Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    23326713f7869ea41fc8212d92785a51 (resized).jpg
    wcastle28 (resized).jpg
    o (resized).jpg
    wc nb (resized).JPG
    wc 50 (resized).jpg
    wc (resized).jpg
    IMG_3918 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2659.JPG
    1534557590113731563152686935720 (resized).jpg
    White_Castle_Meat_Patty_Thick_as_a_Quarter (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Harold-and-Kumar (resized).jpg
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

We have Domino's, Supreme. Why no White Castle? Great burgers and imagery, seems like a no brainer. Harold and Kumar would make it even better! P.S. I drove to New Jersey yesterday and had me some sliders, they are as good as advertised.

#2 5 years ago

With an In-N-Out saucer hole kickout.

#3 5 years ago

Sliders & spikes oh yeah!

#4 5 years ago

As the Beastie Boys once said " White Castle fries only come in one size."

#5 5 years ago

Do they say f@ck you if you say, " hold the onions" at White Castle?

#6 5 years ago
    Harold-and-Kumar (resized).jpgHarold-and-Kumar (resized).jpg
    #7 5 years ago

You could do a re-theme. Just paint the castle white on a Medieval Madness.

#8 5 years ago

shit your pants multiball

#9 5 years ago

We don't have White Castle out here except the frozen burgers. Will the game ship with a bag of fresh ones?

I'd gladly trade ten of our In 'n' Outs for one White Castle burger stand.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I grew up in SoCal and you’re talking sacrilege there o-din!

#11 5 years ago

The frozen ones you buy in Florida are just OK, something you pop in the microwave when there is nothing else to eat. Krystal's are good if you catch them at the right time. Ate there for the first in years, kinda wished I hadn't.
    Many years ago there was a Royal Castle nearby. That place was awesome!

I'd rather see a Taco Bell machine made. Food you crave after 2am on a Saturday night!

#12 5 years ago

Lock 5 balls in the 5 hole Patty for multiball!

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

I grew up in SoCal and you’re talking sacrilege there o-din!

There's one on every corner now. Three close to the house and we barely ever go anymore. It's become old hat. The fries were never that great.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

We don't have White Castle out here except the frozen burgers. Will the game ship with a bag of fresh ones?

White Castle is god-awful. It makes McDonalds look look delicious.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

White Castle is god-awful. It makes McDonalds look look delicious.

Even if I did the Harold and Kumar routine?

#16 5 years ago

This probably would sell as well as Supreme.

Theme Music - Lyrics
    Nights in White Castle
    I'm drunk once again
    Sliders I'm eatin'
    With all of my drunken friends
    The bars are all closed now
    There's nowhere else left to go
    What's in these wrapped burgers
    I really don't want to know

'Cause I love them
    Yes, I love them
    Oh, how I love them

Nights in White Castle
    Now it's a quarter to 4:00
    But I ain't goin' home now
    'Cause I'm still lookin' to score
    How I love these gut busters
    With their little square buns
    But I know I'll get heartburn
    And a bad case of the runs

But I love them
    Yes, I love them
    Oh, how I love them
    Ohhh...

#17 5 years ago

Could this be the "thread of the weekend"? There always seems to be one.

#18 5 years ago

When I moved to Atlanta I ate one Krystal slider and I almost threw up. White Castle and Krystal are only good if you’re drunk, it’s midnight and everything else is closed. Then again I nicknamed Waffle House as Aweful House because it’s just as bad. McDonald’s breakfast is better, and that’s not saying much

#19 5 years ago

You have to be in the mood for a slider and when you are, nothing is better. When you aren't in the mood, it is absolutely unappealing.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Do they say f@ck you if you say, " hold the onions" at White Castle?

My dad always asked for double onions. Then he would throw away all of the top buns and put two sliders together with the greasy bottoms top and bottom.

Just had me a sack of Whitey One-Bites yesterday for lunch. You have to drink a shake before eating them to coat your stomach or you will regret going there a few hours later.

#21 5 years ago

Onion farts Super Bonus!
    3 am puker multiplier

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Onion farts Super Bonus!

Got a guy in a cube next to me that eats their breakfast all the time. Wow, can't imagine starting a day off like that.
    in public anyway

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Got a guy in a cube next to me that eats their breakfast all the time. Wow, can't imagine starting a day off like that.
    in public anyway

Their breakfast stuff is normal. You should try it some time. Stop at the one on Packard & Carpenter.....

#24 5 years ago

Crave case wizard mode?

#25 5 years ago

Slider playfield. Stays greasy forever.

LTG : )

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Stop at the one on Packard & Carpenter.....

It's got to be at least quicker. The nighttime run is literally the slowest place I've ever been. When we used to go we would bring chairs and beer and wair in the drive through out of the car. You could smoke 3 hole cigs with breaks in between.
    Ahhhh smoking...those were the days.

#27 5 years ago

My car still smells like sliders, 3 days later.

#28 5 years ago

White Castle is a real chain? I always thought the movies made the locations up. We certainly dont have those in Canada.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

White Castle is a real chain? I always thought the movies made the locations up. We certainly dont have those in Canada.

Oh, they are real!

