Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Cathaldub
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cathaldub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Well I've got a Williams whirlwind which I've restored but I've two problems I can't fix
The 6 red flashers don't work and the in game music is missing, all the speech is there alright.
Strange thing is if your on ball 3 and lock it the music starts and plays to a point then gos all funny.
Would I be right in assuming a dodgy rom or ram could be causing this?
As for the flashers I've no idea at all. There was 4 Dry solder joints on the traic board which fixed the fan so maybe it's worth removing all the boards and inspecting for more as the machine sat in a cold warehouse untouched for ten years.
Would anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

1 week later
#3 11 years ago

Thanks I will check out the sound board tomorrow.
I've replaced all bulbs and bulb holders already.
The boards look in top shape so lets hope its something simple

4 months later
#5 10 years ago

Which relay is the A/C one, the one on the Aux power driver board or the CPU Board?

I see a TIP-36c has previously been replaced on the C-13287(Sound Overlay Solenoid Board) so I'm leaning towards a problem here but all the transistors check out OK

#7 10 years ago

I'll check that later thanks

Mentioning the sound overlay board earlier, this board also controls the back flashers(lightning) and fan so I've ruled this out as they both work fine

#10 10 years ago

My Relay isn't clicking at all. Where should I go from here, is it possible to pop the lid off the relay?

UPDATE:Just checked and its getting voltage to it. Taken relay off the board and tested and definitely not switching. Just oredered a new one from Marco

#11 10 years ago

I'm getting 08 C-Side error too which must be the 5 red flashers

#13 10 years ago

In your audio test do you get the error chime for the speech tests?
Video of my Audio tests

3 weeks later
#14 10 years ago

Thanks everyone
Flashers now fixed by replacing broken AC Relay.
In game music still missing though attract music is there
I'm getting one bong when I press the cpu switch on the board which I think points to U23, can anyone with a working whirlwind confirm what they get?

1 month later
#15 10 years ago

Replaced the D11581 with a sold as working one and had sound but not all the time.
So too a chance and bought a second one, actually I bought 2 more and they both worked.
Yay I have all my sounds, music and flashers working, thanks for all the help people

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cathaldub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-in-game-music-missing?tu=Cathaldub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.