IMG_4355 (resized).PNG
t (resized).jpg
IMG_4352 (resized).JPG
IMG_4353 (resized).JPG
IMG_4354 (resized).JPG
IMG_4334 (resized).JPG
IMG_4333 (resized).JPG
IMG_4331 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

Looking good. I just recently stared mine, and replaced a bunch of the stock stuff. Let me know if there is anything you need.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

One question I did have. Is there anyway to stop the upper flipper from hitting the ball guide? Or do I just have to keep extra rubbers around?

Wowzer, that appears to be an adjustment issue, either with the way the flipper was set or where the ball guide is sitting. It's something to be aware of when reinstalling, check your spacing and adjust flipper accordingly.

Also kudos for taking the time to regrain. I've been on the fence about it, but it may be a nice break from the PF stuff. The flaps are awesome. I've heard these work great too, but only go up to 400g: https://www.harborfreight.com/4-in-400-grit-abrasive-ball-61183.html

1 week later
#20 6 years ago

Great progress, everything is looking awesome so far!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

So far the bumpers are the first thing that I am not fully enjoying working on. Only five more to go though!

Bumpers are pretty much the worst of it. There is nothing more miserable. You're doing great and they look sick!

#33 6 years ago

Check your ribbon cables, reseat and check continuity. 99.9% likely it's a cable issue.

#39 6 years ago

Do you have another display or ribbon cable on hand so you can rule the display or cables out?

#46 6 years ago

Wow, that looks like my old HS CPU. It should be easy enough to test the continuity of those traces to make sure they are all in tact.

I've got a great board repair guy out here. He's setup with all of the Williams test rigs. If you want his name I would be happy to pass it along.

1 week later
#58 6 years ago

Deep breath, it's rare that these things can't be fixed.

My boss has a minty Gorgar, I sent his boards out to be rebuilt, got them in and seated the ribbon cable incorrectly, boomsauce down the line. Sent them back out to my board guy and a few swapped parts and they were as good as new.

It sucks, but it happens and luckily you have plenty of resources available to you.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

In the mean time, remove the ribbon cable from the display and see if the CPU will boot.

+1

1 month later
#70 6 years ago

Very nice. What did it end up being?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-my-first-resto?tu=nerdygrrl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.