Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by Sebfrom
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonylo909.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi,

I just got done showing some love to my Whirlwind by installing a new CPR play field, plastics, ramps, CPR back glass and had new decals installed on the cabinet. Everything seems to be working fine with one minor annoyance. During game play, any time I use the left or right flippers, 3 of the flashers on the left ramp, and both of the 100K insert flashers fire. The flashers do not stay on with the flipper button press, just a quick pulse. I am using LED flashers. The flashers still fire when they are supposed to. I've had the machine together for 3 days and I believe this issue just popped up today. I think I would have noticed it sooner had it been doing this from the get go. I'm inclined to think it is a ground problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You can't use LED flashers in all parts of System 11 games...no problem with your machine, just the way it's designed. Take out the offending flashers and put the old ones back in...either that, or read about how to add resistors to make the issue go away.
Good luck!

I will reinstall the original flasher bulbs tomorrow and report back with the results, thank you!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It will work...you've just encountered a system 11 issue. If you throw-up a post about modifying to keep it from happening, someone will come on and tell you what to do to keep it happening.

You are correct! I replaced the LED flashers with stock bulbs and everything is normal now. The stock bulbs actually seem brighter than the LEDs!

Thanks again for your input!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

super easy fix
Just need to remove 4 diodes and add 4 diodes.
Remove diodes D3, D4, D6 and D7 from the aux driver board.
Then add diodes to coils 3, 4, 6 and 7. Banded side towards voltage input. Usually poppers, drop target resets and the knocker.

Thanks for the info!

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Now you get to mark this "[x] resolved." up top...
-mof

Done!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonylo909.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-using-flippers-causes-flashers-to-fire?tu=tonylo909 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.