storm blasters graphic promo (resized).png
Screenshot 2022-01-30 at 16.29.34 (resized).png
ww complete (resized).jpg
ww panel (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 13.14.11 (resized).png
20210913_221400 (resized).jpg
3B13B7D6-A291-4845-8529-4A8E49D0C866 (resized).jpeg
926E2116-B51B-4E99-8795-9FDFBE5680BC (resized).jpeg
There are 467 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 2 years ago

Registering interest in a DIY kit please.

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I'm on board.
All of the components are through hole, right?

Yes, all the parts you will need to buy and install will be through hole ones. This is how i design and make all my boards. I avoid smd parts wherever possible!

Thanks for the support and replies from everyone. I will be sending invoices over shortly.

To answer a few other things. I have made a few other products available in this way and all has worked out fine so i will keep this an option if everything works out ok. It will be great to see other like minded people putting these kits together and enjoying the upgrades. The boards are not that complicated to assemble if you take your time and split them up into sections etc. It will be up to the individual to assemble it correctly and test/check their work. I will be available via email for support. The warranty supplied for the kit will be just for the raw parts sent, as i cannot guarantee the assembly. Just common sense really. There may be an option later to make a test controller ic to check the board after assembly, but i will decide on this later.

I will be setting up a private dropbox area which i will place all the raw files and support docs etc. Anyone who purchases a barebones kit will be given access to this area. This will also include the design files and graphic files for my dmd cover plastics and wood panel. I ask people not to share these openly though and only use them for their personal game. If someone wants to resell these plastics later then i can discuss this separately.

#353 2 years ago

Im definitely in for one of the DIY kits. Im so excited to get this in my Whirlwind

#354 2 years ago

Are there any other Aussie's looking to buy a kit and want to share shipping costs?

#355 2 years ago

Got started on mine. Im almost done right? haha

PXL_20210423_123730104 (resized).jpgPXL_20210423_123730104 (resized).jpg

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Got started on mine. Im almost done right? haha
[quoted image]

Ha ha, awesome and excellent, i think you are in the lead currently!

My board assembly is progressing and i am checking the parts and updating the bom sheet with the element14/mouser parts numbers as i go.

IMG_9220 (resized).JPGIMG_9220 (resized).JPGIMG_9225 (resized).JPGIMG_9225 (resized).JPG

These photos will also be included in the dropbox area as reference for assembly etc

#357 2 years ago

Hey so to anyone looking to buy these, I was about to commit the transaction yesterday and noticed some Paypal funny business with the exchange rate: something like an additional 5% on top of the (already low/unfavorable) dollar/pround conversion. Tried to see if my CC had better direct conversion and... one does not simply figure this out apparently. Go figure.

It may end up a wash after all but I hate "surprise" and "gotcha" fees like this. I've bought records and other stuff from europe and never had this pop up (or maybe it's because the transaction is so large here it's finally obvious). Anyone have experience with this?

I know, I know, our Euro pinballer friends have it worse so I shouldn't complain... it's just the "WTF?" surprise that made me balk momentarily... I'm personally committed either way.

#358 2 years ago

Had the same thing happen. The paypal conversion fee has always been terrible. They like to get a piece of every action they can. Ive always just changed it to letting my CC do the conversion. As long as you have no foreign transaction fees, it should be way better. I used my Amazon card and the conversion rate was pretty much the same as what you can get from entering it in bing/google.

#359 2 years ago

Mhh .. from Europe to GB is no charge, only maybe a bad exchange rate but no fees.

#360 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Hey so to anyone looking to buy these, I was about to commit the transaction yesterday and noticed some Paypal funny business with the exchange rate: something like an additional 5% on top of the (already low/unfavorable) dollar/pround conversion. Tried to see if my CC had better direct conversion and... one does not simply figure this out apparently. Go figure.
It may end up a wash after all but I hate "surprise" and "gotcha" fees like this. I've bought records and other stuff from europe and never had this pop up (or maybe it's because the transaction is so large here it's finally obvious). Anyone have experience with this?
I know, I know, our Euro pinballer friends have it worse so I shouldn't complain... it's just the "WTF?" surprise that made me balk momentarily... I'm personally committed either way.

