Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2443 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2733 (resized).jpeg
M74A9686 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

M74A9686 (resized).jpgM74A9686 (resized).jpg

First Kits have been shipped, so it is time to start an Owner's thread.

Lots of News, Infos, Software Updates will be posted here.

We would love to hear your feedback, suggestions, bug reports, or any detailed questions on the Pedretti Upgrade Kit.

I am an early Beta tester together with UVAJED and perry1670 . We are tracking all of our test results in huge to-do lists and we aim for adding your feedback likewise from the customers perspective.

If you are a follower of the first Pedretti Upgrade Kit, Funhouse 2.0 Rudy's Nightmare (add Link) you already know what kind of dedication and service level you can expect.

Promo-Trailer:

Installation Video-Guide:

Gameplay:

Official Homepage https://www.pinballremakes.com/
- Software Updates: https://www.pinballremakes.com/downloads/
- Support Ticket: https://pedrettigaming.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
- How-To / FAQ: https://www.pinballremakes.com/how-to/

#2 1 year ago

2nd Post reserved for useful information

Added 10 months ago: Review Video by Cary Hardy:

Unboxing by Cary Hardy:

Installation How-To by Cary Hardy:

#3 1 year ago

I see it is based on the FAST pinball system. I would like to know how they intend the boards to be installed.

1 week later
#4 1 year ago

Feedback ramblings:

The final score(s) never repeat(s) once game is over as far as I can see. It is shown once right at game end on the speedometer graphic and then high scores and an “Attract Video”, over and over, but no last game score(s).

An “Outro Song” would be nice, like on most games after game over, even if it’s just the theme song… I find the silence jarring and it makes things feel unfinished … I also feel the same on FH 2.0.

Let people know how to adjust the volume in the install instructions.

The compass on the playfield seems to have no value in the game now except a light show. I’d like to see this integrated into game play … perhaps once the directional insert shots (“N”, “SW”, etc) are made outside of a cellar mode, the compass lights fill in and then once you get them all you qualify for something. Yes, this is somewhat like the original game, but let’s face it, there is a huge compass on the pf with inserts that correspond to shots. It needs to be used.

The “Run Chicken Run” mode in my opinion needs no skill at all as it stands. Maybe you can make half the directional targets be what makes it go forward … like N to SE, and if you hit targets/shots on the left from S to NW, the chicken runs backwards… sort of like the train in Cactus… we would need more time allowed to complete this mode though. But just bashing the flippers is pretty lame. No skill needed.

And then, my opinion on the 5g Zombies mode would be that the mode requires clairvoyance in that the targets stay lit for so little time, it is impossible to complete with skill, it requires chance… no skill involved! It’s not a bad idea to blink an insert to direct a shot for an award, but give the player some time to hit it, changing the shot every 3 or 4 seconds is a set-up to make this mode totally random, and there is enough randomness in this game with the wheels that dump the ball down the drain.

I don’t care that the many animations/modes have nothing to do with weather, as has been noted in another post, though it would be nice if they did… but what on earth is “Pedretti Loves You” … what does that get me? I must be missing something. (Left cellar award).

Need an instructions card, please.

How do I qualify to light Lock? I have gotten the multi ball several times but not sure what qualified me to light lock.

I am not bashing this game. The graphics/art are nice and the music and efx are good too, but the voice callouts of the narrator are too low in the mix with the music and efx, the narrator callouts need to be turned up.

Again, not bashing the game, really… but paying high dollar for a kit and then getting it so unfinished is really a bit annoying even in this era of “The Great Pinball Cash Grab”. Please don’t drag your feet on fixing this game… it’s off to a great start.

And one more thing, the original game within the Pedretti kit has bugs I can’t even describe… the game gets stuck at times and it’s difficult to say what stuck it… I have a buddy who reports the same thing. Bugs exist, I hope these get cleared up soon.

Thanks for reading.

#5 1 year ago

I agree how can you sell a game and not have game play instructions on the site you list for information and install?

1 week later
#6 1 year ago

Hello,
Installed the kit today. The instructions were clear and easy to understand.

When I start up Total Chaos it plays fine.
When I start up classic Whirlwind it does not have sound? Did I miss a step or would this be a software bug? Sound is fine on start up and during Total Chaos.

Thanks
Dave

#7 1 year ago

sounds like i need to hold on to my money for awhile longer until fixes are made.

#8 1 year ago

The game is so good on its own. Why bother?

#9 1 year ago

Update- I got the volume to work. There are two volume options for each game. Each is adjusted separately.

Has anyone figured out how to access the Total Chaos game menu? I feel like it should be obvious but haven’t stumbled across it. The coin door buttons only work in the classic mode.

