Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by tommyp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

So I just had some repairs done to my Whirlwind by Clive as well as locally. Mainboard got all crispy due to some diode's frying on the aux power board. Game's back together, plays fine, but I noticed that when the super cellar door 500k is lit, extra ball on target is lighting as well. It never used to do that. Is it something i can "undo" in game settings so only one lights as before? Every other value from what I can tell doesn't "double light" - it's only 500k lighting with the extra ball on target. Any help would be greatly appreciated - it never did that before.

Thanks!
Tom

#2 9 years ago

Are you being awarded both a lit EB and the 500k?

#3 9 years ago

You could go into lamp test and step through what is supposed to be lit. If they are reversed then it becomes a small repair.

#4 9 years ago

Nope - it's either the EB or the 500, never both. Which is "actually lit" however is anyones guess.

#5 9 years ago

Go into lamp test and see if both light simultaneously. It could simply be a drop of solder on the board making contact between the two header pins.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the idea - i'll give that a whirl. Wife is telling me we have things to do..so i'll have to mess w/it in a bit.

#7 9 years ago

Lamp test when on the 500 both flash, when on the extra ball, both flash. Extra piece of solder somewhere unwanted?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-super-cellar-door-value-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.