Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Chet
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

My whirlwind is immediately launching the first locked ball back into the Playfield instead of keeping the ball until other balls are locked. Can never start multiball. I just completed a full restoration Playfield swap. All the Playfield and ramp switches are registering as they should in switch levels test with the glass off and using the ball to actuate the switches. All other game features seem to be working fine. The three ball lock switches register individually and are not sticking. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions on possible things to check?

#2 8 years ago

I had to replace the first switch near the apron, it was flaky ...

#3 8 years ago

Was your game launching the first locked ball immediately?

#4 8 years ago

Are the switches registering as the switches they're supposed to be? Ie, the switch number that appears on the display on switch test are the same switch numbers in the manual for the matrix. I'm just spitballing a bit, but that's where I'd look first. Maybe you crossed a wire someplace. Good luck!

#5 8 years ago

I will double check all of them again with glass off to make sure the switch id matches the one actuated.

#6 8 years ago

Problem solved. The lock switches were all working and registering but when the first locked ball came to rest against the tip of the kicker plunger it was no longer actuating the bottom ball lock switch. Fix was to slightly adjust the bottom switch position to make sure when the ball came to rest against the plunger, it still was depressing the switch enough to keep it actuated. Just one of those little things when you do a PF swap, i.e., getting everything to line up and work properly. Now have a little problem with the Cellar VUK not kicking the ball out of the scoop onto the PF all the time and when it does it is barely making it where it used to kick it out strongly before the PF Swap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-immediately-launches-first-locked-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.