• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by xlnxminusx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello,

Bought a Whirlwind in pieces. It had been stripped and cleaned and then the original owner died and I bought it.

This is the first table I have reassembled without taking it apart first. Everything is fine except the right ramp that goes up and down will not go up. If I start the game and pull it up, it knows when to go down but will not come up again. The mystery is that in coil test it works fine. Both up and down seem to have no problems.

Could anyone tell me where do I start this search. I have re-seated the j connectors in the backbox.

Thanks in advance, norman

#2 10 years ago

It gets more power in test, does it even try during the game ? If so maybe something is binding it.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

There is a switch that is depressed when one of the coil fires. This switch allows the machine to tell whether the ramp is up or down. The switch has an arm that can get loose and miss activitating the switch. This switch is often the cause of ramp up and down problems.

#4 10 years ago

Just got back to pinball. LTG, During the game, the other coil that lets the ramp down "Clicks" 3 times. But it is not the one that pushes the ramp up.

Thanks Boo, I will look for that switch. I am guessing it will be near the coils that fire the ramp. Do you know what switch it is or where it is located? I'll let you know if I find it.

Thanks all,
norman

#5 10 years ago

Hello,
Just saw the switch under the ramp. Thanks Boo. It is loose as a goose. I am sure this is the issue. I'll let you know when it is fixed!

norman

#6 10 years ago

That worked great! Ramp is good. I have another Whirlwind issue. I will just keep going .

The light on the right cellar door is on all the time when you start a game. The right inlane is supposed to turn it on for a moment and it should go off. The right cellar door is also not scoring. It does make the correct sound effect (so far as I can tell) and the ball ejects correctly from the left cellar door. Interestingly, the bottom upper Jet is also on all the time when you start a game.

Both the Right Cellar Door and the bottom jet light up and work correctly at table start and test mode. But when you start an actual game the light is on.

I have seen no problems with any switches down there and I see no issues with 1J7 or 1J6.

Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance,

norman

#7 10 years ago

There should be two switches in the cellar tunnel. One to tell when a ball is at the plunger to be kicked out, and one when it rolls from the right hole over to the plunger. Check the switch for when the ball rolls from the right hole over to the plunger.

The cellar starts off lit on each ball (unless you changed the settings), and is unlit after you collect the award. It can be turned back on by the right inlane, or hitting the left ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-right-ramp-will-not-go-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.