Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Amarillopinball
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0215.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg
Whirlwind-1.png
wwPinBlade04.jpg
wwPinBlade01.jpg
wwPinBlade03.jpg
wwPinBlade02.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Whirlwind PinBlades - Pinball Inner Cabinet Decals
Look what just blew into production. Proud to introduce to you one of our newest creations at PinGraffix.
If you're interested in purchasing a set they can be ordered on our web site at www.PinGraffix.com.
As always thank you for all your support. We're working hard to bring you a quality product partnered with a kick@ss design.Whirlwind-1.pngwwPinBlade01.jpgwwPinBlade02.jpgwwPinBlade03.jpgwwPinBlade04.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Our PinBlades are printed on industry grade air egress vinyl. This means that on the sticky side of the decal there's a mesh. You have to look very closely to see it. The mesh allows air to be trapped under the decal. This is the reason that our PinBlades allow you to position and reposition them many times. Once you're happy with the placement of the PinBlade just rub it down and this will push out the air and give you a firmer adhesion to the inner pinball cabinet. There's no need to use any kind of solution.

#3 4 years ago

So, I'm the guy who put these pinblades on his WW and snapped the pictures for jGraffix. Big thanks to PinGraffix.com for putting out such a quality product. My WW pin blades arrived on Friday night, I installed them the following morning, and wow, wow, wow! They look amazing, the quality (both image and substrate) is incredible, and WAY easy to install. Everything jGraffix says about their product is true (durable substrate, easily repositionable adhesive, and well-themed). Even their logo placement is done in a classy way; once installed it's invisible. After the quick installation, I took some pics for jGraffix and played a game, but honestly I could barely keep my eye on the playfield. Ha-ha! My wife even commented how great they look (and she's not one who is overly complimentary about pinball).

Thanks for a great product. Highly recommended.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#5 4 years ago

Agreed, jGraffix did a bang-up job.

#6 4 years ago

I don't have a whirlwind,don't even care for the game but...man those look bad ass !!!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

?..don't even care for the game....

blasphemy! Haha!!!!! Nice work to OP.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I don't have a Whirlwind,don't even care for the game but...man those look bad ass !!!

I'm only forgiving you because you wrapped-up that statement with a friendly homage to the artist. Otherwise, I'm not sure we could be friends.

#9 4 years ago

Very nice!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I don't have a Whirlwind,don't even care for the game but...man those look bad ass !!!

Not like Whirlwind? I don't think I've heard anyone say that before, it's an forgiving game, but it doesn't suck.

#11 4 years ago

Just received the inner decals for my Whirlwind and FishTales....WOW...these really look nice.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Just received the inner decals for my Whirlwind and FishTales....WOW...these really look nice.

Seriously.

Impressive, right? Wait until you see how easy to install they are!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Seriously.

Impressive, right? Wait until you see how easy to install they are!

I've installed others, but none from Pingraffix.

I used the wet method to install the inner decals before. I'm guessing, since these are less tacky, I apply them dry?

#14 4 years ago

That's right. They are repositionable.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've installed others, but none from Pingraffix.
I used the wet method to install the inner decals before. I'm guessing, since these are less tacky, I apply them dry?

I have installed PinGraffix pinblades on 7 of my machines . 8 if you want to include the pictures I took for Joe and his team for the Funhouse pinblades. I have installed them all using the wet method. To me, it gives me more movement of the pinblades for repositioning. Just remember to remove the back box bolt from the sides of the cabinet before installing. Once you position your pinblades. With your finger find the hole through the pinblade, take an xacto knife and poke a hole in the center through the pinblade. Then make a couple slices to allow the bolt back into the hole to allow the back box to be fastened.

I have pics of all the pinblades installed at my site.

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/my%20mods.html

Lee

Blog: http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pbsupernova?ref=hl

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PinbalSupernova

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkP5URZoS8NApETWc7uBmA/feed?view_as=public

#16 4 years ago

Both the Whirlwind and the FishTales decals already have holes in them for the pivot bolts.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Both the Whirlwind and the FishTales decals already have holes in them for the pivot bolts.

You are right, my Addams Family, and Monster Bash made by Silly Elf I believe I had to do that for. I did so many of them that I forget which ones have the holes and don't. lol.

#18 4 years ago

Nice looking work! Just sent through an order for blades for 3 of my machines: AC/DC, Metallica and WW.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Not like Whirlwind? I don't think I've heard anyone say that before, it's an forgiving game, but it doesn't suck.

sorry, it just gives me the impression its for kids with the music and call outs. thats just me though.
love the pinblades ! now it just needs a matching apron!

3 weeks later
#20 4 years ago

Got mine in today!
IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_0215.jpg

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Got mine in today!

Those look great, Zip!

#22 4 years ago

Love the blades on the Whirlwind!

Now if only something could be done for the Royal Rumble owner ... as you see, we were eager to buy the translites, I'm sure blades would be a big seller too....

#23 4 years ago

these are the dopest. I am forever saddened I no longer have a whirlwind

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside