(Topic ID: 266589)

White Rose Game Show 2020/2021 - Buy, sell, trade, want (no corona virus talk)

By bluespin

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MythMaker
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1919 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1909 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3016 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_2666 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2801 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2532 (2) (resized).JPG
    DE80DFF4-77B9-4F7A-ABA9-ADF4FE867FB4 (resized).jpeg
    921D1E18-3CEB-4BCD-89D6-A8A430D53BB4 (resized).jpeg
    1A5BBEA4-FAE3-4D99-90B3-634419B54218 (resized).jpeg
    475E962F-945E-44D2-8F02-B59E5D6ECB45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5647[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5645[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5661[1] (resized).JPG
    PXL_20211009_142241094.MP~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211009_131454259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1717 (resized).JPG
    There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 17.
    #751 2 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Bob and Guido above have it right. I've been attending shows for over 30 years. Set up at the very first Allentown show when it was at the firehouse and pretty much every one since then. Set up at many many York shows over the years. Before all that, I attended many of the huge gameroom shows at Hackensack, Valley Forge, and Chicago, buying, selling and trading.
    Since the Roman Chariot days and before, people have always bought things in rough shape, fixed them up, and tried to sell them for a little more. Houses, cars, furniture, antiques and yes, even pinballs. Nothing has ever been wrong about that. Its fundamental capitalism. Which of you who have owned more than one house sold your last house for the same or less than you bought it? I'm not sure where the line is between being a "flipper" and being a hobbyist who like playing and fixing pinballs. But as far as flippers being leaches, giving nothing back to the hobby, etc, that's crap!
    If people who pay to set up at a show can't make a little money, guess what. Pretty soon, they don't come back to the show and there is no show. I have bought broken down games over the years, fixed them up, and sold them, either at a show or privately, to some homeowner who has no idea of how to repair his own machine and except for me and others like me, would probably never have had an opportunity to own a pinball machine. But because I fixed one up and sold it to him, he plays it, his wife and kids play it, their friends and neighbors play it, and next thing you know, somebody else is looking to buy a machine.
    Then I tell them or they hear about the local shows coming up, they come, pay their entrance fee, and spend money with the various vendors. That's how shows get built.
    As far as making money doing this, I don't think anybody is getting rich in the process. At best, you hope to make a few bucks which inevitably goes back into the hobby buying parts or other machines to fix and play. My time is worth just as much as everyone else's time, and I don't plan to spend hours and hours for nothing, just so someone can benefit from all of my labor while they did nothing. That's just the way it is. That doesn't mean I don't do favors for people from time to time. I have spent hours helping friends fix their machine with nothing more than a thanks at the end. I have bought numerous games and "flipped" them to friends for exactly what I paid, because I knew they loved it more than me and wanted to have it. I have given newbies parts and advice for free, just because I thought they needed a break and a bit of a helping hand to get them started on their pinball journey. But if I buy a game, fix it up, bring it back from the dead, and make it look as close to new as possible, I want some compensation for the dollars and hours upon hours of labor I put in. That's not wrong.

Very well said!

#752 2 years ago
    Quoted from illudiumQ36:

Whoever brought the Bad Cats - thank you! It had been over 10 years since I last played one. Yours was very nice and I would have loved to have bought it, but it was out of my budget.
    Saw the same ST25 that was for sale at Allentown for sale here.
    Loved the restored Seeburg 161 jukebox. I have the big sister to that, a 201. This one had bling![quoted image][quoted image]

Does anyone have contact information they can send me for the gentleman selling the Seeburg 161? Greatly appreciated!

#753 2 years ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

I played that yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous job by Dono. Congrats on your pickup.

Dono does excellent work, but the credit for this game goes to one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet, but is sadly no longer with us. I actually owned this very machine, not once, but twice! It wasn't in this condition when I owned it.
    It passed from me to Vic Camp, and Vic, not being terribly fond of add-a-ball games, traded it for a very nice Gottlieb "Volley". Meanwhile, the "Melody" ended up in the hands of a guy who quickly developed excellent restoration skills. He lovingly restored the game to it's current condition, and was it's proud owner until he tragically passed away less than two years ago. Dono purchased it from his widow, and as he said, he sold it because he's also not a big fan of the add-a-ball version. I know he's been looking for an equally nice "Sing Along" for years now, but hasn't found one.
    So, MB, we miss you, and I was fondly thinking of you as I played this game at the show. Enjoy it, @poppapin!

#754 2 years ago

It's cool to hear about the journey of some of these games between collectors. Thanks for the back story JR, and I'll be taking care of this baby. Great show as usual.

#755 2 years ago

Who got the fire champagne edition? Wanted it kinda bad but couldn’t pull the trigger at 3500. Looked like a really nice example

#756 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phillips88:

Does anyone have contact information they can send me for the gentleman selling the Seeburg 161? Greatly appreciated!

