1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by 2manypins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I got this pinball in mid nineties and the kids played it several years. At some time they said it wasn't working properly so I unplugged it. That was probably 15 yrs ago. It has been sitting in the basement since then. The grandkids saw it and started wanting to play it so I started it up. It has several problems. So here is the first question. Both right flippers are dead. I found that the F7 fuse on the auxiliary power board was blown. Also the contact on the eos of the lower flipper was bent so that the switch would not open. Could this cause the fuse to blow. I am entering this with no clue of what I am doing. Thanks for your help.

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from marcandluv:

the contact on the eos of the lower flipper was bent so that the switch would not open. Could this cause the fuse to blow.

Yes. It is keeping the high voltage on because the EOS switch is staying closed.

You also would notice the coil is also getting hot as well

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from marcandluv:

I got this pinball in mid nineties and the kids played it several years. At some time they said it wasn't working properly so I unplugged it. That was probably 15 yrs ago. It has been sitting in the basement since then. The grandkids saw it and started wanting to play it so I started it up. It has several problems. So here is the first question. Both right flippers are dead. I found that the F7 fuse on the auxiliary power board was blown. Also the contact on the eos of the lower flipper was bent so that the switch would not open. Could this cause the fuse to blow. I am entering this with no clue of what I am doing. Thanks for your help.

Check for battery corrosion after so many years

#4 1 year ago

Where are you located? You may find a Pinsider close by to help you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-not-booting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.