Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by 27dnast
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

1) On the plunge, if you bypass the skill shot and just wing the ball, is it supposed to hit the post to the right of the ramp?

2)On the saucer shot under the ramp, mine rejects the ball 3/5 times. Seems to hit the metal backstop too hard and just bounces to the right or straight back. Is this supposed to be a hard shot to land? Suggestions?

#2 10 years ago

1) it should loop around to upper flipper. Might have to adjust shooter rod to center of ball/adjust metal ball guide that ball runs along which can be a bit difficult/or check shooter spring...which I think was a 'green' one worked best. If you search this topic you will see a lot of info. on that.

2)Shouldn't be a hard shot...I never had that problem when I had the pin. Possibly adjust metal backstop. Hopefully others will chime in w/ answers. Enjoy the game and feel the power!

#3 10 years ago

Great machine!

For #2 question, I have found that the eject shield (plastic red saucer) often times has one or both of the small fins broken off. Try replacing that, along with the suggestion above. You could also place washers between it and the playfield, which is a common trick on the IJ mode start saucer (search for those fixes as well).

#4 10 years ago

There's mention of this(full plunge) in the manual. scroll down to second page,
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2765/Williams_1990_Whirlwind_Operations_Manual_Br_With_Schematics.pdf

#5 10 years ago

#1 it is supposed to loop on the SW inner loop, I just waxed mine and now it hits the right post on the jackpot ramp... So maybe your game is too clean
#2 mine also rejects about 2/3rds, but it always counts the skyway tolls even if rejected... Been like that since I got it and just take it as part of "my" game

#6 10 years ago

As others have said...

1) it should loop around (sometimes mine loops around and sometimes it hits the post)
2) this never happened to me on Whirlwind, but I have had it happen on other machines (Jokerz!) but never thought much of it.

#8 10 years ago

Per the parts manual the stock WW shooter spring is the "silver" one - Williams part #10-148-1.

#9 10 years ago

Hard plunge should take you through the inner orbit to the upper flipper. Stock plunger spring should be weak like TZ for the skill shot.

My saucer rarely rejects the ball. Probably needs an adjustment.

#10 10 years ago

Fixed the ball launch issue. Was able to re-set the right shooter lane guide by adjusting the two screws that anchor it at the top of the lane. Good to go.

I tried adjusting the metal stop behind the saucer. Did not seem to work. So, I lowered the red plastic insert in the saucer using washers (on the underside) and put some foam on the metal stop. This seems to have it working somewhat better. The ball doesn't sit every time, but it seems to (so far) more often than not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-owners-ww-two-questions-about-gameplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.