Whirlwind - Price Check

By Dante

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hey all, I was wondering what a Whirlwind should be going for these days? From what I can tell in the pictures, the cabinet is in good shape with minimal dings, the back box needs touch up around the edges. The PF looks good, but dirty with a little wear around the spinning disks. Plastics look good and intact and the machine has a working topper.

The seller wants $1350, is that reasonable?

Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

Yeah, that sounds like a great deal these days! Jump on it.

#3 11 years ago

I agree. Even if it needs a bit of work and parts replaced that's still a steal.

#4 11 years ago

Check all the plastics, they are hard to find

#5 11 years ago

It's a steal Dante , get it!

or is this Dante's dad?

#6 11 years ago

Buy it now!

#7 11 years ago

Yeah, $1,350 is a great deal. I was thinking of selling mine to make space but wouldn't let it go for less than $2K. +1 on the plastics, make sure they're good. Disc and fan motors too, and replacing decals around the fans is a job so make sure you can live with what's there.

#8 11 years ago

Yeah, $1350 seems like a decent price for the condition you listed.

Doesn't CPR have Whirlwind plastics in the pipeline?

--Luke

#9 11 years ago

Shopped out and done I think it's a $1600 to $1800 game. $1350 sounds like a nice package, especially if you dig the game (it's a great title). Good luck!

-BB

#10 11 years ago

Buy it!

#11 11 years ago

Total steal at the price you listed. Go for it!

#12 11 years ago

1350 is a good price if it is something you have been looking for and you want the machine. 1350 is not a steal on a 1800-2000 machine once cleaned up and all issues fixed

#13 11 years ago

You should grab it quick. And make a permanent spot for it.

#14 11 years ago

great price!

#15 11 years ago

nice price

#16 11 years ago

From what I've seen over the past couple of year with Whirlwind prices, 1350 is a really good price. It was only a couple of years ago that $1350 got you a super nice on. I "over paid" $1200 for an excellent example with tons of new parts (ramps, plastics, topper, etc) four years ago.

#17 11 years ago

Great, thanks for the advice. I'm supposed to see it later this week and will definitley pick it up and add it to the collection.

#18 11 years ago

Sounds like a fair deal to me

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-price-check-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.