(Topic ID: 266589)

White Rose Game Show 2020/2021 - Buy, sell, trade, want (no corona virus talk)

By bluespin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MythMaker
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1919 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1909 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3016 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_2666 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2801 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2532 (2) (resized).JPG
    DE80DFF4-77B9-4F7A-ABA9-ADF4FE867FB4 (resized).jpeg
    921D1E18-3CEB-4BCD-89D6-A8A430D53BB4 (resized).jpeg
    1A5BBEA4-FAE3-4D99-90B3-634419B54218 (resized).jpeg
    475E962F-945E-44D2-8F02-B59E5D6ECB45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5647[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5645[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5661[1] (resized).JPG
    PXL_20211009_142241094.MP~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211009_131454259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1717 (resized).JPG

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.
    #651 2 years ago

I had a good time. Machines priced high, to be expected. My wife fell in love with Joker Poker. Said let's buy this machine. I about fell over. There were 2 there, but neither were for sale. JT Amusements had one she was playing. Wonder how much...and he is local.

#652 2 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

I left after half an hour. Free play is a shell of what it used to be and like always, lots of bingo/woodrails. No pinball Star and CT has only 4 games setup. I had high hopes for this show and was really disappointed. Thank God it was right down the road from me so I didn't have to travel far and my kids didn't tag along so I didn't waste money on them getting in.

Out of curiosity since you live so close which game(s) are yours in the free play area? If you don't have any there today maybe you could bring one or two tomorrow to help it not be a shell of it's norm.

#653 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

I had a good time. Machines priced high, to be expected. My wife fell in love with Joker Poker. Said let's buy this machine. I about fell over. There were 2 there, but neither were for sale. JT Amusements had one she was playing. Wonder how much...and he is local.

JT Amusements is "Jim" from Duncannon PA about a 40 minutes North of the show. He does fantastic work and is a good honest guy. He has been a long time friend and is one of the best service guys in PA as far as I am concerned. You can find his information by using Google.

#654 2 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

JT Amusements is "Jim" from Duncannon PA about a 40 minutes North of the show. He does fantastic work and is a good honest guy. He has been a long time friend and is one of the best service guys in PA as far as I am concerned. You can find his information by using Google.

HEY Skip! I have his number and I saw him at the show...before my wife said how much. Then I couldn't find him. I wasn't going to call and tire kick. I figured if I found him, I would ask.

#655 2 years ago

I did notice at the show today they did have hand sanitizer, mask, and plastic baggie type gloves for folks who wished to wear them. The items were set up on a table before you went in to pay. Coin Taker also had hand sanitizer for folks to use.
    Thank you!

I also notice a note on one of the pins in free play and it read “ IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS GAME PLEASE DO NOT PLAY “ I thought that was real tacky for someone to do BUT most folks just ignored it and played it anyway lol Why bring the game and put it on free play? Have it unplugged, put a sign on it for sale and the price THEN if someone is interested fire it up and play away …..

#656 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

HEY Skip! I have his number and I saw him at the show...before my wife said how much. Then I couldn't find him. I wasn't going to call and tire kick. I figured if I found him, I would ask.

Dave, It has been a while since we talked. Hope all is well on your end!

Glad you had a chance to talk to Jim - he was here visiting last week but before that it has been a while between visits since he is so busy these days.

A little hint - Jim will sell pretty much anything from his collection for enough money. It really just depends what "enough money" is!

Have Fun!

-Skip-

#657 2 years ago

Lol. Yes, all good. Hope you and your family are doing well. I'll get a price for my wife.

There was a great playing Rolling Stones at the show. A very nice Silverball Mania (sold). I got to play Fathom, Haunted House, a beat to piss Amigo, various Star Trek machines and I did play Godzilla.

The Playboy with the rusted ball, various mechanical issues and high price was a bit sad.

#658 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the show today. Like most folks, I was just glad to be at a pinball show and playing games other than my own after a whole year away. I got to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Thanks as always to the woodrail/bingo row folks who generously bring their games to share. I even tried to play Bally’s Gayety though I had no clue what I was doing!

I usually take pictures of my favorite games. Here are my top 3 from this year. Derby Day was my absolute favorite. It’s my understanding that there was actually a second one for sale that I missed out on. One of these days!! Not pictured is Dono ’s Melody which was absolutely beautiful and found a great new home.

