• Latest reply 1 year ago by jdzwir123
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CA3698AD-4FE3-4569-B9A9-7DBED21BC3F0 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

I currently have 2 pins a WhirlWind(which was a grail pin for me) and a Roller Coaster Tycoon.

The roller coaster tycoon has LED lights titan rubbers and a color LCD screen.

I am currently trading my roller coaster tycoon or selling it and somebody was wondering about trading a Jurassic Park data east for it and I would probably want some $ coming my way.

The reason I’m posting this is because they mentioned that they would be willing to trade the shadow for my whirlwind.

I was thinking I could sell off the roller coaster tycoon buy another whirlwind and maybe even put a new playfield in one and really make it nice which was my intention to do with the one I have now.

Just seeing if anybody had thoughts about this.
Sorry for being long-winded but thank you in advance.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

I currently have 2 pins a WhirlWind(which was a grail pin for me) and a Roller Coaster Tycoon.
I am currently trading my roller coaster tycoon or selling it and somebody was wondering about trading a Jurassic Park data east for it and I would probably want some $ coming my way.
The reason I’m posting this is because they mentioned that they would be willing to trade the shadow for my whirlwind.
I was thinking I could sell off the roller coaster tycoon buy another whirlwind and maybe even put a new playfield in one and really make it nice which was my intention to do with the one I have now.

The Shadow has become a top game the past 6 years. I bought one for $2200 10 years ago, and just bought a nicer example this weekend for $6300. I say its a no brainer trade all day long. The game will continue to go up in value. Has alot of replay value, and a lot more to it than Whirlwind, which is a fun game.. in a big collection imo.

#3 1 year ago

I’ve never actually played the shadow before but I like Brian Eddy’s games and could easily trade if I needed to, and figured that I could probably pick up another Whirlwind for the amount that I would get for my roller coaster.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

The Shadow being tied to an awful movie has always hurt it. It was designed by Brian Eddy. This guy doesn't know how to make a dud. That being said, I think The Shadow is his masterpiece (bad movie and all). I have a fairly large collection (14 pins) and many are worth more than the Shadow. Guess which one is my favorite? Take the trade.

#5 1 year ago

Both are great games.
Slightly different appeal for each with system 11 vs DMD era.
Seems like condition of each game is the consideration for a trade.
Pinside estimated values for each show that, on average, Shadow is worth about $500 more than Whirlwind.

#6 1 year ago

The condition of my whirlwind is pretty good, the playfield has a little bit of Mylar bubbling but plays 100% has full LED’s, blue displays, blue led buttons. It is an import from Germany.

I was not even considering trading so I didn’t ask any specifics on the shadow.

#7 1 year ago

I have owned Whirlwind twice and it has left both times; awesome game. That being said, Shadow will be the last pin to leave my collection.

#8 1 year ago

I wish I could find one to go play because I’ve never even seen one in the wild.
That’s pretty cool though that it’s a game that the majority of people are saying will never leave their collection. It must really be that good!

#9 1 year ago

Seems like a good trade the Shadow has always been one of my favorite games

#10 1 year ago

They are both great games, but I think the Shadow is worth a little more. If it’s a straight up trade, then you’d be getting the better end of it money wise.

#11 1 year ago

That’s what I was thinking. I’m gonna have to go check it out and play it!

#12 1 year ago

I would take a shadow for my whirlwind all day. Make. The. Trade.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13 1 year ago

Wow! I’m gonna talk to him tonight and find out some more details about his shadow and I’m excited!

#14 1 year ago

I own both and can tell you that I love both
BUT
I would do the trade any day and twice on Sunday

#15 1 year ago

Looks like rain for one while the sun is shining for the other.

#16 1 year ago

Isn't Whirlwind like Jurassic Park? OP said JP is incoming, so trading out Whirlwind makes even more sense. Getting Shadow in return is great value.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

The Shadow has become a top game the past 6 years. I bought one for $2200 10 years ago, and just bought a nicer example this weekend for $6300. I say its a no brainer trade all day long. The game will continue to go up in value. Has alot of replay value, and a lot more to it than Whirlwind, which is a fun game.. in a big collection imo.

You might have gotten my shadow for $6300 but I wouldn’t have sold my (restored pf swapped) whirlwind for that money. By the way your shadow used to be owned by Coolpinballdino like 3 owners ago. Tried to buy it off him at the time but it had a new home already. It came to me eventually.

CA3698AD-4FE3-4569-B9A9-7DBED21BC3F0 (resized).jpegCA3698AD-4FE3-4569-B9A9-7DBED21BC3F0 (resized).jpeg
#18 1 year ago
Quoted from cconway84:

You might have gotten my shadow for $6300 but I wouldn’t have sold my (restored pf swapped) whirlwind for that money. By the way your shadow used to be owned by Coolpinballdino like 3 owners ago. Tried to buy it off him at the time but it had a new home already. It came to me eventually. [quoted image]

Ah, ok

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

Wow! I’m gonna talk to him tonight and find out some more details about his shadow and I’m excited!

Don't get too excited. Deals like this collapse all the time, or you suddenly find out the guy also wants $1500 in the trade.

And he might read Pinside, and see that everybody thinks he's getting rooked on the deal!

#20 1 year ago

The Shadow doesn’t really have the same feel as the other Brian Eddy games. It’s better.

#21 1 year ago

If you are trying to trade a RCT for a JP you are probably at least 1K short, not to mention getting a better and more desirable title out of the deal...if I was the JP guy I'd for sure want cash coming my way.

WW for Shadow is in your favor too for sure. I would make both those trades before they realize you're pulling one over on them ha.

#22 1 year ago

Shadow was my first pin that I bought back in 2012, I still love it!
Had 3 Whirlwinds which is also a great game, but I do think the Shadow is better.

Shadow+Jurassic Park > RCT + Whirlwind

#23 1 year ago

Love WW but Shadow is in a league of it's own; DO THE TRADE YOU WANT REGRET IT!!! IMO its in the top 5 Williams/Bally games ever made. So much to do easy to play hard to master with that said just be prepared to probably have to dial it in a bit to get it to play 100%

#24 1 year ago

I agree with doing the trade. Just wanted to mention that the sanctum tends to be a spot of wear so I would ask for a pic of it. A little worn off paint or something is fine imo, but there are some I have seen where the magnet completely wore through the playfield.

#25 1 year ago

I appreciate all the input and advice!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-for-the-shadow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.