(Topic ID: 266589)

White Rose Game Show 2020/2021 - Buy, sell, trade, want (no corona virus talk)

By bluespin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MythMaker
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1919 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1909 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3016 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_2666 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2801 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2532 (2) (resized).JPG
    DE80DFF4-77B9-4F7A-ABA9-ADF4FE867FB4 (resized).jpeg
    921D1E18-3CEB-4BCD-89D6-A8A430D53BB4 (resized).jpeg
    1A5BBEA4-FAE3-4D99-90B3-634419B54218 (resized).jpeg
    475E962F-945E-44D2-8F02-B59E5D6ECB45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5647[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5645[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5661[1] (resized).JPG
    PXL_20211009_142241094.MP~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211009_131454259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1717 (resized).JPG

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
    #151 3 years ago

If worse comes to worse, Rich might consider contacting the Morgantown Mall as to the possibility of holding a pinball show there. They are already holding various shows and events at that location. I understand the local authorities are very anxious to get more business to that area and have been very accommodating. The location is perfect. Literally 2 minutes off of the PA TPK, huge parking lot, and a hotel on the same grounds. Just a thought if York Fairgrounds won't work.

#152 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

The rules have no rhyme or reason. Government doesn't know what to do? They seem to implement rules that suit their objectives.

Bingo.

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Until then talking about it isn't going to do anyone any good.

Said the man with the longest posts on Pinside.

#154 3 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Said the man with the longest posts on Pinside.

Typically I only look at Pinside and post on Pinside when I am taking a break from my 18 hour days working trying to help people find parts for their machines (when I am suppose to be retired). So the "more rest I need" the longer the post get. But don't worry I will not be around much longer. The pinball parts business is sold and most of the parts are already delivered - once the rest of that deal is finalized I am closing my Pinside account.

#155 3 years ago

Typically I only look at Pinside and post on Pinside when I am taking a break from my 18 hour days working trying to help people find parts for their machines (when I am suppose to be retired). So the "more rest I need" the longer the post get. But don't worry I will not be around much longer. The pinball parts business is sold and most of the parts are already delivered - once the rest of that deal is finalized I am closing my Pinside account.

You will be missed Skip
    I hope you stick around. You personally gave have provided people's prize at a show. Having both attended and worked at shows, many people go to a show with the object of going and getting something they get to bring home. When you go to a show and find nothing that you want in your price range it's just not as much fun. I think it was two years ago you brought tons of projects to Allentown and made many people happy. Last year you had less.
    Regardless of everything else I would just hate to see you go.

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from cougtv:

You will be missed Skip
    I hope you stick around. You personally gave have provided people's prize at a show. Having both attended and worked at shows, many people go to a show with the object of going and getting something they get to bring home. When you go to a show and find nothing that you want in your price range it's just not as much fun. I think it was two years ago you brought tons of projects to Allentown and made many people happy. Last year you had less.
    Regardless of everything else I would just hate to see you go.

Thanks! To me it has always been about "the hobby" and trying to help people enjoy the hobby. I never made a ton of money doing it but I have made a good many friends. I will miss the "chase" but I will not miss the mold & mouse nest I have been dealing with for the past 10 years parting out "junk machines". I never part out anything worth trying to save so typically that leaves me with lots of infested or moldy machines to deal with. This week I parted out my last 4 parts machines one black cabinet was white inside just covered in mold, two had mouse next in them bigger than a basketball & the last one much have sat outside for a year before I bought it because I had to cut the sides of the cabinet out to get it opened up because there was no way the lock bar was coming off. Thankfully I was able to salvage 95% of the parts from all 4 machines.

As far as my "lighter load" at Allentown last year - I actually had a much bigger load than anyone ever saw. I sold two trailer loads of arcade machines to one guy before I even started setting up. They were loaded and headed to the show but I made a deal Wednesday night and they were mostly delivered to my buyer before the show even started. Then I delivered the last 4 or 5 machines on my way home Thursday night after setting up.

I guess by now anyone reading has realized I needed a "longer break" tonight. I have to get back out to the garage to finish loading for my 550 mile delivery trip tomorrow.

Hopefully early this coming week we will get some news from Rich about the show.

#157 3 years ago

Please check in once in a while? Your history, knowledge, & experience are a welcome read in my book.

#158 3 years ago

Wouldn’t be the same with you Skip.

#159 3 years ago

But don't worry I will not be around much longer.

I think that made people worry.

#160 3 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 week later
    #161 3 years ago

Anything new as far as the show goes? I was hoping we would know something for sure by now but things have gotten very quiet here.

