Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

no_regerts_(resized).jpg
ww3_(resized).jpg
ww2_(resized).jpg
ww1_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Looking for a price check on a players condition Whirlwind (WW) with no LEDs or mods. Going to inspect one in the morning. I've really tried to research this myself, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of data out there.

#2 3 years ago

This pin has been really popular the last few years. I would be happy to get one for $1800, but I'm guessing more like $2000-$2200.

#3 3 years ago

I'd think more like 2300 for a nice players condition. It's a really good game, hope you find one.

#5 3 years ago

thanks. i swear i searched and nothing like that came up. not much sales history on ebay. I'll post some pics when I go see this one in the morning.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from F3TT:

thanks. i swear i searched and nothing like that came up. not much sales history on ebay. I'll post some pics when I go see this one in the morning.

If you can get one that all works in decent condition , but maybe just needs shopped for 1800-2k your doing all right . Most shoppped ones with leds, cliffys and in nce condition seem to be 2400-2800 . Fun pin

#7 3 years ago

If it works 2k

#8 3 years ago

Wow. Here in northern ca, whenever a ww goes on Craigslist
They sit at 22-2400 for weeks. With LEDs.

I put mine up for 1800 a couple of years ago at 1800. Full LEDs, cliffys. Very nice players condition.
After 2 weeks I decided not to sell. I had some offers but I'm glad I kept mine.

To answer the ops question, players condition, working. Clean. 1800-2000.

#9 3 years ago

www.bostonpinball.biz most recent average is $2200-ish. It's only one source but take away the fees, etc and I'd say a player's condition Whirlwind is in the $1600-$1800 range depending on the wear. The spinning disks, scoops and under the ramp seem to always be beat up. I sold mine almost exactly 5 years ago for $1300 and it was in fairly nice shape with cliffy protectors on the scoops and new decals on the spinning disk. All of the inserts still had their artwork on them and the topper worked. It took me a while to get $1300 for that game too. Oh, how I miss the good old days...

#10 3 years ago

I sold a really nice one last year for $2500 and kind of regret it.

#11 3 years ago

What's a restored one go for ?

#12 3 years ago

I sold a players condition about 2 years back for $2k, which I thought was a fair deal as it had leds and a few upgrades, etc.

1800 for below average
2000 player
2200+ for above average

However, be prepared to spend a bit more fast as the pin isn't often for sale and will have a line of buyers ready and willing to snag.

#13 3 years ago

I paid $1,900 for my game that I got at the York show a little while back. I thought I was getting a pretty average deal. The condition of the game was average. The playfield had a few worn spots, but the cabinet was in top shape.

#14 3 years ago

Okay gents. I pulled the trigger on this one for $1800. Had been home owned for about 8 years. Don't know the history beyond that, but it did have less that 10k total plays according to the audit. All the boards appeared to be factory. Wear on the spinners, but didn't notice it anywhere else really. Needs a bath and a few bulbs replaced, but overall appeared to be in decent shape. Flippers were a tad weak, but I think that was due to the gap on the EOS switch being way too wide. Inside was clean, and the boards looked good. No battery acid damage or anything like that. I usually don't care about the cab, but noticed this one didn't have any fade. Most I see have more of a UNC Tarheel blue than the more deep blue you see in the pic.

What do you think? From everyone's input I feel like I at least got a fair deal.

ww1_(resized).jpg

ww2_(resized).jpg

ww3_(resized).jpg

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

no_regerts_(resized).jpg

#16 3 years ago

id be in at 1800 on that machine, nice pickup

#17 3 years ago

Some new spinner stickers, new sling plastics, and you're good to go! Nice score.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Some new spinner stickers

Does anyone know if they're still reproing these? Every website I visit either has them out of stock or not even listed.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Does anyone know if they're still reproing these? Every website I visit either has them out of stock or not even listed.

http://www.thepinballwizard.net/index.php?p=product&id=432

I got mine there and had them shipped to me within 3 days.... great experience. I also bought the blue displays for Whirlwind there as well.

#20 3 years ago

I had one listed for 2250 and had about 10 people within a few days ready to send cash and sold it for asking price.

#21 3 years ago

good score. a good shop out and new spinner decals you are good to go. welcome to the whirlwind club.

#22 3 years ago

oh, cliffy's. get the cliffy's for the cellar holes and the ramp.

#23 3 years ago

Looks like some inserts have lost their artwork, especially on the directional arrows and the bonus multipliers. Pretty much every one of these that you see is like this. A good cleaning, a few decals, and it'll look a lot better. I'd say you did alright.

#24 3 years ago

So jealous! WW is one of my must own pins, and I've never even played a real one. I just know it's the machine for me. I'd pay 1800.00 all day for that. Most ones I find people ask about 3000, so I never give it a second look. Nice pick up my friend!

#25 3 years ago

i've got mine for 600euros,but i have to restore the playfield the cabinet in fact the whole thing;
i've estimate the cost for a fully restoration around 1000euros extra.
But this pin worth it.
Butstill even if it's a good pin the price is broadly lower in France than your countries.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Well I'm taking care of it for you. $2500 is above the standard price, but that puppy is (still) in great shape.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside