storm blasters graphic promo (resized).png
Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 16.29.34 (resized).png
ww complete (resized).jpg
ww panel (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 13.14.11 (resized).png
20210913_221400 (resized).jpg
3B13B7D6-A291-4845-8529-4A8E49D0C866 (resized).jpeg
926E2116-B51B-4E99-8795-9FDFBE5680BC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 8 years ago

Any news on this project ... I have a fully rebuild WhiWi just missing that great piece of software !

4 years later
#175 4 years ago

Our Whirlwind is the keeper in the house, many pins came and went out. Highprice pins like MM, LOTR, WOZ, BKSOR, etc, pp ... all went out some day expect: Whirlwind.
It is now for over 15 years in the gameromm, therefor ... I will be in in this great project !!

Maybe Chris Grannar is willing to do the sounds in stereo ...

8 months later
#249 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Thanks for the kind words ! I try my best

Yes you do ! It is great !
But maybe time to sell the hardware and get some testers who might feed you with comments
I would take part for the german tests

Looking really forward, WhiWi is the oldest gamne in my collection, all Wpc95 and many Stern went in and out .. but WhiWi is a keeper for over 15 years now.

4 weeks later
#258 3 years ago

I am still waiting for my invitation to become a beta-tester !

Still ... great work !

2 months later
#338 3 years ago

Yes, seems to be this mechanismen .. all other autoballauncher would need to remove the manual plunger and it seems that this will stay in the game.

I am prepared ....

IMG_0489 (resized).JPEGIMG_0489 (resized).JPEG
3 weeks later
#359 2 years ago

Mhh .. from Europe to GB is no charge, only maybe a bad exchange rate but no fees.

3 weeks later
#375 2 years ago

First panels are ready.
It makes no sense sending them to the USA due the high shipping costs, same for outside EU.
If someone is intrested let me know.

IMG_1214 (resized).JPEGIMG_1214 (resized).JPEGIMG_1215 (resized).JPEGIMG_1215 (resized).JPEGIMG_1216 (resized).JPEGIMG_1216 (resized).JPEGIMG_1230 (resized).JPEGIMG_1230 (resized).JPEG
3 months later
#384 2 years ago

applejuice
looking forwar for the next update ! Looks great !
Please extend all ballsearches.

This is more than a "mod" ! It is a very huge project, all respect for Jim for programming this and the board layout.
What we need is a "sound guy" who is able to reorchester all the sounds in stereo or higher definition. Jim´s board is able to play stereo and a small amplifier can added easylie. But with the original mono sounds its not on level from the rest of the rewrite project.

Twister had also a nice idea ... why dont remove the 3 discs on a test playfield and add 3 magnets like on TAF ... very good idea and I will get a trashed playfield within the next month to think about a new layout in the middle part instead the 3 discs. there are many many many options.
The installed autoplunger itself is a hughe improvisation. Great ! WhiWi, TAF and ToTAN are for me the pins where I missed a autolauncher to get the multiballs recovered a specific time period. Also the ballsafe is a great thing. I miss this on TAF.

Looking forward for this ongoing adventure !
So far my system runs stable, my LED panels are not perfect , missing maybe some shilding from interferences.
Software is on a good way. Some games are fully playable, latest on the second multiball it becomes buggy. But .. we are in a beta stadium. I know this from my TBL very well and also the first software on Alien was not playable at all.

However ... a great project I am happy to be part.

7 months later
#415 2 years ago

Very cool .. it is going on !

Which are the best display panels ? Mine are horrible.

IMG_3823 (resized).JPEGIMG_3823 (resized).JPEGIMG_3825 (resized).JPEGIMG_3825 (resized).JPEG
1 year later
#461 11 months ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

WW 2.0 just announced doesn't have an auto launcher

I think they will do it like in FH 2.0 : Cutting the knocker and using this solenoid driver to connect the autofire.
WW 2.0 looks much more professionel, a large team is working on Pedrettis enhancements. The sound and graphics are stunning. BUT YES: This has nothing to do with WhiWi ... also on the video the voice from FH Rudy is wrong on that place.

I had Stormblaster and FH 2.0 in the past but both were sold after a while. The original still rulezzz for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-software-rewrite-the-journey?tu=tomdk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.