(Topic ID: 266589)

White Rose Game Show 2020/2021 - Buy, sell, trade, want (no corona virus talk)

By bluespin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MythMaker
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1919 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1909 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3016 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_2666 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2801 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2532 (2) (resized).JPG
    DE80DFF4-77B9-4F7A-ABA9-ADF4FE867FB4 (resized).jpeg
    921D1E18-3CEB-4BCD-89D6-A8A430D53BB4 (resized).jpeg
    1A5BBEA4-FAE3-4D99-90B3-634419B54218 (resized).jpeg
    475E962F-945E-44D2-8F02-B59E5D6ECB45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5647[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5645[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5661[1] (resized).JPG
    PXL_20211009_142241094.MP~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211009_131454259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1717 (resized).JPG

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.
    #701 2 years ago
    Quoted from twoplays25c:

Great job Rich, thanks as always to you and your team!
    Some great games to enjoy, parts to grab, and I also did my part to continue the unofficial dress code for 2021's PA pinball shows ... anyone else??
    LOL.
    [quoted image]

Beelzeboob is that you ??? lol
    Nope socks aren't high enough.
    I have those exact sneakers and although I don't go crazy with the high socks, mine are white and go nicely with cargo shorts with many many pockets.
    Pinball GEEKS ASSEMBLE !

#702 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pinball Gallery was kind enough to host my P3 so we could get the synced up to play head to head - come by today to see more! We had lines the entire day. Several other fascinating homebrews to play as well. Definitely check out NGG 2.0 and Rock Lives!

Pinball Gallery is owned and operated by classy people. They are friendly at every event I attend and went out of their way to reset their No Good Gofers game when it jammed yesterday during play. I always frequent their arcade northwest of Philly and have a pleasant experience every time.

Good pinball people make for good times.

#703 2 years ago
    Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

Pinball Gallery is owned and operated by classy people. They are friendly at every event I attend and went out of their way to reset their No Good Gofers game when it jammed yesterday during play. I always frequent their arcade northwest of Philly and have a pleasant experience every time.
    Good pinball people make for good times.

Indeed. +1 for Bill and Sherry.

#704 2 years ago
    Quoted from cmf:

Who had the Scared Stiff and does anyone know what the story is on the playfield art? Was it a prototype or something?

Prototype white playfield.

#705 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Just talked to a few people here. Apparently people were here flipping games hardcore yesterday. Buying, moving them over three spots...and raising the price tag repeatedly until they sold. What scumbags.
    I wonder how much the cat who actually wanted and ended up with each game paid for it, compared with what they could’ve gotten it for before the shenanigans.

Colson,

That shit is one of the reasons we have basically "walked away" from the hobby. Too many people in the hobby for all the wrong reasons and too few actually in it to enjoy the hobby.

Sadly many things we have enjoyed over the years have changed a lot lately. We have enjoyed camping (RV not tent camping) for over 50 years and camping has changed so much in the past couple years we refuse to even think about staying in a campground these days. People having RV stolen while they are out for day trips, people stealing anything that isn't chained down at campsites, campers packed into campgrounds like sardines in a can, etc.

For years the pinball hobby was a bunch of guys who enjoyed helping each other find and fix up machines, enjoyed playing machines, etc. Now it is all about "if I buy that I can flip it and make $$$". Then on top of it people keep complaining about shows not having enough machines on freeplay (or lack of vendors) but those are the same guys making parking lot deals and never even bringing a machine into the show for freeplay.

Anyway sadly things are changing and not for the good!

#706 2 years ago

Nice crowd here! Meeting new pinball friends!

Thanks for your hard work, Rich!

IMG_20211009_124314 (resized).jpgIMG_20211009_124314 (resized).jpg
    #707 2 years ago

Dark Knight just join the booth for sale and set to free play.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#708 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

[quoted image]

Let's see the Alien Poker

#709 2 years ago
    #711 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Why thank you. Looks very nice.

Saw it a little while ago. It is very nice.

Just played a super nice Spy Hunter that plays like butter also. But “Mark” needs to decide to sell it.

FA7CD038-8584-4D7B-AA40-F867B839F989 (resized).jpegFA7CD038-8584-4D7B-AA40-F867B839F989 (resized).jpeg
    #712 2 years ago

That is nice looking. I can't say for sure, but I have a Spy Hunter also and I would venture that mine is not as nice.

#713 2 years ago

Changing P3 playfields in 20 minutes or so
    Play head to head or wait a few and play Sorceror’s Apprentice or CCR!

#714 2 years ago

There are still a solid few deals here. Not mine but there is a sure shot with a super clean playfield here for 500 by the turtles machine.

20211009_133611 (resized).jpg20211009_133611 (resized).jpg
    #715 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rolpa:

NBA Fastbreak still for sale on the free play floor![quoted image][quoted image]

Oh no! Where was this yesterday? I came with with my mind on potentially getting a fastbreak but don’t recall seeing this

#716 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Oh no! Where was this yesterday? I came with with my mind on potentially getting a fastbreak but don’t recall seeing this

Next to SF2 in the second aisle. I didn't get it on the floor until about 5:00, I think.

#717 2 years ago

Bought Alien Poker for $1500 and will sell it for same.

Another game is here I want to by and don’t have room for both.

#718 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rolpa:

Next to SF2 in the second aisle. I didn't get it on the floor until about 5:00, I think.

Darn, I left before then

#719 2 years ago

I’ve always preferred York to Allentown. It’s just a smaller more manageable show. Why do people complain about there being too many EMs?

I feel like everyone has played all the popular DMDs by now, but I feel like I’m exploring new frontiers every time I see a wood rail I’ve never played. Holy smokes how cool are they?! Such neat features and gimmicks, like the game that has a shadow puppet in the backglass that dances around when you make a certain shot. Way cool. THATS the sort of thing I look forward to these days. Quirky games you don’t see often.

Anyway, always a good time. Special Thanks to Zacaj for the wicked game pickup and pbpins for going out of his way to getting me a perfectly working soundboard. You guys rock!

#720 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Bought Alien Poker for $1500 and will sell it for same.
    Another game is here I want to by and don’t have room for both.

Dude. That Alien Poker is the nicest example I've ever seen.

#721 2 years ago

These pics don't do justice to the gorgeous Melody I picked up yesterday at the show, thanks to Dono for a smooth transaction.

IMG_1714 (resized).JPGIMG_1714 (resized).JPGIMG_1715 (resized).JPGIMG_1715 (resized).JPGIMG_1716 (resized).JPGIMG_1716 (resized).JPGIMG_1717 (resized).JPGIMG_1717 (resized).JPG
    #722 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Dude. That Alien Poker is the nicest example I've ever seen.

I agree which is why I’m happy I’m able to take it home since Mandalorian is getting wrapped up now and I don’t have to take it home with me.

#723 2 years ago

Fastbreak still for sale...

#724 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

These pics don't do justice to the gorgeous Melody I picked up yesterday at the show, thanks to Dono for a smooth transaction.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I played that yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous job by Dono. Congrats on your pickup.

#725 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

These pics don't do justice to the gorgeous Melody I picked up yesterday at the show, thanks to Dono for a smooth transaction.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!

#726 2 years ago

Don’t you wish there was one of these every weekend???

#727 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Couldn't agree more, lots of quality EM's at York.

#728 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

YES x 1000!!!

I love this show.

-Paul

#729 2 years ago

Day two of the show down. Ended up selling both my games I had. Was weird leaving a show without having to pack up a game or two. Was nice to meet a few Pinsiders in person. Once again really enjoyed the show. Probably played every game that was there. Time to start the count down to next years show.

#730 2 years ago

Does anyone know who was selling the Wild Fyre in the freeplay area?

#731 2 years ago

Another great show! Thanks again to rich and crew. Sold a few games, and bought a whirlwind at a great price for my collection! It got a good workout after I set it up!

Had to leave early this yeah because lady and I are going to a comedy show. I’ll be sure to help with tear down next year.

Mike

#732 2 years ago

My wife and I had a great time at the show today. Still worth the trip. Got to see/meet some folks, get some stuff for pins, and play a lot of pinball. Thanks again, Rich and crew, for another chance to go to my favorite show.

#733 2 years ago

Whoever brought the Bad Cats - thank you! It had been over 10 years since I last played one. Yours was very nice and I would have loved to have bought it, but it was out of my budget.

Saw the same ST25 that was for sale at Allentown for sale here.

Loved the restored Seeburg 161 jukebox. I have the big sister to that, a 201. This one had bling!

PXL_20211009_131454259 (resized).jpgPXL_20211009_131454259 (resized).jpgPXL_20211009_142241094.MP~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20211009_142241094.MP~2 (resized).jpg
    #734 2 years ago

Anyone know who the vender was all the way to the back left ? He had several spaces of used playfield, cabinets, and other items in plastic containers. If so can you please send me his contact information. He gave me his Facebook information and of course I forgot! Thank you much appreciated!

#735 2 years ago

York ‘21

Peace OUT! Great time had by me anyway.

#736 2 years ago

Came so close at the end of the today to buying either King Pin or Soccer wedge heads. Damn fun!