#162 3 years ago

From the PA Department of Health as of today. I have an over full trailer for the show if it should take place.

"Indoor events and gatherings of more than 25 persons are prohibited.
    Outdoor events and gatherings of more than 250 persons are prohibited.
    The maximum occupancy limit includes staff."

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

From the PA Department of Health as of today. I have an over full trailer for the show if it should take place.

Be that as it is. I have personally attended a couple of indoor events with at least 500 and probably more people in the last two weeks in eastern PA. It seems not all events are treated equally or perhaps some event promoters do whatever they want?

#164 3 years ago

You would think the Fairgrounds itself would have something posted

#165 3 years ago

Have your own yard sale & show?

#166 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

Pete typically does all he can to support our local shows but if York doesn't happen I am sure he will be more than happy to sell that trailer load of stuff to anyone who wants it. I guess time will tell but it doesn't seem like things are changing either way as far as PA Dept of Health.

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

With no Pinfest show this year I posted a dozen machine I had ready for the show, they all went. I will have roughly 30 machines for York. If York does not happen they will get posted here on Pinside.

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

If worse comes to worse, Rich might consider contacting the Morgantown Mall as to the possibility of holding a pinball show there. They are already holding various shows and events at that location. I understand the local authorities are very anxious to get more business to that area and have been very accommodating. The location is perfect. Literally 2 minutes off of the PA TPK, huge parking lot, and a hotel on the same grounds. Just a thought if York Fairgrounds won't work.

Excellent idea!! Especially with the hotel right there.

#169 3 years ago

Just got off the phone with the York expo center. They have no events scheduled for early October. That being said York show is not happening unless its going down some other place.

#170 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevenb28:

Just got off the phone with the York expo center. They have no events scheduled for early October. That being said York show is not happening unless its going down some other place.

That's strange, this is the email reply I got from the fairgrounds just yesterday.

"We are trying to find ways to make things work.  Last time I talked to them we discussed some ideas to be creative.   Not sure where it stands at this point, but they haven’t canceled as of yet as far as I know."

#171 3 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

That's strange, this is the email reply I got from the fairgrounds just yesterday.
    "We are trying to find ways to make things work.  Last time I talked to them we discussed some ideas to be creative.   Not sure where it stands at this point, but they haven’t canceled as of yet as far as I know."

I called the number connected to the web sight. That's what they told me.

#172 3 years ago
    Quoted from stevenb28:

I called the number connected to the web sight. That's what they told me.

I emailed the contact name on the website. Lol.

#173 3 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I emailed the contact name on the website. Lol.

With this C-virus mess I don't think anyone has a clue. Can an event happen? What happens if hold an event that wasn't allowed? Etc.

It seems like if you ask a dozen different people you get at least a half a dozen different answers.

I feel so sorry for Rich (or anyone else) trying to make some sense out of things. But as things stand it isn't looking good which might be a blessing in the end. I know a lot of people would love to see the show happen but if it were to happen and 1/2 the dealers & freeplay machines don't show up it could be really bad for everyone. Plus Rich relies on the paid admissions to cover his cost and if that is down by 50% it would be a heck of a big hit for him from the money end of things also.

I know this post will get a bunch of down votes from people wanting the show to happen and I truly hope it can happen but I am concerned what the cost would be if it does happen. I would much rather lose one year than to have the losses kill the show for future years.

In the end only time will tell!

#174 3 years ago

With this C-virus mess I don't think anyone has a clue. Can an event happen? What happens if hold an event that wasn't allowed? Etc.
    It seems like if you ask a dozen different people you get at least a half a dozen different answers.
    I feel so sorry for Rich (or anyone else) trying to make some sense out of things. But as things stand it isn't looking good which might be a blessing in the end. I know a lot of people would love to see the show happen but if it were to happen and 1/2 the dealers & freeplay machines don't show up it could be really bad for everyone. Plus Rich relies on the paid admissions to cover his cost and if that is down by 50% it would be a heck of a big hit for him from the money end of things also.
    I know this post will get a bunch of down votes from people wanting the show to happen and I truly hope it can happen but I am concerned what the cost would be if it does happen. I would much rather lose one year than to have the losses kill the show for future years.
    In the end only time will tell!

I agree, people want the show to happen, but realistically it's an unnecessary financial risk for Rich that he shouldn't take. Earlier in the year there was hope, but at this point 5 weeks out, just call it. I don't think anyone is going to look back and say that it could have / should have run.

#175 3 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I agree, people want the show to happen, but realistically it's an unnecessary financial risk for Rich that he shouldn't take. Earlier in the year there was hope, but at this point 5 weeks out, just call it. I don't think anyone is going to look back and say that it could have / should have run.

