• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
DSC02086.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I had to remove the diverter to replace my ramp which broke. Now, the diverter is not functioning correctly.

When I light the lock, the coil fires and the diverter moves so that the ball goes to the lock.

The problem is that after the ball is locked, the diverter does not return to the position to return the ball to the left flipper when the lock is not lit. Should the coil fire again to return the diverter or should tension of spring on the diverter arm return it to the ball return position when the coil does not fire? If so, maybe I have installed the arm incorrectly.

I think the diverter should always be in the position to return the ball to the left flipper unless the locks lit.

Any photos of the underside of the diverter assembly would be a big help.

#2 11 years ago

Hope this helps. I have the diverter shaft out for disassembly in this picture.

John

DSC02086.JPGDSC02086.JPG

#3 11 years ago

Huge help and tremendous response Time - I'm scratching my head wondering how to keep tension on the arm - gee could it be a spring? As soon as I saw your post I knew I was missing the spring.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

#4 11 years ago

No problem. Plenty of people here have taken time to help me.

John

#5 11 years ago

Just in case you need another vantage point.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 11 years ago

This probably has to do with the way you reassembled it. This happened to me before, and it's easy to do. Check the way you put the linkage back together. I don't have the machine anymore, so I can't recall exactly the way it goes.

#7 11 years ago

I'm fairly sure that when working correctly, the coil only moves the diverter to allow the ball into the far left to lock the ball. When the ball diverts and hits the lock switches, it should return to it's non-powered or relaxed state. In relaxed state (like when off) it should be diverted to normal. I think you just need to fine tune your adjustment or check that nothing is binding up.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I'm fairly sure that when working correctly, the coil only moves the diverter to allow the ball into the far left to lock the ball. When the ball diverts and hits the lock switches, it should return to it's non-powered or relaxed state. In relaxed state (like when off) it should be diverted to normal. I think you just need to fine tune your adjustment or check that nothing is binding up.

This is correct. If you put it back together incorrectly, it binds up and doesn't return to the closed position.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-diverted-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.