If it makes you feel any better i get charged fees on my invoices from PayPal to and its something i just have to take on the chin when running a business . I've used PayPal as a payment method for all my products for years and years (coming up 10 years now) and its still the easiest and simplest way to offer products for sale around the world. BACS transfers are just too complicated for most people and are just as expensive to. As i'm uk based all my prices are of course in £ (pounds sterling). It is what it is with exchange rates, but it is still alot lower than it was 10 years ago.

By offering these self build kits i've halved the cost for purchase with the exchange rate and you can source the remaining parts in your local country at better prices hopefully. If you don't want to buy in then its ok, there is no pressure.

#361 2 years ago

Next build pic

IMG_9230 (resized).JPGIMG_9230 (resized).JPG

#362 2 years ago

I just realized that i need one of these.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/SparkFun/TOL-13114

My lead bends are never great.

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

[quoted image]

That is gonna be very useful

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

If it makes you feel any better i get charged fees on my invoices from PayPal to and its something i just have to take on the chin when running a business...
By offering these self build kits i've halved the cost for purchase with the exchange rate and you can source the remaining parts in your local country at better prices hopefully. If you don't want to buy in then its ok, there is no pressure.

Oh we get the PayPal grift stateside too... all kinds of horror stories and you're right, there's no such thing as a free ride. I've had to take my lumps selling online similarly! I just never noticed the currency exchange fee before. It wasn't a deal-breaking amount (20 quid) but its appearance made me go "huh?"

Anyway, I am indeed very grateful and excited for the more affordable and fun DIY option. And I'm paid up now, so cheers and I can't wait (but take your time, I'm not trying to rush greatness)...

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

[quoted image]

Dammit all the stuff I order from Mouser and I never thought to look for one of those! OTOH it seems like something I've probably thrown away as scrap at one time or another...

#366 2 years ago

You can totally 3d print one. There are a bunch of them on thingiverse.

#367 2 years ago

REV2 board assembled

IMG_9264 (resized).JPGIMG_9264 (resized).JPGIMG_9261 (resized).JPGIMG_9261 (resized).JPGIMG_9262 (resized).JPGIMG_9262 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#368 2 years ago

I have only just seen this tread - my god what have I been missing.

WOW - however long this takes I am interested when the finished product is ready! Take your time - my Whirlwind isnt going anywhere and this is simply amazing.

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from Gingerbloke:

I have only just seen this tread - my god what have I been missing.
WOW - however long this takes I am interested when the finished product is ready! Take your time - my Whirlwind isnt going anywhere and this is simply amazing.

Self assembly kits available if you want in . Can get a friend to build it for you maybe if you don’t like soldering or buying electronics!

#370 2 years ago

Applejuice...I had not been following this thread, given I had traded off my WW. But I stumbled in here just killing some time, and I must say, this is some amazing work! Very jealous of all of you that are going to be doing the retrofit.....

#371 2 years ago

I am in 100%, just need to wait for the idiot proof kit to be ready.

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am in 100%, just need to wait for the idiot proof kit to be ready.

Me too! I have the skill set and love building electronics, but all my spare time is spent on my Elekit and SunValley (Toyota) audio projects (quality stuff) https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/triode/messages/59.html

#373 2 years ago

That assembled board is super sexy Jim. How on earth do you get your soldering to look so neat? Puts mine to shame.

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

That assembled board is super sexy Jim. How on earth do you get your soldering to look so neat? Puts mine to shame.

Years of practice and hunderds of boards assembled (literally)

#375 2 years ago

First panels are ready.
It makes no sense sending them to the USA due the high shipping costs, same for outside EU.
If someone is intrested let me know.

IMG_1214 (resized).JPEGIMG_1214 (resized).JPEGIMG_1215 (resized).JPEGIMG_1215 (resized).JPEGIMG_1216 (resized).JPEGIMG_1216 (resized).JPEGIMG_1230 (resized).JPEGIMG_1230 (resized).JPEG
4 weeks later
#376 2 years ago

SO I have just ordered what feels like hundreds of resistors from Farnel and am eagerly awaiting all parts…

2 weeks later
#377 2 years ago

I've been distracted by more pressing priorities and commitments the past couple months but I *finally* trolled through the BOM and ordered everything. Took a long time to cross-reference everything for number/qty/desc while building carts at suppliers that had this component but not that one... the chip shortage has apparently affected availability, as for example one of the transistors (the one using qty 40) was out of stock from 2 different suppliers with lead times quoted to 2022. And I had to troll for some other substitutions on caps, etc with worrying stock levels. So I know there aren't many of us, but I suggest anyone else dragging along on acquiring the parts better get to this sooner than later! Sadly I'm sure I missed something and won't realize it 'til build time comes so.

The BOM sure adds up quickly though... about $300 for parts for the PCB & display. And I still need to get a speaker/display panel. And the autolauncher. Phew!

Any updates on the code/features/etc in the last few weeks?

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I've been distracted by more pressing priorities and commitments the past couple months but I *finally* trolled through the BOM and ordered everything. Took a long time to cross-reference everything for number/qty/desc while building carts at suppliers that had this component but not that one... the chip shortage has apparently affected availability, as for example one of the transistors (the one using qty 40) was out of stock from 2 different suppliers with lead times quoted to 2022. And I had to troll for some other substitutions on caps, etc with worrying stock levels. So I know there aren't many of us, but I suggest anyone else dragging along on acquiring the parts better get to this sooner than later! Sadly I'm sure I missed something and won't realize it 'til build time comes so.
The BOM sure adds up quickly though... about $300 for parts for the PCB & display. And I still need to get a speaker/display panel. And the autolauncher. Phew!
Any updates on the code/features/etc in the last few weeks?

Updates are in the works as always based on feedback and my own notes, but to be honest i've spent most of my whirlwind allocated time helping the 20 or so early adopter people assemble their hardware and get the boards going, checking for any small errors they made. Most boards have worked 100% 'out of the box'. Only had 1 or 2 little mistakes from people. Mainly bad off the shelf usb cables, or forgetting to key new cables and plugging them in backwards.

If you are on the slack discussion group then there's plenty of chat/help on parts sourcing etc.

#379 2 years ago

2 kits left form the latest board orders if anyone else would like to join in this adventure and self assembly fun.

Let me know if you want one.

#380 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

If you are on the slack discussion group then there's plenty of chat/help on parts sourcing etc.

Shoot, the email I used to pay for the board is not one I typically monitor / email from so I forgot about the slack group invite you sent there. And I've never used Slack, ever. Guess I'm a slacker in a different way

1 month later
#381 2 years ago

More customer games up and running ❤️

26500EAD-6210-45BC-AE08-5F0D00E0A579 (resized).jpeg26500EAD-6210-45BC-AE08-5F0D00E0A579 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#382 2 years ago

Mega Door Bonus

926E2116-B51B-4E99-8795-9FDFBE5680BC (resized).jpeg926E2116-B51B-4E99-8795-9FDFBE5680BC (resized).jpeg3B13B7D6-A291-4845-8529-4A8E49D0C866 (resized).jpeg3B13B7D6-A291-4845-8529-4A8E49D0C866 (resized).jpeg

#383 2 years ago

Can’t wait till this is finished. I have a pin at HEP they will get a custom paint job. I’d like to have this mod installed at the same time.

#384 2 years ago

applejuice
looking forwar for the next update ! Looks great !
Please extend all ballsearches.

