(Topic ID: 266589)

White Rose Game Show 2020/2021 - Buy, sell, trade, want (no corona virus talk)

By bluespin

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MythMaker
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1919 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1909 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3016 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_2666 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2801 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2532 (2) (resized).JPG
    DE80DFF4-77B9-4F7A-ABA9-ADF4FE867FB4 (resized).jpeg
    921D1E18-3CEB-4BCD-89D6-A8A430D53BB4 (resized).jpeg
    1A5BBEA4-FAE3-4D99-90B3-634419B54218 (resized).jpeg
    475E962F-945E-44D2-8F02-B59E5D6ECB45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5647[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5645[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5661[1] (resized).JPG
    PXL_20211009_142241094.MP~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211009_131454259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1717 (resized).JPG
    There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.
    #101 3 years ago

Any word if this is happening?

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Any word if this is happening?

I have not talked to Rich lately but I am sure as soon as he decides either way he will let us know. I hate it for all the guys trying to run shows this year - things constantly changing makes it a tough call and thousands of dollars are at risk for them. Either way they will have a hell of a loss since a lot of money already invested in doing a show is money gone. But in the end I think Governor Wolf is the one who will be making the decision about the York Show since he is the one saying what can and can't happen in PA.

#103 3 years ago

I sent him a pm this weekend but I haven’t heard back. I’m sure that a lot of people have been reaching out to him. I’m sure he’ll reply here in a few days.

#104 3 years ago

Since we are just over 7 weeks out from the show, got to believe that the time to make the go/no go decision is coming very soon?

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I sent him a pm this weekend but I haven’t heard back. I’m sure that a lot of people have been reaching out to him. I’m sure he’ll reply here in a few days.

Governor Wolf is a pinsider?

#106 3 years ago

They had a cow show (yes, cow show) at the Lebanon Fairgrounds, two counties away, last weekend...so I guess large events are still allowed in some form.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

They had a cow show (yes, cow show) at the Lebanon Fairgrounds, two counties away, last weekend...so I guess large events are still allowed in some form.

The car shows have been happening out here in Carlisle PA also but there is a huge difference between a "cow show" and a pinball show. The car shows or a "cow show" are happening in an open area with an ability to social distance. The pinball show would be in a building without that ability. Kind of like eating outside at a diner instead of inside. So I think we are "screwed" this year from everything I have been reading or seeing going on in PA.

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

The car shows have been happening out here in Carlisle PA also but there is a huge difference between a "cow show" and a pinball show. The car shows or a "cow show" are happening in an open area with an ability to social distance. The pinball show would be in a building without that ability. Kind of like eating outside at a diner instead of inside. So I think we are "screwed" this year from everything I have been reading or seeing going on in PA.

Cow show was indoors.

#109 3 years ago

At this rate I'll be happy if there's a 2021 York show.

#110 3 years ago

Pennsylvanians love their dancing cows.

#111 3 years ago

i thought PA had limits on the amount of indoor gatherings, to just 25 people. Hard to see that getting lifted over the next several weeks and even then, they won't just open to unlimited indoor gatherings. It's all very disappointing.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

i thought PA had limits on the amount of indoor gatherings, to just 25 people. Hard to see that getting lifted over the next several weeks and even then, they won't just open to unlimited indoor gatherings. It's all very disappointing.

I'm thinking there may be less than 25 people interested in attending a cow show.

#113 3 years ago

I was at a gun show in PA last week which was indoors and had probably several hundred people in attendance. Apparently that was allowed as another one is planned in the next couple of weeks.

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm thinking there may be less than 25 people interested in attending a cow show.

Never been to a livestock event have you?

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Never been to a livestock event have you?

Pa. has the big farm show in Harrisburg every year, never been.

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I was at a gun show in PA last week which was indoors and had probably several hundred people in attendance. Apparently that was allowed as another one is planned in the next couple of weeks.

maybe the restriction is by county, or was lifted? What I saw was from mid-July. Several hundred seems like an awful lot of people and PA hasn't been doing great with the virus especially in the counties surrounding Philly.

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Pa. has the big farm show in Harrisburg every year, never been.

Have a few livestock fairs here in CT, always packed.

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Have a few livestock fairs here in CT, always packed.

Can confirm...I followed a trailer going there from Maine. Not only was it pretty full, it drew a lot of out of state folks. Knowing PA, there was probably some kind of Ag exemption for the event.

#119 3 years ago

WTB grand lizard..

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Cow show was indoors.

But it is a different kind of "indoors" typically from my experience with Ag shows. Not saying it was a good idea for it to have happened but it isn't the same as being in a fully enclosed building. Typically at an AG show there might be 100 to 200 people in the building and the buildings are really big & really open. Not saying they are all that way but those buildings are still much different than a pinball show.

I don't want to get back into a Coronavirus debate here but I highly doubt the show will happen this year. And if it does I wouldn't expect much of a turnout from the people I have talked to that are in the hobby. The majority of them have told me they would not attend if it did happen so I am concerned for Rich & his family if the show does happen because I know he needs decent attendance just to break even.