Dave

#10 1 year ago

Pedretti customer support is great to deal with.
Got all the issues taken care of.
All issues went back to a diode that broke free on one end at the coin door switch.
All is well and I appreciate their support.
Game is very approachable and my non-pinball friends especially love it.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from ShrinerDave:

Pedretti customer support is great to deal with.
Got all the issues taken care of.
All issues went back to a diode that broke free on one end at the coin door switch.
All is well and I appreciate their support.
Game is very approachable and my non-pinball friends especially love it.

Thanks! We appreciate your feedback!

3 weeks later
#12 12 months ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I see it is based on the FAST pinball system. I would like to know how they intend the boards to be installed.

Theres an installation video in the first post. Written instructions can be downloaded here: https://www.pinballremakes.com/how-to/

#13 12 months ago
Quoted from pinballnut:

Feedback ramblings:
The final score(s) never repeat(s) once game is over as far as I can see. It is shown once right at game end on the speedometer graphic and then high scores and an “Attract Video”, over and over, but no last game score(s).

true, that is to be polished, should be fixed soon

Quoted from pinballnut:

An “Outro Song” would be nice, like on most games after game over, even if it’s just the theme song… I find the silence jarring and it makes things feel unfinished … I also feel the same on FH 2.0.

good point, i put it on the list

Quoted from pinballnut:

Let people know how to adjust the volume in the install instructions.

you are right, or better so in a proper game manual. Its coming, this just takes some time. The idea is to adjust 1.0 game volume via the old volume potentiometer inside the cab. 2.0 volume is changed with flipper buttons when menu is open

Quoted from pinballnut:

The compass on the playfield seems to have no value in the game now except a light show. I’d like to see this integrated into game play … perhaps once the directional insert shots (“N”, “SW”, etc) are made outside of a cellar mode, the compass lights fill in and then once you get them all you qualify for something. Yes, this is somewhat like the original game, but let’s face it, there is a huge compass on the pf with inserts that correspond to shots. It needs to be used.

valid point, there are some ideas there, and i attached your comment to this.

Quoted from pinballnut:

The “Run Chicken Run” mode in my opinion needs no skill at all as it stands. Maybe you can make half the directional targets be what makes it go forward … like N to SE, and if you hit targets/shots on the left from S to NW, the chicken runs backwards… sort of like the train in Cactus… we would need more time allowed to complete this mode though. But just bashing the flippers is pretty lame. No skill needed.

changes have been made in the code already, let us know what you think...

Quoted from pinballnut:

And then, my opinion on the 5g Zombies mode would be that the mode requires clairvoyance in that the targets stay lit for so little time, it is impossible to complete with skill, it requires chance… no skill involved! It’s not a bad idea to blink an insert to direct a shot for an award, but give the player some time to hit it, changing the shot every 3 or 4 seconds is a set-up to make this mode totally random, and there is enough randomness in this game with the wheels that dump the ball down the drain.

i like that mode for the roving lights challenge, and i opted to make it change faster . the idea is to make this an adjustment in the menu!

Quoted from pinballnut:

I don’t care that the many animations/modes have nothing to do with weather, as has been noted in another post, though it would be nice if they did… but what on earth is “Pedretti Loves You” … what does that get me? I must be missing something. (Left cellar award).

love is all you get, isnt this the best award of all?

Quoted from pinballnut:

Need an instructions card, please.

definitely, me too

Quoted from pinballnut:

How do I qualify to light Lock? I have gotten the multi ball several times but not sure what qualified me to light lock.

locks are qualified by shooting the drop targets to spell "Whirlwind"

Quoted from pinballnut:

I am not bashing this game. The graphics/art are nice and the music and efx are good too, but the voice callouts of the narrator are too low in the mix with the music and efx, the narrator callouts need to be turned up.
Again, not bashing the game, really… but paying high dollar for a kit and then getting it so unfinished is really a bit annoying even in this era of “The Great Pinball Cash Grab”. Please don’t drag your feet on fixing this game… it’s off to a great start.
And one more thing, the original game within the Pedretti kit has bugs I can’t even describe… the game gets stuck at times and it’s difficult to say what stuck it… I have a buddy who reports the same thing. Bugs exist, I hope these get cleared up soon.
Thanks for reading.

This post is really great feedback. Thank you for taking the time to put everything together, and your honest feedback is very much appreciated! There will be again lots of improvements because of user feedback like this.

1.0 original game should really work without any hickups in the latest code already! please make sure you are using the latest code. All sound and game issues were fixed there. please open a service ticket (link in the first post) if it is still not working right for you!

2 months later
#14 9 months ago

Code .70 was released and I installed it last night. Nothing but glitches so far.

After installing, the first choice was to see if the original game changed at all. Doesn’t seem any different but some new Pedretti music was playing over top of the Whirlwind music. That was corrected after a power off and on.

Total Chaos game one: first cellar visit was to see if Run Chicken was any different. Music started, no video was shown. I hit each flipper one time and was awarded a successful completion. Next visit was Scary Boyz. No ball was put into the shooter lane. After a moment a message appeared on the screen indicating a trough error and the cellar ball was put into play. Once it drained there was nothing that could be done. I tried holding start and beginning a new game. Trough was not working at all now.