This is more than a "mod" ! It is a very huge project, all respect for Jim for programming this and the board layout.
What we need is a "sound guy" who is able to reorchester all the sounds in stereo or higher definition. Jim´s board is able to play stereo and a small amplifier can added easylie. But with the original mono sounds its not on level from the rest of the rewrite project.

Twister had also a nice idea ... why dont remove the 3 discs on a test playfield and add 3 magnets like on TAF ... very good idea and I will get a trashed playfield within the next month to think about a new layout in the middle part instead the 3 discs. there are many many many options.
The installed autoplunger itself is a hughe improvisation. Great ! WhiWi, TAF and ToTAN are for me the pins where I missed a autolauncher to get the multiballs recovered a specific time period. Also the ballsafe is a great thing. I miss this on TAF.

Looking forward for this ongoing adventure !
So far my system runs stable, my LED panels are not perfect , missing maybe some shilding from interferences.
Software is on a good way. Some games are fully playable, latest on the second multiball it becomes buggy. But .. we are in a beta stadium. I know this from my TBL very well and also the first software on Alien was not playable at all.

However ... a great project I am happy to be part.

#385 2 years ago

v0.2.7 now released. Update notes below. This project in terms of software is an iterative process so i work on updates as i get feedback along with my own test playing and improve things as i go. Much like the other software projects i have written. This was the reason to invite people to build hardware and test things out on their own games. More feedback = more stable software

v0.2.7
Ball Search - Vastly improved balls each routine now taking into account a stuck ball under the lift ramp. Ball search routine now runs in full regardless of other reset switches are activated during the run. Pop and sling switches if close could activate and cancel the run before.
Compass - Ramp lifter now has checking built in to make sure the event actually happened. logs an error if 10 tries result in no success.
Cellar - Added tracking of completed awards to progress to mega door bonus
Cellar - Added mega door bonus feature
Cellar - Added graphics for mega door bonus started and mega door bonus is ready
Compass - Fixed a bug with the virtual_lock flag that was messing up ball release for the second ball lock after the first multiball had been played.

Video of the mega door bonus feature

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTeuXLxo3iV/

#386 2 years ago

Amazing work Jim!

Any estimated date for the full kit?

1 week later
#387 2 years ago

Took me long enough to get started, but mine is finally working in the ranks. Just have to get the plastic media panel cover made.

The kit's definitely not for the unskilled or faint of heart - I'd guess about 1300 solder connections in all, and some very tiny and dense near very sensitive components. But it goes together well (provided you source everything properly) and I'm proud to say mine worked 100% first time no issues once I got it put together! The graphics look amazing in person and while it's very much a Beta code base with some random glitches, the game plays well and it's exciting to be a part of this. Can't wait to see how it comes along.
20210913_221400 (resized).jpg20210913_221400 (resized).jpg

#388 2 years ago

The thing about making new hardware is all the documentation and support you need to give out

See here for my version of the 'famous' williams/DE annotated pcb drawing layout

Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 13.14.11 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-09-17 at 13.14.11 (resized).png

#389 2 years ago

Subscribing, how am I just now seeing this

Very cool work

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Next build pic
[quoted image]

is there a thread for this? Super interested

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

is there a thread for this? Super interested

If that image isn’t a build pic of my system 11 hardware controller then something weird happened with pinside!

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

If that image isn’t a build pic of my system 11 hardware controller then something weird happened with pinside!

Nope - that’s a customer circuit board….

1 month later
#393 2 years ago

The Finishing Touch!

Got my speaker panel plastic from Jim today, it's perfect and looks great! Thanks Jim!

ww complete (resized).jpgww complete (resized).jpgww panel (resized).jpgww panel (resized).jpg
4 months later
#394 2 years ago

Any updates?