I'm not that familiar with the Jukebox models, if it was in a booth almost directly behind the entrance table, it was very likely Dale at AHJS. https://www.ahjbs-jukeboxsociety.com/ If that's not them, give me some details about where it was on the show floor and I can most likely track them down.

#757 2 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

I'm not that familiar with the Jukebox models, if it was in a booth almost directly behind the entrance table, it was very likely Dale at AHJS. https://www.ahjbs-jukeboxsociety.com/ If that's not them, give me some details about where it was on the show floor and I can most likely track them down.

It was dale reinhart from the ahjbs. He lives out west of reading pa. Don't have his number handy but if you can't find him, message me as I can get it from a friend.

#758 2 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Quoted from sbmania:

It was dale reinhart from the ahjbs. He lives out west of reading pa. Don't have his number handy but if you can't find him, message me as I can get it from a friend.

Thank you so much!

#759 2 years ago

How did I miss the jukebox guy???

#760 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

How did I miss the jukebox guy???

They were on the left hand side a the front of the show (if you're standing at the entrance and facing the back wall) Most people look and move to the right in those situations.

#761 2 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Who got the fire champagne edition? Wanted it kinda bad but couldn’t pull the trigger at 3500. Looked like a really nice example

Guidotorpedo A buddy of mine Dave got it not sure if he is on pinside or not. When I asked it was 3300 not sure what he paid. He loaded it and left.

#762 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Dono does excellent work, but the credit for this game goes to one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet, but is sadly no longer with us. I actually owned this very machine, not once, but twice! It wasn't in this condition when I owned it.
    It passed from me to Vic Camp, and Vic, not being terribly fond of add-a-ball games, traded it for a very nice Gottlieb "Volley". Meanwhile, the "Melody" ended up in the hands of a guy who quickly developed excellent restoration skills. He lovingly restored the game to it's current condition, and was it's proud owner until he tragically passed away less than two years ago. Dono purchased it from his widow, and as he said, he sold it because he's also not a big fan of the add-a-ball version. I know he's been looking for an equally nice "Sing Along" for years now, but hasn't found one.
    So, MB, we miss you, and I was fondly thinking of you as I played this game at the show. Enjoy it, poppapin!

Well said JR, I'm sure it is sitting proudly in its new spot being enjoyed by Poppapin and his family.

#763 2 years ago

I am looking for contact info for the guy that was selling the neon signs. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

#764 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Came so close at the end of the today to buying either King Pin or Soccer wedge heads. Damn fun!

Were you the gentleman who talked with me about my Top Card? I know the person was also interested in Don's King Pin. That was a super nice example. Don does real nice work. I set the Top Card up in my game room today.

#765 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tyamry:

I am looking for contact info for the guy that was selling the neon signs. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

I was looking at those. He has a real nice Gottlieb sign ...$300

Larry, you need to make the trek east for some shows. Allentown is a great show and York has that at home feeling. They're a really good time and there are great buying opportunities at both.

#766 2 years ago
    Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

Were you the gentleman who talked with me about my Top Card? I know the person was also interested in Don's King Pin. That was a super nice example. Don does real nice work. I set the Top Card up in my game room today.

Hi, no, I didn’t talk to anyone about their games.

#767 2 years ago

That's happens to be the one I was looking at!

Next year I will make it out for either Allentown or York to meet all of you guys... Any chance that Top Card is for sale!

I was looking at those. He has a real nice Gottlieb sign ...$300
    Larry, you need to make the trek east for some shows. Allentown is a great show and York has that at home feeling. They're a really good time and there are great buying opportunities at both.

#768 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

Well said JR, I'm sure it is sitting proudly in its new spot being enjoyed by Poppapin and his family.

He probably still has it stashed in his van,he's not allowed to bring anymore pins home.

#769 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

He probably still has it stashed in his van,he's not allowed to bring anymore pins home.

Speaking of which, I might have to stash something at your house.

#770 2 years ago

I am the neon sign guy from the White Rose York Show. Yes everyone loved the Gottlieb neon sign and it did sell at the very end. I was surprised it lasted that long with everyone asking about it. Thanks to all that came by to visit. A big thank you to Rich and crew. This show would not have been possible without them and their hard work. They made it a safe and comfortable show for all.

A big shout out to Chris & Melissa (Coin Taker) for bringing two brand new Godzilla pinballs and the Mandalorian for the enjoyment of all that attended this fantastic show. Where can you get to play a brand new Godzilla pinball that just got delivered a day before the show. White Rose Gameroom Show. If you didn't go to the York show you are just looking at the new Godzilla pinball pictures on the internet. Do not miss out next year. I know I won't.