My main concern is that Rich & his family come out of this OK on the other side. I know we are all sick of this Coronavirus mess. Some people think it is all a political game, some people realize it is something serious, but I think we can all agree it is a royal pain in the ass for everyone and would all love to see it behind us so life can get back to normal.

Regardless of what happens some people will be upset. But realistically I don't see how this show can happen this year. And if the news isn't bad enough already there is also going to be a surge in cases after the holiday weekend and with kids going back to school which will likely result in more department of health restrictions right before the show was scheduled to happen.

I wish there was some "good news" but so far I don't see anything changing for the better until after the election. (Not saying that as a political statement but just because of the way things are going to "time out" with the projected "up kick" in cases.)

One thing for sure - with only 5 weeks to go before the date of the show we will know something soon either way.

#176 3 years ago

Sorry guys but we have to cancel the show for this year. There are too many hurdles in the way to have a show and stay within the State Guidelines. The dates for next year's show are 10/7/2021 to 10/9/2021

#177 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Sorry guys but we have to cancel the show for this year. There are too many hurdles in the way to have a show and stay within the State Guidelines. The dates for next year's show are 10/7/2021 to 10/9/2021

Sorry to hear that Rich. Here's to a great 2021!

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Since we now know there will be no show this year it might be a good time to consider visiting one of your local arcades for a day or two this Fall to help support them. Those guys have had a rough year also!

Maybe one of the local arcades might be able to promote something like a "sidewalk sale" and offer space to vendors willing to bring some for sale stuff to the arcade one day. None of this replaces a great show but for those of you that need a "pinball fix" one of the arcades might be a good "plan B"

#179 3 years ago

The following comments in no way reflect on the show promoters making a tough decision based on difficult economic realities. I am sorry they had to make the decision they did based on current events and peoples' perceptions. But, having said that...
    This is a damn shame! So many people are so afraid and why? How many people actually personally know someone who died from covid? How many actually personally know someone who even got it? Everyone dutifully running here and there with their government approved mask. Why? Have we gotten so fearful as a people that we are afraid to shake our friends' hands? Afraid to hang out together? I don't want to minimize that some people have gotten sick from this and some have actually died. But people sadly die every day from kidney disease, cancer, car accidents, alcoholism. Is it possible we are letting the government scare us half to death all out of proportion to the actual event? I just think it is sad what we have become. Oh well. I guess there's always next year...assuming the authorities let us.

#180 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

The following comments in no way reflect on the show promoters making a tough decision based on difficult economic realities. I am sorry they had to make the decision they did based on current events and peoples' perceptions. But, having said that...
    This is a damn shame! So many people are so afraid and why? How many people actually personally know someone who died from covid? How many actually personally know someone who even got it? Everyone dutifully running here and there with their government approved mask. Why? Have we gotten so fearful as a people that we are afraid to shake our friends' hands? Afraid to hang out together? I don't want to minimize that some people have gotten sick from this and some have actually died. But people sadly die every day from kidney disease, cancer, car accidents, alcoholism. Is it possible we are letting the government scare us half to death all out of proportion to the actual event? I just think it is sad what we have become. Oh well. I guess there's always next year...assuming the authorities let us.

186,000 dead in less than 6 months. I lost an aunt to Covid-19 early on and know of 3 other people who have been sick enough they wish they would have died. This Coronavirus isn't a joke and as long as some people keep thinking it is things will not get better anytime soon. If 100% of all Americans would take this seriously for just a few weeks it could be gone. But as long as a select few keep spreading it around with foolish actions we will all have to keep suffering.

It is easy enough to look back at history and realize this shit seems to happen about ever 100 years. And every time it kills tens of thousands of people (or more). It really isn't rocket science! A virus that can be fatal, that is spread by someone who doesn't even know they have it, is killing tens of thousands of people a month, is making tens of thousands more people sick each month and the long term health impact for those is not known, etc. But we should just ignore all of that and have a pinball show just because some people don't believe this shit is real?

I am as sick of being stuck at home as anyone. We spent thousands of dollars getting ready to take a cross country trip that couldn't happen this Spring. Last year I attended dozens of live musical events this year it will be ZERO, a typical year I travel about two months out of the year enjoying the sites all over the US - this year I can't. All of this is very frustrating but none of it is worth dying for.

But most importantly if Rich could go ahead and have the show he could have lost enough money that the show might never happen again. He made a tough choice but I think it is the right one. Hopefully 2021 will be better but if people don't start taking this a little more seriously I have my doubts.