Thanks as always to the folks who make it all possible!
    54952C45-12A4-49C8-A2E4-E50B8F4A2034 (resized).jpeg54952C45-12A4-49C8-A2E4-E50B8F4A2034 (resized).jpeg724C0272-7168-4902-B75D-28408A3DDEBB (resized).jpeg724C0272-7168-4902-B75D-28408A3DDEBB (resized).jpeg77316A11-0F5E-4B6E-8DC8-BA1F99F7B812 (resized).jpeg77316A11-0F5E-4B6E-8DC8-BA1F99F7B812 (resized).jpeg

#659 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

Is there anyone at the show that is from the northeast an willing to pickup a playfield for me. I will be happy to compensate
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2c6ef85f9f485109e9ec8aba1769fb2baa784c1f-1633739037-1800"};
    //]]>

I’m in Albany NY but willing to dive to pickup within a 100mile radius….
    Don

I'm in North Attleboro MA but will be driving by Albany next Friday for a wedding in Rochester. If you want to meet at a rest stop along the way I could do that. I could alos bring it to Pintastic show next month if you are not in a hurry and plan on attending that show.

#660 2 years ago

Three or Four things to "remember" or "consider" about shows this year. First off there are still a good many people - like me - that just are not interested in being around a lot of people because of this whole Covid 19 mess. (I am not "scared" of it I just feel as though I don't be someone else adding to the problem if I were to get sick enough to end up in the hospital).
    Second - typically there is around 6 months between Allentown & York which gives people plenty of time to "restock" and get stuff ready to sell. This year it was about 1/2 that because Allentown was delayed because of this Covid mess.
    Third - every year there are less & less parts & project machines to be found and prices on everything pinball is through the roof so it is hard to find "flea market vendors" when those guys have little to nothing to sell.
    And lastly the cost of motels, fuel and everything else is extremely high right now so that likely reduced the crowd bring stuff for freeplay & for sale.
    People need to remember "nothing is back to normal yet". Be thankful Ivan & Rich both had shows this year and hope they made enough to have a show again next year instead of complaining about lack of machines and other stuff at the show. And lastly if you don't think there is enough in freeplay maybe it is time to "step up" and bring a machine or two to the freeplay area for next year!
    I feel really bad not making it this year but I just can't do it. Knowing several people in the medical field and talking to them I know they are already stressed enough just trying to keep up. I don't want to be someone adding to that so I have decided to "lay low" for a while longer.

Well said Skip!

#661 2 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

No. No pinball star either.

I couldn't come either. I checked and missing this year breaks a 12 year streak for me (including as free-play bringer prior to starting my business) - bummer. I appreciate the photos posted - it all feels so familiar.
    -Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit.

#662 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Derby Day was my absolute favorite. It’s my understanding that there was actually a second one for sale that I missed out on.

That game looks sweet!!

#663 2 years ago

We had a great time! No long waits to play Alien and Godzilla. Both were much more fun than expected. I rough counted about 125 machines in the free play area. Not as many as past years but this show is normally not near as big as Allentown.
    Thank you to everyone who brought machines! Great to get out and talk/play with friendly people who love pinball.

0E53B123-6FAF-43F4-9E8D-2C4C9EB17CBF (resized).jpeg0E53B123-6FAF-43F4-9E8D-2C4C9EB17CBF (resized).jpeg7EFE5226-1D03-496A-8AD9-D4F823DA7CF8 (resized).jpeg7EFE5226-1D03-496A-8AD9-D4F823DA7CF8 (resized).jpeg9C4B3F6A-930C-4C45-9DD6-142AB71B4A99 (resized).jpeg9C4B3F6A-930C-4C45-9DD6-142AB71B4A99 (resized).jpegB46ADA23-FB45-4207-ADC3-09311A1E69B0 (resized).jpegB46ADA23-FB45-4207-ADC3-09311A1E69B0 (resized).jpegE277B3AB-8F4D-4FE9-93AB-017A28966EC5 (resized).jpegE277B3AB-8F4D-4FE9-93AB-017A28966EC5 (resized).jpeg
    #664 2 years ago

Anybody have a sheet of Bally widebody PF glass (43” x 27.5”) new or in great shape?

Or really stretching...a sheet of new or very nice PF glass for a Superman? (45 1/2” x 27 3/4”)? If I can work out a small issue, I may bring it for free play tomorrow.

