• Latest reply 13 years ago by pintastic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0714.jpg

#1 13 years ago

I have a 1990 whirlwind and it won't power up when you turn it on. Had a party last night and daughter stated the teenage boys were hitting the machine. Now no workey! Where do i start? THX

#2 13 years ago

Check to be sure it's still plugged in. If so, you will have to lift the play field and check the fusses, wires coming in the cabinet, wires attached to the switch so on and so on...

#3 13 years ago

Hopefully it's juat a fuse, check all those first. Located in the Cabinet/behind backglass/underplayfield Then like jrrdw said check the wires going to the power switch and possibly the main fuse there too, you never know you could have had a power surge, or someone spilled some "pop" on the glass and it went inside and shorted something.

Once you look in the back cabinet look for anything on the circuit boards that looks burned or black from possibly a catastrophic failure of something. Hopefully not.

Unfortunately it could be alot of other things too, but at least these are the easiest to check.

Always replace blown fuses with the proper rated ones that the manual asks for. If you are not sure, just ask.

And personally I would kill anyone that "hits" my pinball machines.

#4 13 years ago

Thx jrrdw. The power cord box had a fuse that was blown. The box says to use a 250v 4 amp SLO-BLO fuse. Would I be able to find this at RADIO SHACK?

#5 13 years ago

You could possibly get it at radio shack, They usually have them in stock. If not a stereo repair shop or electronics supplier should/will have them.

Good luck

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6 13 years ago

thx for the prompt responce erak & jrrdw. PS It's hard to supervise a bunch of teenager at a party. Some kids need a swift kick in the A##!

#7 13 years ago

Radio shack sells them.

#8 13 years ago

Welcome to our group whirlwind. See that we have lots of knowledgeable people who love to help ?

If you are in a pinch you can use a normal 4 amp fuse that isn't slow blow temporarily. Just never go up in value on a fuse or do like some and improvise.

#9 13 years ago

Whirlwind Wrote: Some kids need a swift kick in the A##!

Some kids? More like most of them LoL!

Congrats on a quick fix...

#10 13 years ago

Enough said.

100_0714.jpg100_0714.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-won-t-turn-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.