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

One of my friends from our pinball league and a lurker here on Pinside lost his father to Covid just a week ago. He actually lives in York PA too.
    My sister had it and one person from my work had it. So yes, some of us personally knows someone that have had it. Now back to topic:
    Sorry to hear the show is not going on this year. Look forward to next year.

#182 3 years ago

A good friend of my wife died of Covid. 48 years old. My best friends daughter-in-law has just been diagnosed with it. It's out there. Put on a fucking mask. PLEASE!

PLEASE!

#183 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

What an ignorant post.

#184 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I work in hospital IT, and directly work with integration of venitalors to medical records. I see the real world impact everyday. This is a serious issue and will only get worse if people think it is ok not wear masks or practice safe distancing. The mask is not to keep you safe, it is to keep others safe from you. The examples you are using of "people sadly die every day from kidney disease, cancer, car accidents, alcoholism" is not a valid argument. None of these things are highly contageous, and your ignorance or apethy of them can't kill others.

Now, imagine you wake up tomorrow morning and everyone in your city (Pottstown) is dead except for you. Now multiple that by 8, that is how many people in the U.S. have already died from COVID-19. I am sure you won't take any of these posts serious, and will continue to do what you are doing. I just hope no one close to you will be affected, but that may be the only way you will start taking it serious.

With all that said. I am just like everyone else, and would love to go to a pinball event. Maybe a group of people can find a location and have an outdoor flee market for a day. I am sure there is an open farmers market with a covering that can be rented out.

#185 3 years ago

Two very healthy, active friends have been hospitalized from it, and continue to suffer long term effects from COVID. One is 50 years old, cycled daily and was in great shape. He now needs an inhaler to walk out to his mailbox. My COVID-denier dentist got it, and he is also showing signs of lung damage as well. He isn't denying it any more.

The death number is only half the story. Will you be one of the ones who has permanent health issues as a result of contracting it? We don't know why it affects certain people differently than most. Until we know more, the smart people will not take unnecessary risks. The dumb ones....well, we prove Darwin right again.

Not having the show this year was absolutely the right decision.

If you want to go play pinball in York, drive to Timeline arcade. He just auctioned off several pins and vids on Facebook live last night to help stay afloat.

#186 3 years ago

For any of you (from parts of the country east of the show) that were looking to buy a "project machine" at the show (or maybe even a working machine) Pete "Ibuypinballs" (Post #167 above) is a great guy to deal with. Typically he saves up machines to bring them to shows to support those shows. Since the show is cancelled drop him a PM and I am sure he will be more than happy to get together with you if he has something you would like to own.

I have known Pete pretty much ever since I first started in the hobby and he is a great guy to deal with. He also has a nice big garage at his house so there will be plenty of room to "social distance".

If you were just looking to go to the show for some time out and just wanted to play some pinball PLEASE support your local arcades. They need you more than ever right now!

Rich was 100% right cancelling the show this year for a good many reasons. Some of those reasons have been made public and some are things not everyone knows about but bottom line is this year is not a good year for anyone trying to do something that involves a group of people getting together. Hopefully 2021 will be better but that will only happen once everyone starts taking this mess seriously.

#187 3 years ago

For any of you (from parts of the country east of the show) that were looking to buy a "project machine" at the show (or maybe even a working machine) Pete "Ibuypinballs" (Post #167 above) is a great guy to deal with. Typically he saves up machines to bring them to shows to support those shows. Since the show is cancelled drop him a PM and I am sure he will be more than happy to get together with you if he has something you would like to own.
    I have known Pete pretty much ever since I first started in the hobby and he is a great guy to deal with.

Well put Skip. I purchased a machine from Pete at the York show last year. Easy to deal with, good high resolutions pics were provided and machine was exactly as described.

You know Skip, you're a stand-up guy too. I have enjoy all my transactions with you and the conversations that went with them!

My kids were asking about the York show last night at dinner. I told them don't count on it. Now I can tell them it has been cancelled. Bummed me out. I will miss the games, the sounds, the smells etc. Here is to a better 2021 and hopefully a vaccine.

#188 3 years ago

Just declare the show a riot errrr protest and you'll be good to go.

It isn't going to be gone in a few weeks just by people taking it seriously. That shows staggering ignorance of how viruses work.

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I know 2 persons who died from
    covid 19 this year. Sorry Chief but your perception is skewed and your assumptions are wrong.

