Topic poll

“When I WAIL on my WW plunge, the ball:”

• A) Goes straight up the ramp. 1 vote
    14%
  • B) Does NOT go up the ramp. 6 votes
    86%

(7 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

I own a WW and there's a skill shot where you plunge it softly and try to hit the drop targets. However, if you really WAIL on the plunge, mine pretty much tags the rubber post just above/right-side of the ramp. Now, the fine folks at FarSight released WW for the Pinball Arcade recently and when I wailed on the plunger, it went STRAIGHT UP THE RAMP(!??!). Is this supposed to happen in real life? I always assumed that the player was supposed to be unable to hit the ramp on the plunge. Otherwise, why try for the skill shot? Or is my machine simply a little off-spec?

Would be interested to hear what other folks have experience on their non-virtual WW's.

Thanks for your time,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#2 10 years ago

My apologies for the multiple posts. Each attempted post my computer said, "NO DICE!" ...but it looks like it was lying. Didn't mean to clog up the forum, and not sure how to delete an entire thread.

Ryan

#3 10 years ago

Ryan, there was the same question with the PA that had many of us guessing. Full plunge should go around to upper right flipper NOT the ramp. There is an adjustment that you can make from stainless I believe that you can fine tune to do as mentioned.

#4 10 years ago

(should take 3-5 minutes to adjust)

1. Loosen two screws on end of habitrail. No need to remove them. Slide ramp left or right a few milimeters to allow for step 2.
2. feed a philips screwdriver into end of plastic (there's a hole) to adjust the curved metal top edge of shooter lane. (I did this last night). Loosen and Tighten as needed while holding metal end of shooter lane.
3. Re-tighten habitrail.

What I find is that 1/3 of the shots go into orbit and allow for the "million" shot.
2/3 Hit high or low. I like that. It would be silly if it were a guarantee every time.

-mof

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What I find is that 1/3 of the shots go into orbit and allow for the "million" shot.
2/3 Hit high or low. I like that. It would be silly if it were a guarantee every time.
-mof

mine does the same. Can't believe farsight got it wrong. They also got the plastic picture on the habitrail wrong.

#6 10 years ago

Plus, the game play, sound, and physics on my iPad are terrible for WW, every other one seems fine.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Full plunge should go around to upper right flipper NOT the ramp. There is an adjustment that you can make from stainless I believe that you can fine tune to do as mentioned.

Quoted from mof:

(should take 3-5 minutes to adjust)

1. Loosen two screws on end of habitrail. No need to remove them. Slide ramp left or right a few milimeters to allow for step 2.
2. feed a philips screwdriver into end of plastic (there's a hole) to adjust the curved metal top edge of shooter lane. (I did this last night). Loosen and Tighten as needed while holding metal end of shooter lane.
3. Re-tighten habitrail.

-mof

Many thanks, DMacy and MOF!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-plunge-question-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.