#737 2 years ago

That most like was Jeff at Rocketland Coin Op. He's a longtime vendor at both Allentown and York shows. The Bad Cats was also his (or his son's)

Quoted from Lovef2k:

Kudos to Starship Fantasy. I purchased a ramp on their website the night before not realizing that they were at York. They gave me the ramp in person, refunded the shipping and also gave an additional refund for the show price difference of 10%. Class act!

Anyone know who the vender was all the way to the back left ? He had several spaces of used playfield, cabinets, and other items in plastic containers. If so can you please send me his contact information. He gave me his Facebook information and of course I forgot! Thank you much appreciated!

#738 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Saw it a little while ago. It is very nice.
    Just played a super nice Spy Hunter that plays like butter also. But “Mark” needs to decide to sell it.
    [quoted image]

That's a beautiful example...

#739 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Day two of the show down. Ended up selling both my games I had. Was weird leaving a show without having to pack up a game or two. Was nice to meet a few Pinsiders in person. Once again really enjoyed the show. Probably played every game that was there. Time to start the count down to next years show.

I was there for 6 hours yesterday but I never saw you. Maybe see you at Pinfest 22...

#740 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

I was there for 6 hours yesterday but I never saw you. Maybe see you at Pinfest 22...

I was looking for your Flight 2000 in a both. Did run into a couple people I always say hi too but not as many as usual.

#741 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Congratulations on your new machine,it’s a real beauty!

#742 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I was looking for your Flight 2000 in a both. Did run into a couple people I always say hi too but not as many as usual.

I didn't bring it there or pinfest 21. I didn't have enough to bring to make it worth while to rent a trailer. Plus I really don't want to move it any more in fear of damaging the cab. It is still pristine, looks as good now as it did right after restore.

#743 2 years ago

Had an awesome time at the show guys! Thanks to everyone who came and brought pins!

Torpedo Alley had people on it pretty much the whole show, and aside from a few stuck balls she held up like a champ. Saw lots of kids playing on my Outrun 1up as well. Put the Torpedo Up as trade, had quite a few offers and people trying to buy it for cash, but nothing I’d rather have than that pin.
    Took my son to his first pinball show and he had a blast. Even won the kids tournament so it looks like I get a buddy at pinball shows from now on. He won a pair of cool drones.

I was pleasantly surprised to have my name drawn and be given $100 cash for keeping my game there until the end.

Met lots of cool folks and picked up a couple of new back glasses, a playfield, and the Ms. Pac Man 60 in 1 arcade 1up. Awesome.
    Godzilla Pro was a pleasant surprise.

I liked the little free tournaments.

I saw quite a few deals, even on the second day. I saw a Sure Shot with a really nice playfield go for $500 that was taunting me. A DMD game for $1500? Wipeout was still there unsold at the end of the show.

My 10 year old says the best games at the show were Roadshow and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

My favorites and/or most pleasant surprises were Dr. Who. Highway, Bad Cats, Sure Shot, High Hand, Sea Witch, Laser War, and Godzilla. We don’t discriminate on era here.

Thanks to everyone who brought games to the show this year!

As an aside, bringing a game is a completely different experience than just attending. If you’ve never done it before and have transportation, it feels good to see other people enjoy your games. You may think that no-one would want to play your game but I assure you that you are mistaken. Do it!

#744 2 years ago

Glad to see some positive posts about the show! The Debby downers complaints about vendors trying to make money and complaints about parking lot deals (but stop by my house on the way to the show!) were starting to piss me off.

Here's a thought.. If vendors don't make money why would they show the following year?? Know why there were no side blades/Mod makers? They can make the same $$ sitting at home and not have to spend money on a booth/hotel/eating out/gas and 3 days of setup & show. Trying to at least make up the MINIMUM $400-$500 that it costs you to just be there. Totally discounting any time spent by the vendor and anyone helping them in the booth (or expense of paying the help). A sale between 2/3/4 Adults where everyone is happy about the price of the machine shouldn't concern anybody but those involved. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Thanks to the free play games brought. It may not have been the titles you wanted to see, but there were some nice games there. Cointaker had 2 new Godzillas, Ailens and Mando Pro. They weren't for sale because they can't get them either, but they brought them anyway. Rich brought his nice collection, which off the top of my head included TZ, Addams Family, Roadshow, Dr Who and others I can't remember without looking at pictures. Other people in the hobby took the time to travel & bring their games also, again it may not be what you wanted to play, but be part of the solution next time, bring one & see a show from the other side.

All day Admission was $15 and there were raffle prizes. I can't get a burger/fries/soda from 5 guys for that..

I honestly hope the show can continue in this venue. It looks emptier because the other venue was a Small and this is XL. Rich wanted to bring the outdoor vendors inside after multiple years of rainy shows and I think that's great.