We should hear from Rich within the next week or so but for now I just wish him & his family well however things end up. I know I can't justify attending at this point in time but I'll still do all I can to support the show if it does happen. Only time will tell!

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

WTB grand lizard..

How dare you interrupt the speculation on whether or not this show will go on! What do you think this is...The "Buy Sell Trade Want Forum?"

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

How dare you interrupt the speculation on whether or not this show will go on! What do you think this is...The "Buy Sell Trade Want Forum?"

9 months of searching for one , not that rare of a game.!

#123 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Well I'm looking for player DE Star Wars, Checkpoint, Batman or Simpsons since people are starting to talk about pins again. Have a nice Spring Break I was thinking about bringing if the show goes on.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Thought it was a Diner

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Yeah, its somewhat rare.

Got one for sale ?

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yeah, its somewhat rare.
    Got one for sale ?

A couple years back I did...

#127 3 years ago

I reached out to Rich and this is the reply I got back from him:

——————

We're not sure if the show is going to be held this year. The state rules limit indoor gatherings to 25 people.

Rich

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from jugood20:

——————
    We're not sure if the show is going to be held this year. The state rules limit indoor gatherings to 25 people.
    Rich

We’ve already got the fix for that!

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

...I’m ready for the White Rose Game Show Protest!

York Protest let’s go!

#129 3 years ago

Admit it the glass is half empty.

A1B46A99-1FCD-48FA-BE19-D00A5E8B3530 (resized).jpegA1B46A99-1FCD-48FA-BE19-D00A5E8B3530 (resized).jpeg
    #130 3 years ago

The governor will allow the show to be held as long as everyone buys a meal and carries it around with them all day.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from jugood20:

——————
    Rich

From the states website:

F6D0DD53-18FC-472A-B382-A554C0942497 (resized).pngF6D0DD53-18FC-472A-B382-A554C0942497 (resized).png
    #132 3 years ago

I will be bring a sacred stiff and maybe a high speed. Hoping show happens need my pin fix

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Seems like it shouldn't have happened. Was this Oaks, Pa.?

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from jugood20:

Rich

udderly disappointed

A28E05F3-4EA2-4DC4-9073-7A6063225497 (resized).jpegA28E05F3-4EA2-4DC4-9073-7A6063225497 (resized).jpeg
    #135 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Not much is being enforced at the moment. I know of numerous restaurants in the area packing themselves to the gills with people, and nothing is happening. Doesn't mean it's right, but it is happening.

#136 3 years ago

Can't we just call it a protest?

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

From the states website:
    [quoted image]

I just spoke with someone who called the NY task force to ask about event guidelines. They told him the limit for INDIVIDUAL GATHERINGS is 50 people (in New York) but here’s the funny part:
    If it’s a business renting a venue the limit is simply 50% max capacity.

Talk about ridiculous and asinine?! They confirmed that if I book a banquet hall for a wedding it’s 50 people max. But if a company books it, it’s whatever half the max capacity is for the same event because it’s a business entity.

PA probably has similar nonsensical guidelines which allowed those events to happen.

Doesn’t make a lick of sense.

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I just spoke with someone who called the NY task force to ask about event guidelines. They told him the limit for INDIVIDUAL GATHERINGS is 50 people (in New York) but here’s the funny part:
    If it’s a business renting a venue the limit is simply 50% max capacity.
    Talk about ridiculous and asinine?! They confirmed that if I book a banquet hall for a wedding it’s 50 people max. But if a company books it, it’s whatever half the max capacity is for the same event because it’s a business entity.
    PA probably has similar nonsensical guidelines which allowed those events to happen.
    Doesn’t make a lick of sense.

This is the problem everywhere - no one knows exactly what "the rules are" but if you break them it can cost you in a big way?

I know the majority of us would love to see the show happen but Rich is in a tough spot all the way around. If he puts out even more money and the show gets "shut down" people who traveled to go to the show will be upset, he will be in trouble and face fines, and it would likely have a negative impact on next years show. Can you imagine doing all the work involved to have the show & spending all the money to get everything set up and then having the show not happen?

On the "flip side" Rich has already put out a lot of money to have the show and a good bit of that money is already gone. So if he calls off the show that will be expensive for him also. No matter which way things go it isn't a great year for Rich & his family or for anyone else who tried to have a show this year.

I know we are back to "coronavirus talk" here but if there isn't going to be a show what good is it to talk about what you are bringing or what you are looking for? Like most people I would just love to either see this coronavirus mess behind us or at least have some kind of clue how to proceed with it still going on. HOPEFULLY there will be more certainty in 2021 but only time will tell. In any event I wish Rich & his family well regardless of how this turns out.

#139 3 years ago

The rules have no rhyme or reason. Government doesn't know what to do? They seem to implement rules that suit their objectives.

#140 3 years ago

Man! I could totally understand why this wouldn’t happen, but I’m totally down to go if it does. I’ll have a freshly rebuilt Surf Champ to bring. Maybe an even fresher Lights Camera Action for the free play area depending on my level of “hauling games from the basement” motivation.