0E3FB88C-7593-4562-B3CE-8843963C875E (resized).jpeg0E3FB88C-7593-4562-B3CE-8843963C875E (resized).jpeg
    #665 2 years ago

People need to remember "nothing is back to normal yet".

Totally agree Skip. Covid has changed participation from vendors to attendees.

#666 2 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

We had a great time! No long waits to play Alien and Godzilla. Both were much more fun than expected. I rough counted about 125 machines in the free play area. Not as many as past years but this show is normally not near as big as Allentown.
    Thank you to everyone who brought machines! Great to get out and talk/play with friendly people who love pinball. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had great time at the show, stayed all day until 8pm
    Also bought that Fathom in your 2nd photo, I've wanted one for awhile and finally pulled the trigger.

#667 2 years ago

Does anyone have a color dmd power adapter and harness for a data east like this they would be willing to part with? https://shop.colordmd.com/data-east-power-adapter/

#668 2 years ago

Hey Joe, I kinda miss that Space Invaders, think a guy I used to work with still has it. Tried to buy it back years later. Did look around for you, figured you and your brother would be there. Maybe I'll see you at Allentown if I can get there. Cheers

#669 2 years ago

Ok, so people seem to enjoy those P3's. Definitely need to get more details!

#670 2 years ago

Keep in mind this hall is much bigger than the old one so what is actually more games than previous shows gets lost in the size of the hall.

#671 2 years ago

Made it to Carlisle tonight, wife and I plan to be there 9 am tomorrow. Looks like a lot of pins to play to me. Looking forward to it!

#672 2 years ago

The EMs do seem to in better shape than the solid states on average. I think the EM folks like to show off their nice stuff, I know I do.

Had a great time today! Back tomorrow bright and early.

#673 2 years ago

I can bring a newly built cocktail table tomorrow for $850. It has the 60 game PCB or you can set it to play only Ms. Pacman if you want to be more traditional. Please message me if interested. Thanks

IMG_20211004_160922570 (resized).jpgIMG_20211004_160922570 (resized).jpg
    #674 2 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

The EMs do seem to in better shape than the solid states on average. I think the EM folks like to show off their nice stuff, I know I do.
    Had a great time today! Back tomorrow bright and early.

Yup. I played 50+ games today, almost all em and solid state since the newer games were always packed. Most ems played great, lots of obvious collector's games, not for sale. Most of the solid state needed some help.

#675 2 years ago

The Eight Ball Deluxe that spent the day in the Pinball Memorial Hospital will be in the Free Play area for sale tomorrow after the buyer welched out.
    New ROMs for the S & T board will be here in the morning and we'll all see if the EBD has anything to say. It's been silent up until now.
    Thanks to Pistol Pete for a lot of assistance in fixing a bunch of little problems.
    It has a brand new Outside Edge hardtop as well as a brand new CPR backglass.
    Price will be dependant on whether Mr. EBD speaks or remains like Marcel Marceau.

#676 2 years ago

Thank you to everyone who brought a game to the show.

#677 2 years ago

Remember to stop by, we are to your left as you enter the show. Buy the VHS movie your pinball machines are themed on. They were selling briskly today, but still have lots left. VHS tapes are great knick knacks for bar and gameroom shelves since they can stand upright. Plus they are retro cool now. If you have Sega or Gottlieb DMD games, probably still have those movies. $3 each / 2 for $5

FREE ROM Burning service - you supply the chips, I'll UV erase them if needed (at least an hour) and I'll burn the code you need.

Play Mandalorian LE and seeing the moving Grogu doll in person. Will be set to free play on the "You Have What I Want" challenge game the new code added. $11,000 or a trade + cash.

The beautiful Alien Poker I bought today will be on free play. Might be available to trade or sale, but taking it home with me unless someone makes an offer I can't refuse.

I brought a box a dart machine parts (Arachnid, Galaxy, English Marks, etc). Two dart boards; loads of board pieces; game power supply; English Marks marquee; monitor cable and some other stuff probably. $40 or make an offer

Album covers $1 each

Gaming and Super Hero themed T-Shirts sold well, still plenty of left tomorrow. $8 each, 3 for $20

Brand new, never opened, left cabinet sideart for Mandalorian LE - $100

Baywatch Translite (new) - $75

Bar and gamerooms signs - various prices

Pabst Blue Ribbon neon sign, looks awesome! - $100

External powered subwoofers - $85

The Shadow translite and speaker cover - $50

Touch screen jukebox and gaming kiosk - $900

Beer barrel keg CD/radio stereo - $40

Mustang Cobra trunk mat (brand new) - $20

Bill Cosby album - Priceless, but I'll let you laugh at it.