#395 2 years ago

Plenty going on with the 20 or so beta games out there now. Not had chance to post much recently. (with all the boards i make, rfm updates and other things)

There’s a game at a show this weekend to . See here -> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-2022-march-11th-13th-2022

My Sys11 hardware board has been put though the paces with these test games and all seems very stable, no issues as far as i have seen so far. Software is an iteration thing and have released many updates over the last 6 months. Continuing to refine it to match all the original nuances along with adding new modes and features. The beta testers report many detailed things regarding original rules.

Software updates log:

v0.2.13
Ramp - Timeout million shot at end of ball if not collected
Compass - Added extra logic for checking of lock status
Quick Multiball - Now checks at end of multiball what posn ramp should be in for restored locks, ie calls the compass lock status method
Compass - locked balls will now not re add the skill shot mode if the skill shot mode is still running. Not physically possible with real balls afaict but anyway added
Quick Multiball - Fixed a problem with spinning discs not cancelling if the mode is qualified but not started before a ball drain
Skyway - Fixed another problem with the toll count. tolls higher than 30 were displaying wrongly
Compass - direction arrow lamps are no longer updated incorrectly during multiball, they remain off until mb finishes

v0.2.12
Skyway - fixed a bug in the toll playfield lamp display fro toll lamps 1-4. Should only be one individually not cumulative.
Chaser Multiball - improved lamp handling for when mode is not running, 2 toll lamp conflicts etc
Multiball - Improved the choeorgraphy for multiball start speech, here it comes etc
Multiball - Improved timing for a potential conflict of the AC relay use resulting in the knocker activating incorrect at cellar kickout
Attract - fixed an issue where a game could start when the service mode was running or coin door was open
System - Improved dmd fonts for multiplayer scores. Mask outlines are now used to better distinguish the fonts against the main animated background as per the single player font
Attract - Added Lyman tribute slide to attract display script RIP man, such a sad event x
Ball Search - added autolaunch coil to fire list, fixed bug in top eject reference in list
Compass - Fixed a problem here the release and million lamps were not relit on the next ball start when multiball was ready
System - fixed an issue where new game starts and new ball launch was slow, this was due to modes being re -init unnecessarily each ball.
System - Fixed a problem with lower middle flasher lamp not working
Skillshot - Improvements to start reliability after new bip and ball lock new ball after ball launch automation changes from v0.2.11
Drops - Reset drop bank first when drop value is maxed

v0.2.11
Trough - Updated ball launch logic to fix an issue that could up the balls in play count when the ball fell back in at eject. This could mess up multiball starts
Base - Improved the logic for autolaunch activation. Now will kick a ball in shooter lane if skillshot is not running and auto launcher installed setting is turned on
Base - Fixed a bug where the end of ball music would play when the first ball in qm drained instead of being quiet
Switched Coils - Added additional wait timings during switching ac relay to stop wrong side activations
Tilt - Improved mode, port from indy. Better graphics, sounds and speech
Tilt - Fixed bugs where tilt display would be stuck on display once activated
Attract - Changes to use skyway ramp up/down control
Multiball - Changes to use skyway ramp up/down control
Chaser Multiball - Changes to use skyway ramp up/down control
Quick Multiball - Changes to use skyway ramp up/down control
Moonlight Madness - Changes to use skyway ramp up/down control
Compass - Changes to use skyway ramp up/down control
Combos - Fixed a bug where multiple isolated inner loop switch activations could advance combo way multiplier
Pops - New animated graphics for low and high super jet progress and super jet collect

v0.2.10
Skyway - added settings for extra ball, 2 thresholds with a repeat of the difference between the 2 for the 3rd and there after
Skyway - fixed toll lamps for greater than 20 tolls collected
Skyway - moved ramp lifter logic to be under skyway control
High Score Entry - enabled flippers during entry so players can move letters with flipper buttons
Compass - Updated logic so multiball_ready flag is updated at the point of qualify instead of at the end of ball
Compass - Added extra ramp lift checking and error correction for first multiball in case ramp is put down by some other event incorrectly
Compass - fixed a problem which was lowering the ramp at ball start when 1st multiball was ready
Compass - fixed a bug that could allow the hardware lock diverter routine to be left active cross game
Compass - improvements to blower motor operation smoothness
Cellar - Updated logic for visits. will no longer award a cellar visit when multiball is ready as this can conflict with awarding a qm where there aren’t enough balls available.
Chaser Multiball - Updated ramp control logic to be multiball aware as it was conflicting with multiball ready logic
Ramp - million award will now lift ramp
Multiball - left cellar shot shot will now raise ramp for a timed period during multiball
Quick Multiball - improved lamp handling during multiball and when ready
Quick Multiball - stopped million shot from timing out
Quick Multiball - more work to improve saucer ball eject when multiball started and running
Multiball - improvements to blower motor operation smoothness

v0.2.9
Tilt - updated logic so its only possible when a game is in progress
Bonus - fixed a bug in the count speedup routine
Quick multiball - improvements to the saucer eject handling. Now using the skyway methods
Cellar - updated the light cellar setting logic for always on and start on. Start on is now ball start ,not game start. Always on will relight the lamp automatically after an award is given.

v0.2.8
Compass - updates to blower motor control to address noisy operation
Skyway - check of ball eject success from saucer. logs error if ball not ejected in 10 tries
Bonus - is now aware of the score and will speed up according to value being calculated so as to fit in with the sound better
Attract - speeded up the attract lamp patterns
Multiball - fixed a bug where the blower and fans would not be restarted if multiball was ready at ball start

#396 2 years ago

What other games are in beta?

Quoted from applejuice:

Plenty going on with the 20 or so beta games out there now. Not had chance to post much recently. (with all the boards i make, rfm updates and other things)
There’s a game at a show this weekend to . See here -> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-2022-march-11th-13th-2022
My Sys11 hardware board has been put though the paces with these test games and all seems very stable, no issues as far as i have seen so far. Software is an iteration thing and have released many updates over the last 6 months. Continuing to refine it to match all the original nuances along with adding new modes and features. The beta testers report many detailed things regarding original rules.
Software updates log:
v0.2.13
Ramp - Timeout million shot at end of ball if not collected
Compass - Added extra logic for checking of lock status
Quick Multiball - Now checks at end of multiball what posn ramp should be in for restored locks, ie calls the compass lock status method
Compass - locked balls will now not re add the skill shot mode if the skill shot mode is still running. Not physically possible with real balls afaict but anyway added
Quick Multiball - Fixed a problem with spinning discs not cancelling if the mode is qualified but not started before a ball drain
Skyway - Fixed another problem with the toll count. tolls higher than 30 were displaying wrongly
Compass - direction arrow lamps are no longer updated incorrectly during multiball, they remain off until mb finishes
v0.2.12
Skyway - fixed a bug in the toll playfield lamp display fro toll lamps 1-4. Should only be one individually not cumulative.
Chaser Multiball - improved lamp handling for when mode is not running, 2 toll lamp conflicts etc
Multiball - Improved the choeorgraphy for multiball start speech, here it comes etc
Multiball - Improved timing for a potential conflict of the AC relay use resulting in the knocker activating incorrect at cellar kickout
Attract - fixed an issue where a game could start when the service mode was running or coin door was open
System - Improved dmd fonts for multiplayer scores. Mask outlines are now used to better distinguish the fonts against the main animated background as per the single player font
Attract - Added Lyman tribute slide to attract display script RIP man, such a sad event x
Ball Search - added autolaunch coil to fire list, fixed bug in top eject reference in list
Compass - Fixed a problem here the release and million lamps were not relit on the next ball start when multiball was ready
System - fixed an issue where new game starts and new ball launch was slow, this was due to modes being re -init unnecessarily each ball.
System - Fixed a problem with lower middle flasher lamp not working
Skillshot - Improvements to start reliability after new bip and ball lock new ball after ball launch automation changes from v0.2.11
Drops - Reset drop bank first when drop value is maxed
v0.2.11
Trough - Updated ball launch logic to fix an issue that could up the balls in play count when the ball fell back in at eject. This could mess up multiball starts
Base - Improved the logic for autolaunch activation. Now will kick a ball in shooter lane if skillshot is not running and auto launcher installed setting is turned on
Base - Fixed a bug where the end of ball music would play when the first ball in qm drained instead of being quiet
Switched Coils - Added additional wait timings during switching ac relay to stop wrong side activations
Tilt - Improved mode, port from indy. Better graphics, sounds and speech
Tilt - Fixed bugs where tilt display would be stuck on display once activated
Attract - Changes to use skyway ramp up/down control
Multiball - Changes to use skyway ramp up/down control
Chaser Multiball - Changes to use skyway ramp up/down control
Quick Multiball - Changes to use skyway ramp up/down control
Moonlight Madness - Changes to use skyway ramp up/down control
Compass - Changes to use skyway ramp up/down control
Combos - Fixed a bug where multiple isolated inner loop switch activations could advance combo way multiplier
Pops - New animated graphics for low and high super jet progress and super jet collect
v0.2.10
Skyway - added settings for extra ball, 2 thresholds with a repeat of the difference between the 2 for the 3rd and there after
Skyway - fixed toll lamps for greater than 20 tolls collected
Skyway - moved ramp lifter logic to be under skyway control
High Score Entry - enabled flippers during entry so players can move letters with flipper buttons
Compass - Updated logic so multiball_ready flag is updated at the point of qualify instead of at the end of ball
Compass - Added extra ramp lift checking and error correction for first multiball in case ramp is put down by some other event incorrectly
Compass - fixed a problem which was lowering the ramp at ball start when 1st multiball was ready
Compass - fixed a bug that could allow the hardware lock diverter routine to be left active cross game
Compass - improvements to blower motor operation smoothness
Cellar - Updated logic for visits. will no longer award a cellar visit when multiball is ready as this can conflict with awarding a qm where there aren’t enough balls available.
Chaser Multiball - Updated ramp control logic to be multiball aware as it was conflicting with multiball ready logic
Ramp - million award will now lift ramp
Multiball - left cellar shot shot will now raise ramp for a timed period during multiball
Quick Multiball - improved lamp handling during multiball and when ready
Quick Multiball - stopped million shot from timing out
Quick Multiball - more work to improve saucer ball eject when multiball started and running
Multiball - improvements to blower motor operation smoothness
v0.2.9
Tilt - updated logic so its only possible when a game is in progress
Bonus - fixed a bug in the count speedup routine
Quick multiball - improvements to the saucer eject handling. Now using the skyway methods
Cellar - updated the light cellar setting logic for always on and start on. Start on is now ball start ,not game start. Always on will relight the lamp automatically after an award is given.
v0.2.8
Compass - updates to blower motor control to address noisy operation
Skyway - check of ball eject success from saucer. logs error if ball not ejected in 10 tries
Bonus - is now aware of the score and will speed up according to value being calculated so as to fit in with the sound better
Attract - speeded up the attract lamp patterns
Multiball - fixed a bug where the blower and fans would not be restarted if multiball was ready at ball start

#397 2 years ago

applejuice will this be at TPF? Fingers crossed

#398 2 years ago

Got to play this at Louisville Arcade Expo...I was very skeptical, as Whirlwind is my all time favorite pin. After playing it for about an hour, all I can say is I NEED this for my machine. VERY IMPRESSED!!!

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

applejuice will this be at TPF? Fingers crossed

If one of the beta testers can do then I don’t see why not. Would be great to see one there. I live in uk though so a bit far for me!!

#400 2 years ago

I played a Beta game at Louisville Arcade Expo on Sunday 3/13/22.
Interesting.
I may be up for this when ready.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 467 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-software-rewrite-the-journey/page/8?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.