(Topic ID: 266589)

White Rose Game Show 2020/2021 - Buy, sell, trade, want (no corona virus talk)

By bluespin

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 803 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MythMaker
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1919 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1909 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3016 (2) (resized).JPG
    IMG_2666 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2801 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2532 (2) (resized).JPG
    DE80DFF4-77B9-4F7A-ABA9-ADF4FE867FB4 (resized).jpeg
    921D1E18-3CEB-4BCD-89D6-A8A430D53BB4 (resized).jpeg
    1A5BBEA4-FAE3-4D99-90B3-634419B54218 (resized).jpeg
    475E962F-945E-44D2-8F02-B59E5D6ECB45 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5647[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5645[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_5661[1] (resized).JPG
    PXL_20211009_142241094.MP~2 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211009_131454259 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1717 (resized).JPG
    There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
    #2 4 years ago

Hoping this happens!!

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Hoping this happens!!

Same here. It’s my favorite show!

#4 4 years ago

If it doesn't, we might as well all just slash our wrists!

#5 4 years ago

I just changed the title of the forum as I’m getting a little tired of all the doom and gloom about the corona virus. Let’s try to stay positive and talk about what we’re looking foreword to at this year’s show.

Please move all the corona virus talk to the below forum. I keep seeing updates in the Pinfest but, sell, trade forum and its almost 100% corona virus talk. When I see updates in this forum I’m hoping to see what people are planning on bringing to the show, looking forward to taking home, etc.

#6 4 years ago

At the “year of the fire” show, 2016, I think, someone brought a Chicago Coin Thing woodrail. I really enjoyed playing it and haven’t seen one since. Selfish request, but by any chance is someone planning to bring one this year (not necessarily looking to buy one, just to play one again)?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

At the “year of the fire” show, 2016, I think, someone brought a Chicago Coin Thing woodrail. I really enjoyed playing it and haven’t seen one since. Selfish request, but by any chance is someone planning to bring one this year (not necessarily looking to buy one, just to play one again)?

That was the "fire and rain" show.
    I remember that "Thing". There was a great woodrail row at that show.

#9 3 years ago

I created a new forum for this pin show. This forum will focus on everything except buying, selling and trading.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-game-show-2020-hotel-food-etc-no-buy-sell-trade-talk#post-5613260

1 week later
    #10 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

That was the "fire and rain" show.
    I remember that "Thing". There was a great woodrail row at that show.

About the only thing York hasn’t had is swarms of locusts! Or giant Hornets

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Or pretzel wraps

#12 3 years ago

At least not yet, it can always happen. We are past due for a snow storm for the show.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

At least not yet, it can always happen. We are past due for a snow storm for the show.

I've been to every York show from the beginning. I remember the second show. It was the first one at the Fairgrounds. There were two outdoor flea market vendors. It was cold out ( I believe it was early November). When a few snow flurries started, one of the flea market vendors said "screw this". He packed up and left! Hoping we can get together for my favorite show of the year! It will really suck if we have to endure another long, cold winter before the next show.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Or pretzel wraps

There are many great food options at York though. Lattuca's Subs and Pizzeria is a great place for lunch. I'll really miss going there if the show bombs.

#15 3 years ago

There are a lot of good food options within a few minutes drive from the show. Someday, we hope to make a list of them that we can hand out.

The first show seems like it was just the other day. It was held in a Firehall on Market Street. I had a Comet and World's Fair at the show. My buddy brought a Lucky Ace that he painted in his dark basement and well it looked like he painted it in a dark basement while wearing sunglasses.

Would anyone like to guess which vendor was at that show and every one since then? ( I think they didn't make it the year that Chicago scheduled the same weekend)

It is still too early to make a decision about canceling an even in October, so we are very much in wait and see mode. Or if you prefer corporate speak, we are monitoring the situation and will provide a status update when new information is available.

Quoted from jrpinball:

There are many great food options at York though. Lattuca's Subs and Pizzeria is a great place for lunch. I'll really miss going there if the show bombs.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Would anyone like to guess which vendor was at that show and every one since then? ( I think they didn't make it the year that Chicago scheduled the same weekend)

Mike Frasca?

#17 3 years ago

Good guess but Mike is too young.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Really?
    Guidotorpedo

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

Pete ibuypinballs

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

There are a lot of good food options within a few minutes drive from the show. Someday, we hope to make a list of them that we can hand out.
    The first show seems like it was just the other day. It was held in a Firehall on Market Street. I had a Comet and World's Fair at the show. My buddy brought a Lucky Ace that he painted in his dark basement and well it looked like he painted it in a dark basement while wearing sunglasses.
    It is still too early to make a decision about canceling an even in October, so we are very much in wait and see mode. Or if you prefer corporate speak, we are monitoring the situation and will provide a status update when new information is available.

My guess is Mayfair.

#21 3 years ago

My guess is Mayfair.

You're correct. Mayfair has been to all but one of the shows.

#22 3 years ago

Already have the days off and fingers crossed!

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

The first show seems like it was just the other day. It was held in a Firehall on Market Street.

That show seems like eons ago to me, but I remember it well.
    Was looking for the firehouse, and suddenly saw the sign, "Pinball Show Today". Yanked a hard right, and I think I was on two wheels coming into the show. A friend who was already there saw this, and said "what, are you with the Joey Chitwood stunt team?" as I parked and got out!

#24 3 years ago

My guess is Mayfair.

Steve Young also did shows back then, not sure if he attended the White Rose Show.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Or pretzel wraps

What happened to no food talk etc...?

Looking to buy a Bally Vampire!

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

What happened to no food talk etc...?

#27 3 years ago

Steve never made it to the York show. He did go to Allentown several times.

Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Steve Young also did shows back then, not sure if he attended the White Rose Show.

#28 3 years ago

Enjoyed going to York with my son last year for the first time, look forward to attending again. Great people all around and nice selection of pins and vendors.

#29 3 years ago

Looking forward to York and will bring these 2 bad boys (or something better) to the freeplay area.

I'll bring some some used DMDs and ramps to try to trade for new wallhanger backglasses and am looking forward to pursuing the flee market for TSPP mods, trough lights, coil stops, and backglasses! I'll put up some pictures of whatever I bring to sell/trade as the show approaches. I'll just keep my backglass want ads up in the meantime. I need more crap for my wall and this is the perfect place to get it.

York is a great show and it will either not happen, or be bigger than ever this year.

78bbcefaade3291df8f61cdf2732e365b47388c2 (resized).jpg78bbcefaade3291df8f61cdf2732e365b47388c2 (resized).jpg

#30 3 years ago

I'll have this nice Demo Man with me. It's got a few mods including a Pinshaker brand Shaker motor.

I'll be looking for either already hard-topped games or games that have a hard top available. I already have a Space Shuttle.

20200322_200359_01_01 (resized).jpg20200322_200359_01_01 (resized).jpg
    #31 3 years ago

Looks like our only hope is York. I registered a game and hopefully nothing changes .

#32 3 years ago

Don't write off Pinbrew yet, August 20-22 near Youngstown, OH. New show this year. Fingers crossed, who knows?

https://www.pinbrewfest.com/

2 weeks later
    #33 3 years ago

I will be bring a high speed on free play area.

#34 3 years ago

Looking out for a gtb james bond for someone

#35 3 years ago

I have four fully (or mostly) populated playfields for sale here on Pinside (in the marketplace) that can be delivered to the York Show or picked up here in Carlisle PA anytime before the show. They include a fully populated LAST ACTION HERO $900 (OBO) /// a fully populated CUE BALL WIZARD $600 (OBO) /// a fully populated ROCK $350 (OBO) /// and a mostly populated GOLD WINGS $350 (OBO)

From memory all four of these are in very nice overall condition. Once I get them "dug out" I'll know more about them but when I put them away about a year ago they all looked pretty nice to me. It will be a week or two before I can get pictures of them if anyone is seriously interest. Parts on these are worth more than my asking price but I hate to part them out because all of them are nice enough to just drop into machines. If they don't sell by the time York Show happens I'll just part them out over the Winter but I really hate to do that with nice playfields.

I have ZERO interest in attempting to ship these so please don't ask!

#36 3 years ago

I am looking for the following woodrails in original players condition or better:

Gotlieb Straight Shooter
    Gottlieb Auto Race
    Gottlieb Stagecoach

2 weeks later
    #37 3 years ago

I am not trying to change this to a Coronavirus thread but I was just watching the news today and Carlisle Events is being sued by the PA Dept of Health for violating the "green phase limit" of 250 people attending an event. The outcome of this might dictate what happens with any show for a long while. Time will tell but with the Carlisle Car Show being an outdoor event spread over a lot of area it isn't like social distancing is a huge problem. Hundreds of people in a building might be harder to "pull off" this year?

#38 3 years ago

I've been watching that story closely. The Governor has been threatening to not remove the green status until there is a Covid vaccine. A limit of 250 people would cause the show to be canceled.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am not trying to change this to a Coronavirus thread but I was just watching the news today and Carlisle Events is being sued by the PA Dept of Health for violating the "green phase limit" of 250 people attending an event. The outcome of this might dictate what happens with any show for a long while. Time will tell but with the Carlisle Car Show being an outdoor event spread over a lot of area it isn't like social distancing is a huge problem. Hundreds of people in a building might be harder to "pull off" this year?

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from rmarket:

I've been watching that story closely. The Governor has been threatening to not remove the green status until there is a Covid vaccine. A limit of 250 people would cause the show to be canceled.

There may NEVER be a vaccine, just like there is no vaccine for the common cold or Aids. So then what?

#40 3 years ago

Vote!

#41 3 years ago

114 Days away, a lot can happen. Have to be positive.

#42 3 years ago

Well, I am definitely looking forward to the show. Haven’t missed one since I’ve been attending since 2004!

Between now and then, I’ll be looking for either a Junk Yard or BSD!

#43 3 years ago

I've been to every single York show from the very beginning. If it's on, I'm there. I'm having my doubts though if it will happen. Fear of this virus is infinitely worse than the virus itself. It's about time we get f*ckin' back to normal. It's all f*ckin' p*l!t!cs, and were all suffering for it.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

114 Days away, a lot can happen. Have to be positive.

I'm finding it very difficult to be positive about anything lately.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I've been to every single York show from the very beginning. If it's on, I'm there. I'm having my doubts though if it will happen. Fear of this virus is infinitely worse than the virus itself. It's about time we get f*ckin' back to normal. It's all f*ckin' p*l!t!cs, and were all suffering for it.

Simple solution:
    Move the show to the weekend after the election. The virus will magically be gone but we’ll all be f*cked or the other side will come up with the next new crisis since it didn’t work the first and second time.

#46 3 years ago

I must be on a different planet than you guys. I'm seeing higher infection and death rates in areas that are opening too quickly.

#47 3 years ago

No Corona talk! It's in the title!

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

No Corona talk! It's in the title!

I put the post up about the Carlisle Car Show because the ruling on that will likely dictate what happens with most larger events in the state for a while. Hopefully we will see some kind of "rational" decision from the courts saying how events can proceed in the near future. Once the decision is handed down it should help Rich decide if he can proceed with the show.

#49 3 years ago

Can not wait with everything being canceled this is the ray of light at the end of the covid tunnel. I have only been to the last three shows but enjoyed every one. Saved up pins to sell at the pinball shows and now I just play them. Hope something happens this year. Rich puts on one nice show. Fingers crossed.

#50 3 years ago

It's all political at this point, there won't be any rational decision. We'll end up with something like you can assemble more than 250 people but only on Thursdays that have an odd numbered date. The State is going after some businesses that didn't follow the rules with a vengeance and ignoring others.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

I put the post up about the Carlisle Car Show because the ruling on that will likely dictate what happens with most larger events in the state for a while. Hopefully we will see some kind of "rational" decision from the courts saying how events can proceed in the near future. Once the decision is handed down it should help Rich decide if he can proceed with the show.

There are 803 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-game-show-2020-buy-sell-trade-want-no-hotel-talk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.