Someone PLEASE buy the Budweiser Beer Can Boat I have, just so I can tell my wife, "I told you so!"

#678 2 years ago

My first time at White Rose. And my first show since 2019. It was fun to play so many EMs and Woodrails. Got to play a Ballyhoo!! Godzilla shot really nice, but the Pro was seriously lacking all the cool mechs. I also brought home a nice Dolly project. Looking forward to tearing into it. Thank you to Pete, @ibuypinballs. Great Seller!

IMG_20211008_223600158 (resized).jpgIMG_20211008_223600158 (resized).jpg
    #679 2 years ago

Day one over. Got there at 8am and left at 6pm. Wasn’t gonna go because of Covid. But I ended up getting it a few weeks ago so said screw it. I’m going. I brought two games for free play. Finished one of them at midnight the night before just to make it. Bought that roached Harlem Globtrotters since I needed another cab for a project. Picked up a couple color DMDs, flipper button lights and speaker lights. Plus sold my two back glasses. Had a blast playing Godzilla and Alien. There were 2 games I would have bought if I had more cash on me. Thought the show was pretty good considering Covid still going on. Well better get to sleep and back for day two.

#680 2 years ago

Can I pay admission with a credit card, or do I need cash?

#681 2 years ago

I see Mike! I see George! I see peoples and games! I see a Diamond Jack I might have bought! Oh well... hopefully 2022 will be my return year & maybe bring one from my fleet just for fun. Kudos for putting it on and continuing the tradition.

#682 2 years ago

Kudos to Starship Fantasy. I purchased a ramp on their website the night before not realizing that they were at York. They gave me the ramp in person, refunded the shipping and also gave an additional refund for the show price difference of 10%. Class act!

I talked a friend into going to York, his first show and he went home with a nice Wms Flash. His second pin, now he's hooked. He also would have bought a Gorgar but it wasn't set up, he wanted to see it working.

Thank you to everyone that brought games for free play. My plans fell through to bring a High Speed, didn't get it finished in time.

Thanks Rich M for another great show!

#683 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

Is there anyone at the show that is from the northeast an willing to pickup a playfield for me. I will be happy to compensate
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"53f62b21256273f565553f6baea542b80845f3aa-1633757012-1800"};
    //]]>

I’m in Albany NY but willing to dive to pickup within a 100mile radius….
    Don

Sent pm

#684 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

Can I pay admission with a credit card, or do I need cash?

Cash only.

#686 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hop-Pac:

My first time at White Rose. And my first show since 2019. It was fun to play so many EMs and Woodrails. Got to play a Ballyhoo!! Godzilla shot really nice, but the Pro was seriously lacking all the cool mechs. I also brought home a nice Dolly project. Looking forward to tearing into it. Thank you to Pete, ibuypinballs. Great Seller!

That's the kind of attitude that has re-attracted me to pinballs at my senior age. I played the historical Ballyhoo as well. It is fun to restore a game. Happy to see the fun, appreciative fans here. The fussy, cranky ones not so welcome.

#687 2 years ago

I believe I have only five color displays left to sell. Couple of original Twilight Zone clock boards if anybody wants to take a shot at repairing or one oe wants an original. Still have a few Shaker Motors, aprons, and dollar bill acceptor cables.

Game-wise that stunning HUO Addams family that I picked up is getting loaded into my car today to go in my collection.

I have a really nice Fish Tales that the previous owner redecaled for sale and a Twilight Zone that I would be willing to part with, but not said if I took home. Playboy and turtles are gone.

20211008_115801 (resized).jpg20211008_115801 (resized).jpg20211008_170436 (resized).jpg20211008_170436 (resized).jpg

#688 2 years ago

Just for comparison purposes. 2019 had 132 games at one point for free play. 2021 had 90 games on free play when I took the pictures around 2pm on Friday afternoon.

Throw in the vendor games, and they probably had another 40-50 titles.