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

Well put Skip. I purchased a machine from Pete at the York show last year. Easy to deal with, good high resolutions pics were provided and machine was exactly as described.
    You know Skip, you're a stand-up guy too. I have enjoy all my transactions with you and the conversations that went with them!
    My kids were asking about the York show last night at dinner. I told them don't count on it. Now I can tell them it has been cancelled. Bummed me out. I will miss the games, the sounds, the smells etc. Here is to a better 2021 and hopefully a vaccine.

Dave, One afternoon or evening take the kids to one of the local arcades so they can enjoy at least "part of the show feeling". These guys need our help also. When making that trip try to do it during "off hours" to limit your exposure to crossing paths with anyone that might have Covid-19.

With Covid-19 concerns everywhere it still amazes me to see places open & empty Monday through Thursday then Friday & Saturday see those same places packed with people. Why not go out to do the things you would normally do Friday night on Tuesday evening instead and avoid as many people as possible?

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

When looking at the replies to this post (the up and down votes) I see about what I have experienced everywhere since this whole mess started. About 20 to 25% of people just are not taking this seriously and those are the people that are messing things up for all of us. I am sick & tired of being at home because of the actions of a handful of people. The sooner everyone starts taking this seriously the sooner things will get back to normal. People who are taking it seriously are not the problem the few that keep fighting facts & the experts are the problem here in the US and they are the ones messing it up for the rest of us! The rest of the world is laughing at the US right now because of those people and I have to agree with the rest of the world.

#192 3 years ago

What happened to "no corona virus talk"?

Can't wait for the 2021 show!

There is going to be sooo much pent up money spent!

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

Yes, please direct any coronavirus-specific discussions to the main coronavirus discussion thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-coronavirus-containment-thread/

#194 3 years ago

Too Many Pins and Skidave, thanks for the kind words. I plan on posting a list here and on the North East for sale thread a little over 2 dozen project machines, mostly em's. some solid state. List may grow over the weekend so I'll post it on Monday. Everyone have a great Labor day.

#195 3 years ago

ave, One afternoon or evening take the kids to one of the local arcades so they can enjoy at least "part of the show feeling". These guys need our help also.

Whoa there, you mean it's ok to go to an arcade to play pinball but not a show?

#196 3 years ago

I’m certainly disappointed that this, my favorite show, isn’t happening this year, but I have no doubt that this was the right decision under these circumstances. Maybe this thread should become a virtual show in terms of people listing what they would have brought to sell to, or looked to buy at, the show. Maybe a bunch of those deals that fuel the show each year can still happen. ibuypinballs is the first participant.

#197 3 years ago

Anyone with a DE Simpsons, Star Wars, Checkpoint or Batman for sale?

#198 3 years ago

I have a nice DE Star Trek I would entertain selling!!!

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

I have a nice DE Star Trek I would entertain selling!!!

Thanks, already have one.

0b0899edcfa6aa8aa49c761ebde251a54e940093 (resized).jpeg0b0899edcfa6aa8aa49c761ebde251a54e940093 (resized).jpeg
    #200 3 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

Can't wait for the 2021 show!
    There is going to be sooo much pent up money spent!

Again what is the point of talking about a show that can't happen? Pretty much everything since March has been controlled by this stupid virus.

Too Many Pins and Skidave, thanks for the kind words. I plan on posting a list here and on the North East for sale thread a little over 2 dozen project machines, mostly em's. some solid state. List may grow over the weekend so I'll post it on Monday. Everyone have a great Labor day.

Pete, I have a ton of respect for you and how you handle things. You always try to do all you can to support our local shows and also have always been fair with me both as a buyer & seller. Keep up with the great work - stay safe - and I'll see you again sometime soon (either in the Spring at Allentown or one day when I am out in your direction).

Quoted from poppapin:

Whoa there, you mean it's ok to go to an arcade to play pinball but not a show?

Arcades will not have hundreds of people - according to Dept of Health under groups of under 25 are fine in PA. You will not see me in an arcade this year but if you were willing to go to a show you should be more than OK going to an arcade.

Quoted from EMsInKC:

Just declare the show a riot errrr protest and you'll be good to go.
    It isn't going to be gone in a few weeks just by people taking it seriously. That shows staggering ignorance of how viruses work.

FOUR weeks this could be 100% gone in the US if 100% of people avoided contact. All it takes is 2 two week cycles to totally eliminate the spread of this virus. So in theory if no one had contact with anyone else for 4 weeks we could bet this thing. The problem is that CAN'T happen because 25% of the working people in the country are going to have to work and Hospitals, Nursing Homes, etc have to stay open. But if everyone would just wear a mask, and social distance we could sure cut the numbers by a good bit.

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-game-show-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/4?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.