IMG_5661[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5661[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5647[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5647[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5645[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5645[1] (resized).JPG
    #771 2 years ago
    Quoted from Buckaroo:

Yes everyone loved the Gottlieb neon sign and it did sell at the very end. I was surprised it lasted that long with everyone asking about it.

I think everybody was eyeballing that Gottlieb sign. Myself included.

#772 2 years ago

Curious about show attendance compared to previous years. Higher, lower, about equal.

I invited friends, co-workers and neighbors to attend the show. I know several went and enjoyed.

#773 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

Curious about show attendance compared to previous years. Higher, lower, about equal.
    I invited friends, co-workers and neighbors to attend the show. I know several went and enjoyed.

Can't speak for actual numbers, but Friday was not even close to being crowded.

#774 2 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Selfishly, that made it even more appealing to me. Besides the disease elephant in the room, the smaller attendance on Friday made it much easier to play games, talk with vendors and have long conversations with good people.

#775 2 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Friday and Saturday seemed like they had equal numbers. The area I was in (at back with Pinball Gallery) was busy both days. Only gsmes I saw that had lines were Alien, Godzilla and sometimes TAF

#776 2 years ago

Thanks to everyone who came out on Friday and gave Pincraft a play. Sorry we had a few issues on and off during the day.

This was the first time that Pincraft has been played by the public.

Feel free to private message me your feedback.

475E962F-945E-44D2-8F02-B59E5D6ECB45 (resized).jpeg475E962F-945E-44D2-8F02-B59E5D6ECB45 (resized).jpeg

1A5BBEA4-FAE3-4D99-90B3-634419B54218 (resized).jpeg1A5BBEA4-FAE3-4D99-90B3-634419B54218 (resized).jpeg

#777 2 years ago
    Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

Selfishly, that made it even more appealing to me. Besides the disease elephant in the room, the smaller attendance on Friday made it much easier to play games, talk with vendors and have long conversations with good people.

I agree with you. Didn't bother to stand in line for the newer games as others were available to play most times. Double-edged sword of course, they need more people coming to make it a better continuing business proposition.

Kinda of missed the outside flea market, always fun to run through that a number of times looking for a real project. Climbing into the back of a truck/trailer looking for a diamond in the rough.

#778 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tyamry:

That's happens to be the one I was looking at!
    Next year I will make it out for either Allentown or York to meet all of you guys... Any chance that Top Card is for sale!

I still have the Top Card. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. It's a real nice example and it's dialed in just right ...plays great.

#779 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I think everybody was eyeballing that Gottlieb sign. Myself included.

It's real nice but I thought $300 was a bit pricey for it.

#780 2 years ago

I still have the Top Card. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. It's a real nice example and it's dialed in just right ...plays great.

How much are you asking?

#781 2 years ago
    Quoted from MythMaker:

Thanks to everyone who came out on Friday and gave Pincraft a play. Sorry we had a few issues on and off during the day.
    This was the first time that Pincraft has been played by the public.
    Feel free to private message me your feedback.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Epic homebrew!! Just mentioned it to my kid and he was like “REALLY?! DID YOU PLAY IT?!” Yes, son, that I did.

#782 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Speaking of which, I might have to stash something at your house.

#783 2 years ago

I am very sorry I did not make this years show but I am happy to see so many positive comments about the show. PLEASE REMEMBER these shows only exist because of a lot of hard work by a good many people. If you are unhappy with somethings about a show the first thing you should look at is "how can I help to make the show better". Promoters of these shows provide the venue - it is up to the people who attend to do all they can to make each show all it can be.

Personally I am thankful for all the hard work each promoter puts in each year to make these shows happen. It was bad enough before Covid hit but with all the new BS tossed at all of us because of this virus it is even harder. So I wanted to take a minute to say thanks to Rich, his family and everyone else that makes this show happen each year. Keep up the great work and I hope to see all of you in 2022.

#784 2 years ago

I was there both days and had a great time. Games seemed to be selling quickly and unfortunately a lot of them were removed early. Wasn't going to go in saturday because I was afraid most of the games would be gone but it wasn't much different then friday night. Still had a great time, got to meet Colson bought some glass from him and bought some color lcds from Butch. I was a little disappointed Coin Takers booth was a lot smaller as I came with a list of bulbs about $350 deep that I stayed up the night before trying to count what all I needed. Met Jody and wife from rampomatic and bought a bad girls replacement pool table. Bought some Freddy glove props for on top of my freddy machine from a member I believe that is on here. Also got to play his G&R and Rob Zombie before they sold which was cool.