#689 2 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Just for comparison purposes. 2019 had 132 games at one point for free play. 2021 had 90 games on free play when I took the pictures around 2pm on Friday afternoon.
    Throw in the vendor games, and they probably had another 40-50 titles.

Off the cuff, I think 2021 had more working games than 2019 did.

We drove 14 hours round trip to attend for 3 hours, no regrets. Got to meet up with a friend I had not seen in a few years and picked up a transformer for a project I'm working on and the Mrs. picked up a new T-shirt for her collection.

Played a few games on Fathom (not as good as I thought it would be, but pretty game)
    Star Wars Trilogy (better than I thought it would be)
    Highways (beautiful restoration)
    TX-Sector
    Tales from the Crypt
    Spy Hunter

And a few more, thanks to everyone who brought games in! Really pressed for time so could not play as many as we would have liked.

My only bitch was on the new games we got out of line and moved on to other things when the guy in front of use scored not one but two extra balls on the same round on Mandolorian while playing. It was clear he was going to be playing for some time so moved along. If you are going to have a new title set up at a show perhaps should have some features disabled to keep the line moving and expose the title to the maximum number of potential buyers.

They did this at Allentown on a few titles but this is of course up to the individual vendor.

And thanks to the vendors who did attend, picked up a few used and new parts! Looking forward to seeing everyone at Pintastic.

Very cool seeing the homebrew pins as well and talking to a creator or two there.

#690 2 years ago

As promised. Another game for freeplay. Be sure to check out Torpedo Alley and Outrun!

20211009_082734 (resized).jpg20211009_082734 (resized).jpg
    #691 2 years ago

Went yesterday and had a blast! Great show, thank you to everyone that made the show possible. Ended up buying a game.

Pro tip: after your last ball, *look behind you to see if anyone’s waiting* before you immediately mash the start button again…

#692 2 years ago
    Quoted from jackblotto:Ok, so people seem to enjoy those P3's. Definitely need to get more details!

Come by this morning, I’ll give you a tour

#693 2 years ago

Pinball Gallery was kind enough to host my P3 so we could get the synced up to play head to head - come by today to see more! We had lines the entire day. Several other fascinating homebrews to play as well. Definitely check out NGG 2.0 and Rock Lives!

AF043BB7-E5DD-4235-AF63-91CB6D36C810 (resized).jpegAF043BB7-E5DD-4235-AF63-91CB6D36C810 (resized).jpegEC06FB1A-424E-4FC2-8CB0-4F97E6387900 (resized).jpegEC06FB1A-424E-4FC2-8CB0-4F97E6387900 (resized).jpeg
    #694 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Come by this morning, I’ll give you a tour

Thanks for the offer, but already back at home. You were actually pointed out to me by Bill (you were already talking to somebody) as I live just south of you in Manassas. He gave me a nice tour of the games. I played the one on the right, not sure if that was your game. Maybe I'll invite myself over some day ...

#695 2 years ago

Who had the Scared Stiff and does anyone know what the story is on the playfield art? Was it a prototype or something?

#696 2 years ago

Great job Rich, thanks as always to you and your team!
    Some great games to enjoy, parts to grab, and I also did my part to continue the unofficial dress code for 2021's PA pinball shows ... anyone else??
    LOL.

2021York-CargoShortsnSneaks (resized).jpg2021York-CargoShortsnSneaks (resized).jpg
    #697 2 years ago

Just talked to a few people here. Apparently people were here flipping games hardcore yesterday. Buying, moving them over three spots...and raising the price tag repeatedly until they sold. What scumbags.

I wonder how much the cat who actually wanted and ended up with each game paid for it, compared with what they could’ve gotten it for before the shenanigans.

#698 2 years ago
    Quoted from jackblotto:

Thanks for the offer, but already back at home. You were actually pointed out to me by Bill (you were already talking to somebody) as I live just south of you in Manassas. He gave me a nice tour of the games. I played the one on the right, not sure if that was your game. Maybe I'll invite myself over some day ...

You’re welcome to! I’m in arlington, not too far from you

#699 2 years ago

NBA Fastbreak still for sale on the free play floor!

PXL_20211009_000022155.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20211009_000022155.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20211009_000027053.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20211009_000027053.MP (resized).jpg
    #700 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rolpa:

NBA Fastbreak still for sale on the free play floor![quoted image][quoted image]

Just played that game, WAY more fun than I remember. Crazy unique rules

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-game-show-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk/page/14?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.