• Latest reply 1 year ago by Jmckune
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

25668361-923B-47FD-AA0A-CD1C30B7B8D8 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Let me start off by saying I’m newb to fixing. I was having trouble with the spinners not working well. I read on pinside it could be from a cold solder joint so I did my first attempt at reflowing the solder at the leads and then I took the spinners off and cleaned them. It now spins but with a lot of noise. It also seems to have created another problem in that all the directional arrows are lit up. The compass is showing the correct ones to go after but all the arrows are lit. Looking for some help.

#2 1 year ago

Ok so the lamps and switches are controlled separately from each other. If I understand correctly, the lights on the main compass are functioning correctly, and the lighted arrows directly in front of the targets are the ones malfunctioning? If this is the case they should be individual light sockets and not on a PCB board. Look and see if one of the diodes have broken off that could cause the lamp matrix to light things that aren’t supposed to be lit.

#3 1 year ago

A pic to be clear. Only the NW and NE lights should be on but the target arrows are all on. I looked at each diode on each lamp and not seeing a broken one. If I’m understanding that right.

25668361-923B-47FD-AA0A-CD1C30B7B8D8 (resized).jpeg
#4 1 year ago

Ok so if there are no diodes broken, check along the yellow/orange wire to see if anything is wired differently or anything touching a lamp socket that shouldn’t be If nothing is out of place, test to see if the Q62 transistor is shorted.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside