• Latest reply 11 years ago by Cathaldub
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P8220027.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I have voice calls but do not have any background music. Ive reseated all the chips, connectors and ribbion cable. I have replaced all the radial capacitors. What else can i check and how. As far as testing stuff i have a DMM. that about it. heres a video of what it does.

#2 11 years ago

I think that test is only speech? Been a while since I had a system 11...

#3 11 years ago

if you watch the video none of the 5 music ones work. Then i test 7 or 8 of the call outs and they all work fine. oh and pushing the test button on the cpu makes 2 tones.

#4 11 years ago

2 tones means U21 Rom failure

#5 11 years ago

I swear 2 tones was normal on the cpu. It doesnt make any beeps on startup only if i push the button on the cpu. time for some more videos

#6 11 years ago

first one is me pushing the test button on the cpu. Anyone with a whirlwind want to verify that this is what its supposed to do?

This is all i get when playing a game

#7 11 years ago

ok i changed out the sound board and used all my socketed stuff and i have all the sounds now. so my issue is somewhere on the sound board. I would try to compare the componets on each board but they are different. the non working one is the one with alot more componet parts on it. since the one with fewer componets works just fine on it then why would they change the design so much on it? Oh and what should i look at now?

P8220027.JPGP8220027.JPG

5 months later
#8 11 years ago

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
I'm having the same issue, but musically comes on occasionally when you lock a ball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-sound-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.