Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-2.jpg
222178-i.jpg
120075-i.jpg
conan.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I have a Whirlwind that been rated 7 out of 10 with LED lights. everything works great. My ? is would it both a wise idea to trade (st8 up) my WW for a Fireball Classic I think 1984? that is in just as or better condition then my WW. I love both machines I have had my WW for about 6 years still play it a couple of times a week. Fireball was one of my favorites also. thinking of keeping my WW but it would be nice to have something different that I enjoy!

Your thoughts

Thanks
Jeff

#4 8 years ago

DONT DO IT

#6 8 years ago

No. WW is best in life, so says Conan.

conan.jpgconan.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Sorry about the double postings I am trying to figure out how this fourm works

#8 8 years ago

Na. I have an FBC and it is a cool game. But for value and longevity the WW wins.

I do love the Sys-11 games.

#9 8 years ago

I wouldn't trade it (personally), but it sounds like you should. You've had WW for several years & enjoy Fireball just as much. I say trade.

#10 8 years ago

I am going to go play the Fireball and see if I get that same feeling. I have heard the WW is a Pin I should keep as long as I can one of the "better" pins?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigj:

I am going to go play the Fireball and see if I get that same feeling. I have heard the WW is a Pin I should keep as long as I can one of the "better" pins?

I don't mind the trade, but I do not think it is an even trade. If you have had your fun with WW and really like fireball, get it. Just try and get money along with the trade.

#12 8 years ago

I'm going with a definite no on this one. Just from a financial stand point this trade makes no sense. Whirlwind is a $2000 game in good condition. Fireball cant be more than a grand can it?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigj:

I am going to go play the Fireball and see if I get that same feeling.

Fireball Classic is NOT Fireball. Remember that. If it was a Fireball 1972 the trade would be a no-brainer.

#14 8 years ago

That is a good point the original fireball would be a comparable trade if you were in to EMs. I like them just fine but I know some on here do not care for them as much. Of course the same goes for SS and DMD games as well.

Being that it is a fireball classic v. a Whirlwind I think unless you absolutely LOVE Fireball classic, and the guy is kicking in a grand, there is no way you trade. Just save up some cash and buy one.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

if you were in to EMs. I like them just fine but I know some on here do not care for them as much.

Same could be said the other way around. That being said, EM Fireball helped lay the foundation for many of the games people play today.

#16 8 years ago

Very bad idea....unless I'm on the receiving end of that trade!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Same could be said the other way around. That being said, EM Fireball helped lay the foundation for all the games people play today.

Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Of course the same goes for SS and DMD games as well.

I was feeling you on that statement.

#18 8 years ago

I do not have a WW but I play it every chance I can. I would keep the WW.

#19 8 years ago

Let me put it this way. I had this Fireball Classic for a couple of weeks and I would have gladly traded it for a decent Whirlwind as I think WW is a much better game.

120075-i.jpg120075-i.jpg

But this one? It would take more than a WW to pry it out of my hands. In fact it might take several machines to make that happen. And truth is anything can happen...

222178-i.jpg222178-i.jpg

#20 8 years ago

A real fireball is about the same price to a bit more than whirlwind and is a great straight up trade for you. A fireball classic is a no way.

#21 8 years ago

Thanks guys I have learned something here!

Thanks
Jeff

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigj:

Thanks guys I have learned something here!

It never hurts to ask or you might have ended up with this.

image-2.jpgimage-2.jpg

#23 8 years ago

I just got a Fireball Classic, and WOW... I liked the original, but just not the zipper flippers, felt like I was just swatting flies. The classic has the control of the regular flippers, and added rules. I have been GLUED to this machine since getting it, everything happens so fast, and the rules are amazing.

The disk in WW and Twister is flat, but with Fireball it has a tread, which really grabs the ball and makes it insanely unpredictable, and insanely fun. WW is a good game for sure, but don't discount Fireball Classic. This may be my favorite early SS and older machine.

#24 8 years ago

WW is one of the all time top-rated games - and one of Pat Lawlor's best.

I wouldn't.

#25 8 years ago

Whirlwind is one of the best games ever. Fireball classic is an inferior sequel of one of the best games ever....

#26 8 years ago

It seems to me that the OP has had his fun with his WW. No doubt WW is amazing, but sometimes people finally have had enough on a game. Not saying this trade would be good, but I don't think everyone is considering the fact that he might be ready for a different game.

#27 8 years ago

Everyone is considering that he doesn't deserve to get burned.

#28 8 years ago

What if the trade was for a fireball classic and $1,000? You wouldn't do that? I would in a second.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What if the trade was for a Fireball Classic and $1,000? You wouldn't do that? I would in a second.

I guess it depends on condition of both. That Fireball Classic pictured above was as nice as they come. I took it to the auction and it was one of the best condition games there and $1600 was all it could fetch. Nobody really seemed that enthused about it.

#30 8 years ago

Agreed. I wouldn't do this trade unless there was money kicked in too, just seems like the OP wants to make a change, although he might be better to wait on a different opportunity.

#31 8 years ago

I might have just kept it if it hadn't been such a bastardized version of the real classic Fireball. Lack of zipper flippers was the main downer. But it was fun to play for a couple of days. It did have a slightly harder skill shot.

#32 8 years ago

if u look up bad ideas.. this should be there in that list.
there is no way that this trade is even , not by a long shot.. u would be shooting urself if u do this.

whirlwind is the best system 11 game to many and a great game. dont let the lust for a new pin get u into shooting urself in the foot.

#33 8 years ago

If you want to change that bad just sell the whirlwind for $2K and buy a players fireball classic for $800.

#34 8 years ago

I will be keeping my WW thanks guys

#35 8 years ago

There's always Fireball II.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigj:

I will be keeping my WW thanks guys

Great, now you can have a 2nd Machine added to the collection, Fireball classic.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I might have just kept it if it hadn't been such a bastardized version of the real classic Fireball. Lack of zipper flippers was the main downer. But it was fun to play for a couple of days. It did have a slightly harder skill shot.

You may not have liked it, but many think it's much better than the original. The original was ground breaking at the time, and the classic adds better rules, choice of sounds or chime, bonus and multiball multipliers, and other upgrades.

Many believed this game would be much better with full sized flipper, hence why it was made. I think it is superior without a doubt, but everyone has their preference. But it's hard to love the original and run the classic into the ground as much as you are, there is no reason for it. It's a great machine.

This isn't the home version for god sakes...

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

choice of sounds or chime

How do you change this?

Found it, thanks (option 18 sound)!!

#39 8 years ago

you guys have VERY good insite Thanks Another ? I have what about WW vs Taxi? I would love to get a fun house but they are very hard to come by

#40 8 years ago

WWind is a better game and worth a little more than Taxi but they are in the same ballpark.

And some people really love Taxi, I just find that one a little too claustrophobic for me.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

choice of sounds or chime

Well the original Fireball has bells. So there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monterey, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 199.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-vs-fireball-classic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.