)

#228 2 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

If you're planning on attending the York Show and staying at a hotel in the area, you really need to make your reservations immediately. There's a couple of other events going on in York that weekend and the hotel rooms in the area are very likely going to run out. The "special show rates" that the hotels are offering have a cutoff date and unlike previous years they can't extend them.
    Not sure how many people know this but camping (with a camper) at the Fairgrounds during the show is possible and it is downright reasonable pricewise. They have many spots. (unless the RV show group happens to be there the same weekend)

Not to mention, this show is always the same week as the annual AACA Fall Meet in Hershey - one of the largest antique automobile swap meets in the country. Just about 30 min north.

One of these years it would be great if that wasn’t the case. So hard to split my time between the two!

#229 2 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Wyndham says sold out when I follow the link from the show page.

#230 2 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Wyndham says sold out when I follow the link from the show page.

Try calling the hotel directly and see what they say.

#231 2 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Try calling the hotel directly and see what they say.

I did and they did have rooms left. Great price! went from $160 a night to $89. Said they had 21 rooms left at that rate. Sounded like mostly King beds, so guys who are sharing may want to get in sooner rather than later!

#232 2 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I did and they did have rooms left. Great price! went from $160 a night to $89. Said they had 21 rooms left at that rate. Sounded like mostly King beds, so guys who are sharing may want to get in sooner rather than later!

Me too! Always have to call the LOCAL number to get the real deal. I'm excited...I couldn't do Allentown those dates and this will be first post-lockdown show for me. See y'all soon!

#233 2 years ago

I presold a couple restored Bally SS coin doors at Pinfest and may be able to get a couple more ready for York. These come with new outer skins and a complete interior detail including new lamp sockets etc. I can also do a lesser job with just a new skin and cleaned interior parts. PM for details with game title.

20210728_110341 (resized).jpg20210728_110341 (resized).jpg20210728_110409 (resized).jpg20210728_110409 (resized).jpg
    #234 2 years ago

I also have 2 Bally apron and shooter lane cores I can restore to whatever title you want. Standard width only not widebody. These will be sanded, primed and painted, new decals then automotive clear coat and a new credit lens and score cards. PM for details.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #235 2 years ago

I'm looking for a couple nice OE BG's. A Bally Eight Ball and a Gottlieb Hot Shot. PM if you have one or know someone that has one and can bring to the show.

#236 2 years ago

I will be there on saturday at the show and will be looking for a surf champ pinball if anyone has one they can bring

#237 2 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Cointaker had a huge stack at Allentown..

I am hoping they bring some to York. I need a couple sheets of standard and one of wide body

#238 2 years ago

Room booked at La Quinta, vendor space reg sent in today. I have 9 weeks to fill the trailer.

#239 2 years ago

I will be looking for a nice HS2.

#240 2 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Room booked at La Quinta, vendor space reg sent in today. I have 9 weeks to fill the trailer.

You can do it Pete, Bring a full trailer!

#241 2 years ago

The Evel Knievel apron in post #234 is available for pickup at the show for $130. Restored apron and shooter gauge set:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/118952

Added over 3 years ago:

SOLD

#242 2 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of EM's, woodrails, and the people associated with them.

#243 2 years ago

Looking forward to bingo row. Always fun to re-learn how to play every year.

1 week later
    #244 2 years ago

Looking for a slick chick & big hit projects nothing fancy needed. Was told to post here from another pinball friend. Thanks for any leads or info leading to them.

#245 2 years ago

Does anyone know if Cointaker will have the usual row of modern Sterns on the floor for free-play. If so, will the machines be priced accordingly as a "show special"?

#247 2 years ago

Yes unfortunatly it is out of my price range. Very good seller just looking for something alot cheaper as i said doesnt need to be in great cosmetic quality just all their

#248 2 years ago

With little over six weeks before the show, Not much talk about what pinsiders are bringing to the show or looking for. Hope this is not a sign that this is going to be a poor showing. Come on tell us what you are bringing or looking for!

#249 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kickout:

With little over six weeks before the show, Not much talk about what pinsiders are bringing to the show or looking for. Hope this is not a sign that this is going to be a poor showing. Come on tell us what you are bringing or looking for!

I'm bringing a P3 with a TON of games!

#250 2 years ago

Anyone bringing a Taxi or a Dr. Dude ? Hopefully HUO with very low plays.

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-game-show-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.