Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Stu
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Just wanted to say how dissapointed I am that I missed out on the ww playfield repros from CPR. Feel like I was one of the first to request a reserved spot as I did so as soon as they were announced and never heard a word or explanation..
Cant find them anywhere, so bummed..

#2 9 years ago

Oh Geez...good thing Scud missiles can't reach Florida from Canada.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Oh Geez...good think Scud missiles can't reach Florida from Canada.

I have a right to be bitter, happy for you if you got one..

#4 9 years ago

I was late to the party but am bummed that I missed out as well

#5 9 years ago

Would also buy one of those nice mirrored backglasses they followed up the playfield with..
They are also unobtainable..but I will admit that one is my fault, had chance to get one but was too annoyed that I did not score one of the playfields..

#6 9 years ago

Do a search on the forums. If I recall correctly, this has been addressed several times as the demand for this PF was well over what was anticipated. I thought that I had previously read that Stu said that CPR will do another run and is awaiting inserts and wood.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Would also buy one of those nice mirrored backglasses they followed up the playfield with..
They are also unobtainable..but I will admit that one is my fault, had chance to get one but was too annoyed that I did not score one of the playfields..

Don't bother with the mirrored backglasses. The resolution is realy bad and the mirroring is barely noticable.

I saw one side by side with an original translite and had to question "What is wrong?" with the mirrored one. Both the colors, restail, and registraion were pretty bad.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

Do a search on the forums. If I recall correctly, this has been addressed several times as the demand for this PF was well over what was anticipated. I thought that I had previously read that Stu said that CPR will do another run and is awaiting inserts and wood.

If the demand was over what they made, then someone dropped the ball. People who express interest and requested the field via the CPR website should be given the opportunity to buy it first. The OPEN request lists for playfields are available 1-2 years before the piece even goes into production. So how is it that people who request a playfield are still being skunked?

#9 9 years ago

Just wanted to say how dissapointed I am that I missed out on the ww playfield repros from CPR. Feel like I was one of the first to request a reserved spot as I did so as soon as they were announced and never heard a word or explanation..
Cant find them anywhere, so bummed..

I had the same thing happen I went to Marco.

#10 9 years ago

I have a right to be bitter, happy for you if you got one..

You totally are in the dark on this one but thanks for the thumbs down. I also was unhappy about not getting one so the art director from CPR publicly ripped me a new one. Has cost them thousands of dollars in sales. You are just a little late to the party because this has been hashed out here multiple times. They claim the rest of us will get one when they get more inserts. My comment was in reference to the response you will get about this post from someone else, not me.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

So how is it that people who request a playfield are still being skunked?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-updates-1

#12 9 years ago

Isn't this WW release the reason why CPR requests won't give you an automated email back saying you're on the list? That way when they want to skip over preorders, you won't be able to prove it.

#13 9 years ago

You are Correct.....

Quoted from Dante:

I thought that I had previously read that Stu said that CPR will do another run and is awaiting inserts and wood

So NOT True, We Sell EVERYTHING We Make.....Stop trying to start shit on the forums!

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Has cost them thousands of dollars in sales

NOPE. Not True.....Sometimes Kevin sets up an automated responce, sometimes he dosen't, I don't know why that is but it's been like that for 9 years > LONG before WW....

Quoted from lordloss:

Isn't this WW release the reason why CPR requests won't give you an automated email back saying you're on the list? That way when they want to skip over preorders, you won't be able to prove it

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

You are Correct.....

So NOT True, We Sell EVERYTHING We Make.....Stop trying to start shit on the forums!

NOPE. Not True.....Sometimes Kevin sets up an automated responce, sometimes he dosen't, I don't know why that is but it's been like that for 9 years > LONG before WW....

Pharaoh plastics don't appear to be sold out. I skipped those. I have a Solar Fire coming in this month. Skipping your backglass. The list will continue to grow over time. I am not starting anything and only you have the ability to change this.

#15 9 years ago

Just an email appology and explanation to anyone on the WWind email list would have made a world of difference IMHO.

As of right now I know a few people that don't frequent forums and they still have no idea why they did not get a WWind pf but others did.

I also know a few people that got doubles of the pfs and flipped them before many on the remaining list even got 1 to actually use and put in a game.

IME, CPR possibly has some of the worst customer service in all of pinball (now that IPB is no more).
I suggest sticking with the art and paying someone skilled in customer service to be the voice of CPR on the forums. You are a damn fine artist, but we all have stregths and weaknesses STU.

#16 9 years ago

We (the 3 of us Partners at CPR) have discussed people like you & we really don't care if "you" buy our products Because "Someone Else" WILL....Either way, we sell our products.....As for Pharaoh plastics being in stock, we keep about 10-15 or so of every title on our shelves so that we have product to sell (that's After we sell to our distributors), and once the supply goes down to 3 or so sets we sell the balance to Distributors.....Either way I hope "you" (rustylizard) NEVER buy any of our product as all you ever do is complain....

.....now some folks will chime in here and and say that it's bad business to tell [potential] customers not to buy our products, which is Not the case here, I'm telling " rustylizard " Not to buy our products, everyone else is good to go....

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Skipping your backglass

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Pharaoh plastics don't appear to be sold out. I skipped those

#17 9 years ago

And either YOUR going to PAY someone to be that voice OR We can UP Our Prices to Compensate for that....

Quoted from Whysnow:

and paying someone skilled in customer service to be the voice of CPR

#18 9 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cpr-customer-service-made-my-day#post-1361295

Quoted from Whysnow:

IME, CPR possibly has some of the worst customer service in all of pinball

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just an email appology and explanation to anyone on the WWind email list would have made a world of difference IMHO.
As of right now I know a few people that don't frequent forums and they still have no idea why they did not get a WWind pf but others did.
I also know a few people that got doubles of the pfs and flipped them before many on the remaining list even got 1 to actually use and put in a game.
IME, CPR possibly has some of the worst customer service in all of pinball (now that IPB is no more).
I suggest sticking with the art and paying someone skilled in customer service to be the voice of CPR on the forums. You are a damn fine artist, but we all have stregths and weaknesses STU.

I agree with this and is the reason I started this thread..
Was so stoked about doing a pf swAp on my ww and fell in love with the CPR website while waiting for the product..I was like "what a cool company, must be awssome to work there, etc."

#20 9 years ago

Whyisnow must have seen an off backglass because my WW mirrored backglass looks great.

#21 9 years ago

Now I feel insignificant to CPR and they could'nt care less.
I am aware that this is not the first thread..duh..but felt it should be revisited
I am still awaiting an explanation
Guess I am not part of the "in" crowd that is privy to communication from CPR..
Thanks to all that feel where I am coming from and posting here
I will prob just do a sick restore of my original pf..
At least I know the holes will line up

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

We (the 3 of us Partners at CPR) have discussed people like you & we really don't care if "you" buy our products Because "Someone Else" WILL....Either way, we sell our products.....As for Pharaoh plastics being in stock, we keep about 10-15 or so of every title on our shelves so that we have product to sell (that's After we sell to our distributors), and once the supply goes down to 3 or so sets we sell the balance to Distributors.....Either way I hope "you" (rustylizard) NEVER buy any of our product as all you ever do is complain....
.....now some folks will chime in here and and say that it's bad business to tell [potential] customers not to buy our products, which is Not the case here, I'm telling " rustylizard " Not to buy our products, everyone else is good to go....

At least one of your partners said the complete opposite. Don't take any opportunities before you, making peace with those you have wronged may hurt too bad. Oh, and reverse quoting on forums is so annoying to us non-artsy types. Please put the quote before the response when you talk to me.

