New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 79466)

whirlwind or taxi, which would you pick???

By henhel

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jabbles180
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20140203_210904.jpg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I have two pins FT and WCS94--thinking my next would be one of these two. Would like to know your opinions! Thanks for the info.

#2 6 years ago

Whirlwind x 15....
Much, much more pinball...period!

#3 6 years ago

I have a Taxi, and would like a WW. Taxi is a very addictive machine. Tough choice.

#4 6 years ago

I think Taxi better suits your current collection.

#5 6 years ago

WW. I prefer Diner to Taxi

#6 6 years ago

Depends. Upper flipper or ramp-to-ramp flow. I'd personally rather have taxi, but WW is pretty awesome.

#7 6 years ago

Whirlwind is a better game with more satisfying shots, IMO.

#8 6 years ago

Taxi for me. Had 2 ww, both very nice(cc Pf, etc.) and sold both. Really like the colors, art, sounds but just not a keeper. Also 2 Taxi's, lost one in house fire and currently have one with CPR Pf, keeper for me. Yo Taxi!

#9 6 years ago

Since you already have Fish Tales, I would go with Whirlwind. Taxi is a great game, but shares a lot with FT, catapult, crossing ramps.

Both are great System 11 machines.

#10 6 years ago

i say WW, owned both, owned taxi for 5 yrs, ww stayed, both are awesome....

#11 6 years ago

I would say since you already have a Mark Ritchie criss-cross ramp game, go with WW. Both are great games.

#12 6 years ago

Tough call....WW with a shaker would get my vote...other than that...too close to call. (Have owned neither).

#13 6 years ago

Defenitely Whirlwind.

#14 6 years ago

ww all day

#15 6 years ago

Very tough choice. I currently have both side by side. Both are wonderful games, but if I had to choose only one... WW by a hair.

#16 6 years ago

Very tough, edge to Taxi.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Tough call....WW with a shaker would get my vote...other than that...too close to call. (Have owned neither).

WW with a shaker is called Earthshaker

#18 6 years ago

Overall you have good taste in games. I was going to say Taxi for playing and humor. But this post brought up a good point.

Quoted from Clawhammer:

I would say since you already have a Mark Ritchie criss-cross ramp game, go with WW. Both are great games.

#19 6 years ago

FT is so similar to Taxi. I'd go for the WW anyway, but definitely in your case.

#20 6 years ago

IMO Taxi is second only to Funhouse in the alphanumeric department. However, since you own Fish Tales I would go with Whirlwind.

#22 6 years ago

I've owned both Taxi and Whirlwind now and both are great games, but the Whirlwind has a small edge to Taxi IMO. If you have a FT than buy a Whirlwind.

#23 6 years ago

Had both Whirlwind is still here. Prefer Diner over Taxi.

#24 6 years ago

So basically you can't lose is what you are seeing here

#25 6 years ago

thanks for all the good info it helps in my decision. I have never played either one, but I am leaning towards WW, but first I will play both and then will make my final decision. Thanks for all the feedback.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

I've owned both Taxi and Whirlwind now and both are great games, but the Whirlwind has a small edge to Taxi IMO. If you have a FT than buy a Whirlwind.

This is the right answer, and i have a TAXI.

#27 6 years ago

Played both, bought both and they look good together. The only problem is when I get NIB fever, I ponder selling both, but so far so good.

#28 6 years ago

Whirlwind all day long. Always seemed a lot more going on playfield/game wise.

#29 6 years ago

If I had the money to buy only one of the 2 games I want and had them both within range to view and buy right now. I would put more weight into looking for the one in best condition of the two..

But if they where both in great condition, Taxi.

#30 6 years ago

Whirlwind in my opinion. Shouldn't have sold the one I had for sure. I have no idea what the heck made me do that. Taxi didn't do much for me. I like flow and speed mostly.

#32 6 years ago

WW very very slight edge IMO. Taxi is really fun too. Either choice you cant go wrong. Get the better condition pin.

#33 6 years ago

WW I would pick if I only had one pin. Taxi if I had other pins to play.
WW - more flippers and toys to keep me entertained. Taxi is a fun straight forward game WW by a nose in this race.

#34 6 years ago

Taxi for me, but its a tough call. I'm pretty Lawlor heavy at the moment though

#35 6 years ago

I own both... easy decision; Whirlwind every day of the week!

#37 6 years ago

Taxi is king, hopefully you play a nice one. pretty much every taxi I have played on location has been beat to hell and the gameplay reflects it.

#38 6 years ago

I think these games are equally awesome, I would say whirlwind only because you have fish tales. (Ramps)

#39 6 years ago

There is no bad choice either way...
20140203_210904.jpg

#40 6 years ago

I would vote for Whirlwind, but then again I love pretty much all the old Pat Lawlor Williams machines.

#41 6 years ago

Both are truly addictive. I went with Taxi, but it was in a lot better condition. Its never gotten old

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

WW with a shaker is called Earthshaker

I know Earthshaker came with one, but I would want to integrate a shaker for WW...seems like it would be great with one.....hence if I ever get one...it will have one

#43 6 years ago

I have both. For me, in my small collection, I prefer Taxi to WW. However, you do not have a Lawlor pin (and you do have a MRitchie criss-cross) so WW might be the better fit. Personally, I find Taxi much more frustrating and addictive. For me, it is that "just one more game" pin.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I know Earthshaker came with one, but I would want to integrate a shaker for WW...seems like it would be great with one.....hence if I ever get one...it will have one

What would you tie it to? Jet bumpers? Thunder strikes? When the motor on the discs fire?

#45 6 years ago

Haven't given it too much thought as of yet....when the discs fire would be pretty sweet IMO.

#46 6 years ago

If the Taxi is considerably less expensive - you get a lot of bang for your buck. Like others have said, Taxi is frustrating enough to be that "I gotta play just one more" game.

#47 6 years ago

I have a Taxi and love it. That said, I would rather have Whirlwind...................

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

What would you tie it to? Jet bumpers? Thunder strikes? When the motor on the discs fire?

I think it would be interesting to tie the shaker motor to it the flashers in the lightning plastic that runs along the back. I think they only flash when the thunder noise is activated?

#49 6 years ago

I have both and they're both great games. If it figures into your decision, I would say Taxi is less frustrating to casual players and kids than WW is. But for me WW is way more satisfying to beat. If I had to choose between the two I'd go with WW by a hair.

#50 6 years ago

Feel the power of the wind!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Plymouth, MN
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside