(Topic ID: 301179)

Whirlwind “Oh no, looks like rain” sound is scratchy.

By Timberhusk

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Schwaggs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Timberhusk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Whirlwind- When you start a game, the first sound is “ oh no, looks like rain”. It’s sounds really scratchy but the rest of the sounds are just fine. Is this just the way it is or is there something wrong?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Recap the sound board…

But the only sound bite that is scratchy is the opening line; “oh no, looks like rain”.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Is that callout still scratchy in the next game started (after the board has "warmed up")?
And what do you mean by "scratchy"? The old-school compression used means none of them are super clear - think lo-fi tape or landline phone. Compared to today's tech, some might describe it as "scratchy". That callout on mine seems a little harsher (if I wouldn't say "scratchy") than the others, but I just figured the high-pitched female voice didn't take as well to the compression. The "Ooh, Millions!" callout is similarly sub-par. But neither is offensively so, if that makes sense.

The other sounds and call outs are just fine. Just that first call out at the beginning of each and every game is harsh/distorted, it’s enough to make you wince a little, it’s almost inaudible. But once it’s over the rest of the sounds are fine. I’m guessing it’s just the way it is. Maybe a new sound ROM is worth a try?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Timberhusk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-oh-no-looks-like-rain-sound-is-scratchy?tu=Timberhusk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.