4 AM, Sunrise Highway in LI, NY.....serving burgers 24 hours since the 70s for me!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #30 5 years ago

Saw a Steve Ritchie seminar where he was talking about GOT Prem/LE.. He had a pic of the white wood with White Castle boxes used for walls around the upper playfield. I think he said some of the other Stern guys did that as a joke if I remember right, haha.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

It is very real! They are still family owned and not a franchise, which is a big part of the allure and popularity of the place. They are only in something like 13 States, so they are a rare fast food joint that many people only heard stories about. If White Castle was as prevalent as McDonald's, it wouldn't be anything special. I appreciate how the Ingram family runs their business. Many of them actually put in shifts at the restaurants, including the CEO!

#32 5 years ago

It’s the original definition of a “square meal”

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

It is very real! They are still family owned and not a franchise

Consumer Reports White Castle best hamburger meat of any brand! They have their own cows! Been eating WC's since the 50's...never a problem...

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Consumer Reports White Castle best hamburger meat of any brand!

I don't know if they have them anymore. In 1972 when I ran a cigarette route, I had three White Castle locations on my route. White Castle had their own health inspectors. You might not see them for a month or two, and then might see them two days in a row.

Besides the state for the tax stamp on the packs, the White Castle inspectors were allowed access to the machine if I was there and they wanted to inspect. The inside of the machine had to be clean. No stored matches or damaged packs of cigarettes. Things that had oil or grease were okay as long as it wasn't messy.

These were the only places I had this out of all the restaurants and bars I serviced.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Been eating WC's since the 50's...never a problem...

But look at what it’s done to your eyes!

#36 5 years ago

I like White Castle burgers, but find them best eaten while still hot and before the grease congeals.
    Even eaten while hot the grease will still congeal, but just not until it is already inside your stomach.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't know if they have them anymore. In 1972 when I ran a cigarette route, I had three White Castle locations on my route. White Castle had their own health inspectors. You might not see them for a month or two, and then might see them two days in a row.
    Besides the state for the tax stamp on the packs, the White Castle inspectors were allowed access to the machine if I was there and they wanted to inspect. The inside of the machine had to be clean. No stored matches or damaged packs of cigarettes. Things that had oil or grease were okay as long as it wasn't messy.
    These were the only places I had this out of all the restaurants and bars I serviced.

They are not as clean as they once were. When most of the Castles were still made of porcelain panels, you could routinely see employees waxing the entire building.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

When most of the Castles were still made of porcelain panels, you could routinely see employees waxing the entire building.

I wax my castle every few days....

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Consumer Reports White Castle best hamburger meat of any brand! They have their own cows! Been eating WC's since the 50's...never a problem...

I guess it's not hard to use good meat when there's barely any of it White_Castle_Meat_Patty_Thick_as_a_Quarter (resized).jpgWhite_Castle_Meat_Patty_Thick_as_a_Quarter (resized).jpg

#40 5 years ago

Closest I have ever come to death was at the WC on Mohammed Ali Blvd in Louisville at 2am back in college. The cop assigned to the store and I were the only Caucasians there.... until he left for some unknown reason. But I was there on a mission. I got harassed in the parking lot but made it back to the hotel with a case of those beauties and one of the “ chef hats” they wear.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh, they are real!
    4 AM, Sunrise Highway in LI, NY.....serving burgers 24 hours since the 70s for me![quoted image]

Is that the one in Massapequa?

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Same, same ! Anytime I travel, White Castle is my first stop, I even tell my clients they come second after this junk food monument. I would kill to have one out here, maybe we should consider opening one together. (and be our own place only clients !)

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

It is very real! They are still family owned and not a franchise, which is a big part of the allure and popularity of the place. They are only in something like 13 States, so they are a rare fast food joint that many people only heard stories about. If White Castle was as prevalent as McDonald's, it wouldn't be anything special. I appreciate how the Ingram family runs their business. Many of them actually put in shifts at the restaurants, including the CEO!

We have White Castles all over the place here in Indy....I love 'em

#44 5 years ago

Haaaaaapy Friday yo!

1534557590113731563152686935720 (resized).jpg1534557590113731563152686935720 (resized).jpg
    #45 5 years ago

I miss White Castle. Another fine food item from my Chicago past that's not available in the Pac NW.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I miss White Castle. Another fine food item from my Chicago past that's not available in the Pac NW.

On our many Chicago trips, My dad & I would usually eat at the one near Williams on W. Addison & Elston. Watched the old industrial building across the street disappear and become a mall with a Monkey Wards that eventually closed and now is a Target...

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Is that the one in Massapequa?

Hell Yes! Is it still there?

We wit hit that place after a night in Manhattan, or clubbing in the Area.
    It was packed at that hour.....red eyes and munchies....

I had not had a burger in 30 years, until my daughter moved near one in Nashville,
    and I could smell it when the wind blew right.

Sorry, it lost something in tatste, or I got too old.

#48 5 years ago

There were 2 of them in walking distance from me, and 1 2 blocks away from my job. All of them closed. I grew up a few blocks away from a WC, and my mother worked there. These things are just f'ing awesome! I'm craving them now. Frozen ones suck.

This was my last visit to a WC over a year ago!

IMG_2659.JPGIMG_2659.JPG
    #49 5 years ago

White Castle with my best bud in the 80's...or 70's!

IMG_3918 (resized).JPGIMG_3918 (resized).JPG
    #50 5 years ago

Sliders are a unique food stuff.

No matter how many you eat. No matter what else you all eat. Sliders come out first.

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-castle-pinball?hl=kevindrives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.