(Topic ID: 262695)

Whirlwind..where does this ground strap go?

By Bc3

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Bc3
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190804_181702 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
D87E3735-C2A2-4874-AAA8-7B262A51A3AE (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

This game is new to me and has more than one hack..including, it not limited to the use of duct tape, foil tape, rubber bands and extension cords.

This ground braid was laying down in an area that i can’t easily see. I can tell it’s been yanked off a mount at some point and then screwed through to i don’t know where. Note the washer, nut and bolt ..that can’t be factory.

I am having issues with the cellar coil not firing and possibly others inop.

Any help appreciated and a pic of the mount point would certainly help too

Thanks!

D87E3735-C2A2-4874-AAA8-7B262A51A3AE (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 3 months ago

I'd assume that's supposed to go up the to braid at the base of the head...

Won't affect your coil issue though

#3 3 months ago

Is the washer nut bolt and solder a hack ? Any chance of a mount pic if you have the game ?

#4 3 months ago

the washer nut/bolt is a hack.

Do you have a stud in the backbox with a wingnut on it? I believe that's the point of ground transfer from the cabinet to the backbox.

IMG_20190804_181702 (resized).jpg
#5 3 months ago

Mine does have the stud and wing nut. The stud is bent over on angle so that’s got to be where it ripped off of. What’s throwing me is that the patch braid had originally an eyelet and then they just poked a hole in it. The overall repaired length must be too short and perhaps the braid pulled off when lowering the head. I do have a buzz through the speakers - maybe the disconnected ground is the cause?

#6 3 months ago

I would be curious to see how that braid runs down into the cabinet. Your braid is all one piece so how would you disconnect that If you had to pull the head?

#7 3 months ago

I may have already disconnected it at that point. I was looking though all of my pictures from my restoration, and this was the only pic that I could find that area of the head. The machine is at my dad's house, so I don't readily have access to it.

#8 3 months ago

Ok thanks !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
3,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester , PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside