Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Does anybody have a nice scan of the whirlwind skill shot plastic? That’s the plastic on the left center side of the playfield that covers the three drop targets for the skill shot. If so email me please would love to hear from you. Thanks. [email protected]

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1006-574-6 Picture

#2 6 years ago

OK got it!
So here begs another issue. I have scanned and repaired probably 40 or 50 plastics at the VFW Ann Arbor pinball museum. What are the implications of starting a plastics repository? I’m not offering to make plastic for people. But just looking to start a repository of plastics scans. Comments?

#3 6 years ago

How about : send me your extra plastics that you won't be needing anymore?
For this purpose.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

OK got it!
So here begs another issue. I have scanned and repaired probably 40 or 50 plastics at the VFW Ann Arbor pinball museum. What are the implications of starting a plastics repository? I’m not offering to make plastic for people. But just looking to start a repository of plastics scans. Comments?

Its an awesome idea and would be very helpful.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

But just looking to start a repository of plastics scans. Comments?

I think this is an excellent idea. I would certainly use such a repository of images to repair plastics on my games. I would also like to contribute to it, if at all possible.

#6 6 years ago

It would be a great resource for many

#7 6 years ago

Good idea. I would contribute my scans too.

#8 6 years ago

I have scans from several Data East and Sega games I would love to contribute. Another equally important part of the database would be the dimensions in inches for each piece. I usually measure the farthest parts of the plastic in each dimension, between the two points that stick out most.

#9 6 years ago

I have all the images in Photoshop, which handles the dimensions and DPI. Just having JPG scans probably isn't helpful, as that format does not necessarily keep DPI and size dimensions.

1 month later
#10 6 years ago

Would such an archive get taken down like balls of steel did or have things changed? I guess an archive of balls of steel never emerged.

#11 6 years ago

I can donate some illustrator art to the cause

#12 6 years ago

If you go over to the thread "trade your plastics" more info on the database is there. it's not a public database. if someone needs a scan, i can point them to a specific scan. but we're not making mass plastics of any kind for anyone. We're just keeping this all on the down-low, and people email me directly if they are looking for something.

with 400 games at the museum, we had a lot of broken plastics! so we've been going through the game and re-making any broken stuff that we can do. by default this has started a database of plastic scans. for lots of good reason i can't make that database public, but if you need a scan of something, send me an direct email ( [email protected] ). If i've scanned it, and if it's *not* Gottlieb, i am willing to share.

6 years later
#13 5 months ago

Old thread revival again.
Anyone have scans of rollergames or whirlwind plastics.
I'm just playing around with software and seeing what I am able to do on my own.

Thanks

#14 5 months ago
Quoted from Gunner007:

Old thread revival again.
Anyone have scans of rollergames or whirlwind plastics.
I'm just playing around with software and seeing what I am able to do on my own.
Thanks

thought I had some art, only have the spinners art

I have of other game art

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
High Point, NC
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.