• Latest reply 9 years ago by Hougie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20141028_12_25_21_Pro.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I seem to be missing fuses F1 and F3 from the power supply board, but the game seems to be operating fine (other than above) is this normal?

WP_20141028_12_25_21_Pro.jpgWP_20141028_12_25_21_Pro.jpg

#2 9 years ago

In normally wired games, with F1 & F3 missing from the power supply board you won't have high voltage to the displays. Do you have aftermarket LED replacement displays, by chance? (Xpin,Pinscore, Rottendog) These would not require the HV section of the power supply.

#3 9 years ago

Yup, I do, thanks!

#4 9 years ago

Good, now off to the cellar with you!

#5 9 years ago

My sounds are weird though, like the cellar voices are way quieter than the rest etc. It's a new rottendog mpu too, so I wouldn't suspect some kind of socket issue. Maybe I'll just get a new sound rom set and see if that helps.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

My sounds are weird though, like the cellar voices are way quieter than the rest etc. It's a new rottendog mpu too, so I wouldn't suspect some kind of socket issue. Maybe I'll just get a new sound rom set and see if that helps.

I doubt it will, but it is easy enough to try. I'm not real familiar with the Rottendog, but it makes sense that there could be some issues there - the mixing circuit in Sys 11s is a bit convoluted:depending on the game, some some sounds are generated and mixed on the sound boards and some by the CPU. It could be something to do with the Rottendog, sorry I can't be more specific.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

The sound structure is different between Sys 11 games on the boards. There will be different resistor values. I had this same problem with a rottendog and fixed my original board. The rottendog board is not a good substitute in your case. I suppose that you could figure out which resistors and caps affect the sound and change those to spec...or ditch the board and get an orig.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-problems-or-not and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.