Looking for some more oddball games to add to the collection: TX-Sector, Junk Yard, Williams Trade Winds, and/or Abra Ca Dabra.

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Morgantown. Apparently Oaks was not allowed to happen but Morgantown was?!? Different county perhaps? Its happening again in a couple of weeks and I can tell you for sure there were a whole lot more people in there than 25!!

#142 3 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

The rules have no rhyme or reason. Government doesn't know what to do? They seem to implement rules that suit their objectives.

If the show was after the election we would be good to go.

#143 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

If the show was after the election we would be good to go.

Not so sure...we might be punished again for not making the “right choice”.

#144 3 years ago

Welp, the Sec of Health got caught doing a backdoor deal for a car show, so expect either restrictions going away or them doubling down on maintaining restrictions. My bet is on them laying low and following their guidelines to the letter.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/investigates/confidential-agreement-uncovered-allowed-car-show-happen-despite-covid-19-restrictions/BUN43H7C3ZDCJJ2MIIEYXRN6AU/

#145 3 years ago

Does the York fair grounds have animal barns? The fair grounds near me has about 19 cattle barns. All with lights, power in every stall.

Plenty of room to space out pinballs. All covered but open to free air on 4 sides. Just like a craft show. You can put each machine 6 feet apart and still have 19 barns full.

Would be an outdoor event. So would that be 250 people in PA?

If the fair wants the business and you would think they would since most every event had canceled they should be willing to step up and help make it happen. And at a reduced cost.

#146 3 years ago
    Quoted from EMPins:

Does the York fair grounds have animal barns? The fair grounds near me has about 19 cattle barns. All with lights, power in every stall.
    Plenty of room to space out pinballs. All covered but open to free air on 4 sides. Just like a craft show. You can put each machine 6 feet apart and still have 19 barns full.
    Would be an outdoor event. So would that be 250 people in PA?
    If the fair wants the business and you would think they would since most every event had canceled they should be willing to step up and help make it happen. And at a reduced cost.

I don't think things would be that easy with York Fairgrounds. It is my understanding they are a PITA to try and do business with. Also electric in open areas like that wouldn't be set up to handle the energy use pinball machines would take. The last thing any promoter needs to to make something even more complicated than it already is for them anyway.

#147 3 years ago

Time to move the show then to a new venue that wants the business. The fair grounds near me is set up for large outdoor covered craft shows. Plenty of power. Every vendor has tons of lights, fans and junk plugged in. No reason they can’t run pinball machines.

Outdoor spaces, covered from rain, easy load in on paved surfaces.

A venue should be bending over backwards for the business. Not the other way around. Especially now. All the years of crapping on people having a little bbq, food, drink, etc outside. I hope the show never goes back to The fair.

Rent a college or other venue that wants the business and is easy to work with.

#148 3 years ago
    Quoted from EMPins:

Time to move the show then to a new venue that wants the business. The fair grounds near me is set up for large outdoor covered craft shows. Plenty of power. Every vendor has tons of lights, fans and junk plugged in. No reason they can’t run pinball machines.
    Outdoor spaces, covered from rain, easy load in on paved surfaces.
    A venue should be bending over backwards for the business. Not the other way around. Especially now. All the years of crapping on people having a little bbq, food, drink, etc outside. I hope the show never goes back to The fair.
    Rent a college or other venue that wants the business and is easy to work with.

Everyone thinks they have great ideas but no one wants to do the work of running a show. Rich is not going to "move the show" or do anything else just because a few people can't be happy that the show might not happen this year. Most people just don't seem to "get it" - there is a deadly virus being spread around all over the world. Staying healthy and safe is more important than worrying about not being able to have a pinball show (or two). We all miss the shows - I also miss concerts, traveling, camping & a lot of other stuff. But 2020 is not the year to have large groups of people getting together. It just isn't worth it!

As soon as Rich decides what is going to happen he will let all of us know. Until then talking about the show is just a waste of time. No point in "guessing" what might happen, no point in talking about what you are "bring" or looking for. Bottom line is in a few days we will know for sure what is going on. Until then talking about it isn't going to do anyone any good.

#149 3 years ago
    Quoted from EMPins:

Oooh! I could bring my Bad Cows! The Bull Ramp that goes around the outside, the Heffer Ramp in the middle, the Hen House, the Hay Bale Vari-Target.

Moo M'MooMoo!

#150 3 years ago
    Quoted from EMPins:

Time to move the show then to a new venue that wants the business

It is *very* difficult to find the right venue that can accommodate a pinball show.

1) enough electric outlets and amperage.
    2) enough physical space
    3) enough loading/unloading space for vendors and participants.
    4) enough parking for attendees
    5) enough hotel space nearby for visitors
    6) low enough rent to make it worthwhile
    7) reasonably accessible location
    8) ablility to secure the show space and control foot traffic in & out
    9) HVAC system that can support the heat from attendees & all the games
    10) level floors

And those are just the big things.

Most venues fail to meet at least half of those.

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-game-show-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/3?hl=jugood20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.