To check if this was somehow a hardware error, I powered off and on and started a game of original Whirlwind. It played fine.

Total Chaos game two: first cellar visit was Scary Boyz and the exact problem I had repeated itself and so I turned the game off for the night.

Very frustrating.

#15 9 months ago

Installed 0.70 code over the weekend and also saw glitches. Emailed Pedretti Gaming and they sent me new firmware that they said should solve the issue. Apparently there are some boards out there (like mine) with older firmware that needs to be updated for the new code to work properly. I installed my kit in early July. They are also going to update the instructions in case anyone else has older firmware.

#16 9 months ago
Quoted from clkmn1:

Installed 0.70 code over the weekend and also saw glitches. Emailed Pedretti Gaming and they sent me new firmware that they said should solve the issue. Apparently there are some boards out there (like mine) with older firmware that needs to be updated for the new code to work properly. I installed my kit in early July. They are also going to update the instructions in case anyone else has older firmware.

I have also communicated with them but haven’t made time to try the FAST board firmware update. I will post results once I do. Hoping to enjoy this new updated code!

#17 9 months ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

I have also communicated with them but haven’t made time to try the FAST board firmware update. I will post results once I do. Hoping to enjoy this new updated code!

I did the firmware update yesterday. I updated to 0.70 again, started a game, and then powered off. Took the flash drive out and back to the computer and copied the firmware update file to it. Reinstalled flash drive and the firmware update started and when it was done I had to press the program button on the FAST cpu. All has been good after that. Enjoying the new code!

#18 9 months ago

Updating the FAST CPU gave me this error and then nothing works

IMG_2733 (resized).jpegIMG_2733 (resized).jpeg
#19 9 months ago

I was guided to re-install the FAST firmware and then the game software code again and in doing so the game worked again.

1 month later
#20 7 months ago

So it sounds like this is a PITA.

#21 7 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

So it sounds like this is a PITA.

I will say, since updating the firmware on the FAST board and figuring which of my switches was stuck (and using super lube on the spinner) Total Chaos has been working fine.

2 months later
#22 5 months ago

Does anyone have an instruction card for the apron? The graphic. I can print it myself if so. Please help.

3 weeks later
#23 5 months ago

Will Pinside consider this (and other 2.0 upgrades) a "new" machine with its own identity (Whirlwind Total Chaos) or will it remain good old "Whirlwind"?

#24 5 months ago
Quoted from Billymac11:

Will Pinside consider this (and other 2.0 upgrades) a "new" machine with its own identity (Whirlwind Total Chaos) or will it remain good old "Whirlwind"?

I think they should be separate. Almost like Pinbot and Jackbot

#25 5 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think they should be separate. Almost like Pinbot and Jackbot

That's what I was thinking. Same layout, but new game.

#26 5 months ago

Where can I buy the kit in the us?

2 months later
#27 70 days ago

Was going to do a PF swap and install a 2.0 kit so I thought what the heck and got these decals from Retrorefurbs. Just hope Cointaker gets me my kit soon.. it’s been 6 months.

IMG_2443 (resized).jpegIMG_2443 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#28 22 days ago

Just installed my 2.0 kit... Was a pain as there was an issue with the Fast board from the factory... But eventually they got it taken care of an back to me. My question is, is there not an attract on this game? When it is playing the intro video to 2.0 it is silence. Also, the voice audio seems a lot quieter than the effects? Is that normal?

I did see the post about the outro music... Seemed very odd to just go to silence... Felt unfinished. Kinda bummed that the wheels and the fan is not leveraged more, such a big part of this game in general.

Seems like there has to be an update on the way hopefully.

#29 21 days ago

As a follow up to my previous post, I talked with Shawn @ Pedretti, he has been a solid guy to deal with. He got me in touch with the programmer about the sound quality problem with the call outs. I was told that we can use the PinSound Studio to adjust all the gain, etc on the tracks or even modify them. Where in I think that is cool, it seems that it would be nice if that was something that was done on the side of Pedretti. There has been several posts here about this issue and seems that there is a decent amount of interest to have those adjusted.

Also, I did mention the no sound for an attract mode. They have that great video (with a voice over) that they used in the promo, it would be nice if that could be added to the video in the pin. I know it would not be perfect but would be something. Also ANY sound track at the end of a game (even if it was only the theme music) would be great. As I like the kit, it really feels unfinished in terms of the audio. Personally I think the audio in a game cane make or break a great title. Being an owner of an IM the call outs, music, effects are all amazing. Games wiht out a high level of this seems to be at risk of failure.

Great game, good graphics, just polish it up with a more inclusive sound overlay and it could be a great 2.0 kit. But until that is done, I would suggest holding off on a purchase. Just my 2cent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
High Point, NC
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.