Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by thompso9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Anyone know what rom is the one for the speech. In the main music test mode i get
"Main Theme"
"Multiball Lit"
"Multiball Theme"
"Millions plus"
They all work fine. The "Speech" one does not work at all.
All the other sounds work fine. Im missing the one like The storm is coming return to your home. The storm is over, all clear.

#2 11 years ago

Anyone?

#3 11 years ago

Speech isn't just on one ROM

U4 is the 'sound' ROM
U19, U20, U21 and U22 are the 'speech' ROMS

#4 11 years ago

I have all the other speech sounds. Like the old guy in the cellar, the woman who says looks like rain. I'm just trying to narrow it down to one or two roms. I can not imagine that they are all bad. I don't have a burner to make new ones either.

#5 11 years ago

Then order a set from John and swap them out one at a time until you find the bad one, if there is a bad one.

There's no documentation that I'm aware of that lists what sound comes from which ROM.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#6 11 years ago

Maybe you could pull them one at a time, to see which ones are making speech calls?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from marlboroa:

I have all the other speech sounds. Like the old guy in the cellar, the woman who says looks like rain. I'm just trying to narrow it down to one or two roms. I can not imagine that they are all bad. I don't have a burner to make new ones either.

If you have music and some speech I'd suspect the audio board is fine, leaving only the CPU sound circuitry to question. This is because some sounds come from the CPU, and the music and some sounds come from the audio board. The two are mixed on the audio board. Make sure you have a connection from CPU J16 to audio board J1. It should be 1 pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, and pin 4 to pin 4.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-speech-rom-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.