Speaking of vendors, I want to thank Larry from Starship Fantasy for coming. The guy takes up multiple spots every year and when I bought 2 ramps from him about 1PM on Saturday (after buying 1 Friday) he said I had tripled his business for the day. I'm sure there are others, but Larry is a staple and I'm glad he shows up. I try to buy stuff from him that I anticipate that I might need, but most times I don't really need it at the moment.

Support the show or there won't be one! Think you can do better? Go for it..

Last Thanks to Rich and his staff for running a great show! He is HOPING to break even this year. That's a lot of work that most people wouldn't do to HOPE to break even.

Last question... I've been going to shows for almost 10 years now, back in the day where everyone swapped fairly and nobody made a dime, was Kumbaya sung at the end? Either before my time, or I must have left early..

#745 2 years ago

Nevermind

#746 2 years ago

First time attending the show but I really enjoyed it. I don’t get a chance to play a lot of these older games very often so I loved getting the opportunity to try them out. Didn’t meet many people this year but it’s great to hear the sense of community that seems to have been built over the years. I wish I had more time to spend there this weekend but I’m definitely looking forward to returning next year.

#747 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

[quoted image]

Ha! That one used to be mine. I sold it to a friend, who also later sold it. We both saw it at the show. The cycle of life continues.

Also, probably the nicest bdk you’ll ever see lol

#748 2 years ago

My wife and I attended the show and had a great time!! BIG SHOUT OUT and THANK YOU to all those who brought games to the show for free play (whether to sell or just for people to enjoy). Yes there wasn’t a huge quantity of games, compared with Pinfest…BUT….the quality of games was fantastic, IMO. There were so many great titles and pinballs on hand…from EM….to early and later SS…and some brand new games as well.

I would like to commend and give a special thanks to the gentleman that brought his Stern Mandolorian pinball and was gracious to allow others to try it out. That Grogu mod was insane, and I truly believe Stern may have missed out on an incredible opportunity— if they would have had that feature in any of their editions. Would also like to thank Coin Takers for bringing not (1), but (2) Godzilla machines to try. My wife is a HUGE Godzilla fan and seeing her smiling and having fun playing the new game is priceless.

So glad that I attended, looking forward to both pinball shows again in 2022.

#749 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Glad it's going to a new home to be enjoyed by a fellow collector... nice meeting you Henry!

#750 2 years ago

Bob and Guido above have it right. I've been attending shows for over 30 years. Set up at the very first Allentown show when it was at the firehouse and pretty much every one since then. Set up at many many York shows over the years. Before all that, I attended many of the huge gameroom shows at Hackensack, Valley Forge, and Chicago, buying, selling and trading.

Since the Roman Chariot days and before, people have always bought things in rough shape, fixed them up, and tried to sell them for a little more. Houses, cars, furniture, antiques and yes, even pinballs. Nothing has ever been wrong about that. Its fundamental capitalism. Which of you who have owned more than one house sold your last house for the same or less than you bought it? I'm not sure where the line is between being a "flipper" and being a hobbyist who like playing and fixing pinballs. But as far as flippers being leaches, giving nothing back to the hobby, etc, that's crap!

If people who pay to set up at a show can't make a little money, guess what. Pretty soon, they don't come back to the show and there is no show. I have bought broken down games over the years, fixed them up, and sold them, either at a show or privately, to some homeowner who has no idea of how to repair his own machine and except for me and others like me, would probably never have had an opportunity to own a pinball machine. But because I fixed one up and sold it to him, he plays it, his wife and kids play it, their friends and neighbors play it, and next thing you know, somebody else is looking to buy a machine.

Then I tell them or they hear about the local shows coming up, they come, pay their entrance fee, and spend money with the various vendors. That's how shows get built.

As far as making money doing this, I don't think anybody is getting rich in the process. At best, you hope to make a few bucks which inevitably goes back into the hobby buying parts or other machines to fix and play. My time is worth just as much as everyone else's time, and I don't plan to spend hours and hours for nothing, just so someone can benefit from all of my labor while they did nothing. That's just the way it is. That doesn't mean I don't do favors for people from time to time. I have spent hours helping friends fix their machine with nothing more than a thanks at the end. I have bought numerous games and "flipped" them to friends for exactly what I paid, because I knew they loved it more than me and wanted to have it. I have given newbies parts and advice for free, just because I thought they needed a break and a bit of a helping hand to get them started on their pinball journey. But if I buy a game, fix it up, bring it back from the dead, and make it look as close to new as possible, I want some compensation for the dollars and hours upon hours of labor I put in. That's not wrong.

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-game-show-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/15?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.