I have decided by next years white rose show I need to come home with an EM machine for the collection. Something about them just gets me and I love playing them. The Doozie I believe it was called was a great game and my brother and I spent a lot of time playing that game. Was very beautiful. The dancing dolls game had me laughing my butt off at the figure dancing in the back of the game and I nearly shit myself when the 2nd silhouette appeared and started dancing. Highways was also a great one that had a unique cabinet. There was a very nice looking Aztec there that we loved playing. There was some EM there that I can't remember the name of that had the top pop bumper that would pop up and down above and below the playfield as you played. That was a neat trick. Also loved the flipper cowboy. The rolling stones was there that was restored and played amazing. It was smashed with a sledge hammer by some goofs that were imitations of Howard Stern, however the gentleman that owned it brought it back to life. I rolled the score on it one time and had a blast. I loved playing scared stiff and road show (both games I would love to have some time in the future). My buddy was pissed he missed out on the ms pacman for $400 that he was looking for. I didn't come home with any games this year but spent some decent money in parts for the ones I own and got to play lots of pinball which is always a good thing

All in all it was a lot smaller than normal and there was less vendors there but I can understand why and it is no ones fault. I believe everyone made the best of the situation and in the long run it was a success. I believe when/if things ever get back to "normal" the show will be much larger.

#785 2 years ago
    Quoted from fatality83:

Wasn't going to go in saturday because I was afraid most of the games would be gone but it wasn't much different then friday night. Still had a great time, got to meet Colson bought some glass from him and bought some color lcds from Butch.

Cool to meet you too Chris! Always good to put a face to us keyboard commandos after so many years on here.

Agree 110%. I was skeptical when I showed up Saturday, but ended up playing a ton, chatting with a ton of people and staying almost to the very end. Had a blast.

And I have to say Godzilla Pro was very fun to play. That top orbit shot is nuts. Game plays fast as hell.

921D1E18-3CEB-4BCD-89D6-A8A430D53BB4 (resized).jpeg921D1E18-3CEB-4BCD-89D6-A8A430D53BB4 (resized).jpegDE80DFF4-77B9-4F7A-ABA9-ADF4FE867FB4 (resized).jpegDE80DFF4-77B9-4F7A-ABA9-ADF4FE867FB4 (resized).jpeg
    #786 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Cool to meet you too Chris! Always good to put a face to us keyboard commandos after so many years on here.
    Agree 110%. I was skeptical when I showed up Saturday, but ended up playing a ton, chatting with a ton of people and staying almost to the very end. Had a blast.
    And I have to say Godzilla Pro was very fun to play. That top orbit shot is nuts. Game plays fast as hell.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Waiting on my Prem, this game looks great.

#787 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

How much are you asking?

Sold the Top Card today. Very happy buyer. Hated to let it go, but I have 100 games and can't keep all of them.

#788 2 years ago

Sold the Top Card today. Very happy buyer. Hated to let it go, but I have 100 games and can't keep all of them.

Great to hear, it played like a champ, just like the one that I played out of the box at Electric Circus Arcade in Alexandria VA so many moons ago. Thanks for a great job as usual Dave, and of course bringing it to the show for all to enjoy.

#789 2 years ago

Thanks for taking time to chat Saturday, Colson, even though you probably had other things to do. It was good to finally meet you.

#790 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dono:

Great to hear, it played like a champ, just like the one that I played out of the box at Electric Circus Arcade in Alexandria VA so many moons ago. Thanks for a great job as usual Dave, and of course bringing it to the show for all to enjoy.

It was also good to meet you, Dono. I’m 6’ 3”, and you’re one of the few people who can make me feel short!

#791 2 years ago

Thought that game belonged in your line up, but c'est la vie!

#792 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Thanks for taking time to chat Saturday, Colson, even though you probably had other things to do. It was good to finally meet you.

No way man! Definitely nice to finally meet you, and your wife. I always like to meet up with other Pinsiders at shows. Well...most. Haha.

And it’s always nice to see some that make the trip from out of state. Thanks for supporting the shows here. Let me know if you’re coming in for a show next year, and we’ll meet up and shoot a few games.

#793 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

It was also good to meet you, Dono. I’m 6’ 3”, and you’re one of the few people who can make me feel short!

Dono is a tall drink of water!

#794 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Dono is a tall drink of water!

Haha!

#795 2 years ago

Sorry, I just saw this. Congrats on the sale!

1 week later
    1 week later
    #797 2 years ago

Anybody know the vendors name or company that was selling the new cocktail arcade machines. Looking to get one. thanks.

#798 2 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Anybody know the vendors name or company that was selling the new cocktail arcade machines. Looking to get one. thanks.

Talk to @colson3 , he purchased one.

#799 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Talk to @colson3 , he purchased one.

Those were priced right, I almost bough one.

#800 2 years ago

Where were they at? Were they one row over from Mayfair and behind Chance Tess (the guy selling the pinball boards)

Quoted from tp:

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.