(Topic ID: 36078)

Whirlwind Overhead Gameplay Video by ShaneTastic!

By shanetastic

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shanetastic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Overall this turned out to be a decent game of Whirlwind. Not a high score because of a few stupid bobbles, but a very fun attempt, anyway! Will the Mega Door Bonus be achieved? ....

Set it to 1080p!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

you're top flipper to ramp shot is super smooth, ours is quite tough to nail.

Yeah, it seems like the shot is much smoother on this Whirlwind than my first. I did replace all of the ramps with new ones when I shopped it out, and tweaked the metal guide above the 3rd flipper to make sure it rolls past the flipper smoothly.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Love those LEDS is that a kit or did you hand pick?

It is a custom setup that has been constantly evolving. Right now, it is a combination of Cointaker frosted and 2 leds for the GI, 2led premiums for the inserts, super white flashers for the lightning and spinner/pop center flashers, and incandescent flashers under the red domes, red and yellow inserts, and incandescents in the pop bumpers. I also added two sockets behind the lightning panel and installed two flex blue supers to light up the back of the playfield. It blends well with the cool white GI that is in the lightning panel.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

Whirlwind is a very fast game when shopped as this video shows! Great game, you pretty much beat my high score on the first ball lol.
BTW, did you lube that spinner? That thing seems to spin forever

Thanks! That was actually a FUN game of Whirlwind. I am glad it happened while I was filming.

First thing I did was polish the metal pieces on each side of the spinner with Mothers until all of the tarnish was gone. Then I put a drop of WD-40 on a qtip and dabbed it on the friction points. I follow up with the dry end of the qtip to soak up any excess so there is no splatter when the spinner goes to town. Yes... WD-40. Some people go crazy when they hear WD-40 and pinball in the same sentence... the difference is that I constantly maintain my spinners (re-polish with mothers and re-apply WD-40 every few games, so there is never any buildup of grime whatsoever, never...ever). Hey, I just go with what I know works well.

Quoted from badbilly27:

Now I want a WW again. Nice video, playing skillz, and looks to be a sweet WW. Keep me in mind if you ever move it.

Don't know if this one is ever leaving! Whirlwind is one of my all-time favorite pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shanetastic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-overhead-gameplay-video-by-shanetastic?tu=shanetastic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.