#23 9 years ago

I am aware that this is not the first thread..duh..but felt it should be revisited

I hear ya. I am afraid I will miss out on my BOP playfield because they don't want to tell you. I guess you need to hit their website every single day and hope. I know I will miss out on it because my BOP isnt on my mind every day. I probably visit the site once a month but I know it won't be enough.

#24 9 years ago

You don't get that I am on your side, do you?

#25 9 years ago

Oh wow. I need a BOP playfield bad but not that bad.

Really don't know how to read into Stu's response to customers.

#26 9 years ago

For the 15th time now, CPR is NOT doing the BoP Playfield.....

Quoted from dantebean:

I am afraid I will miss out on my BOP playfield because they don't want to tell you

#27 9 years ago

Can't we all just get along.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

You don't get that I am on your side, do you?

All good man..they are just harmless thumbs downs..just didnt want missiles sent my way for voicing my frustration

#29 9 years ago

Welcome to America! People can sell to who they want and don't HAVE to produce more product! I love CPR! Thanks Stu. I missed the WW PF as I got heavy into the hobby in the past 2 years. I got my WW a few months ago. I really wanted a CPR PF but they were all gone. I am OK with that. If CPR did not reproduce it, no one would have a new one. I really think you (op) have no gripe here. They don't take your money ahead of time (if so, you would have a leg to stand on). I got brand spanking new plastics for my ES and WW thanks to them. I love how new plastics look! I also have a BG for ES in the box that just came from Marco. I am on preorder for the FT PF set and I would get on the next pre-order list for WW if they post it again. Since you (op) does not seem to want to do business with CPR anymore, maybe I can have your spot? I would love to get it, but if I don't, my response would be different than your response. I am happy for all the new WW owners that did get it as I hear it is better than the new original! The kicker is they have actually kept prices reasonable. Thanks STU, I would not want to pay more just to have someone hold my hand and say sorry, you don't get this one! Micro has a bunch of new PFs you can get and play with, it just costs a ton more! No more rambling from me............
Summary of my rant is basically, Thank you Stu! AND Is there a chance I can snag the op's spot on the list when you rerun them? I am that "someone else".

#30 9 years ago

All good man..they are just harmless thumbs downs..just didnt want missiles sent my way for voicing my frustration

The missiles weren't going to come from me. It was a prediction that a certain member of CPR would come in here and blow the place up.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

And either YOUR going to PAY someone to be that voice OR We can UP Our Prices to Compensate for that....

I was told once that CPR can only do standard size no wide playfields is that true.

#32 9 years ago

Nothing productive ever comes out of these threads.......

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

For the 15th time now, CPR is NOT doing the BoP Playfield.....

Well thank god.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Whyisnow must have seen an off backglass because my WW mirrored backglass looks great.

Have you compared it to a lit original translite yet? The colors on the original translite are much more saturated and vibrant. I have a CPR WW backglass (a flawless first) and have compared them side by side and there is no comparison. Don't get me wrong, the artwork is very well done and looks spot-on to the original. I think the mirrored effects look great as well. It's just that when it's lit-up you don't really notice the mirrored effects and it looks washed out compared to the original. I'm sure this is due to the process and is in no way the fault of the artist. With that being said if anyone wants my CPR backglass I'd sell it for $200 + actual shipping. There's nothing wrong with it and I believe these were $240 + shipping when CPR had them in stock? I still have the original CPR box for it as well.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Have you compared it to a lit original translite yet? The colors on the original translite are much more saturated and vibrant. I have a CPR WW backglass (a flawless first) and have compared them side by side and there is no comparison. Don't get me wrong, the artwork is very well done and looks spot-on to the original. I think the mirrored effects look great as well. It's just that when it's lit-up you don't really notice the mirrored effects and it looks washed out compared to the original. I'm sure this is due to the process and is in no way the fault of the artist. With that being said if anyone wants my CPR backglass I'd sell it for $200 + actual shipping. There's nothing wrong with it and I believe these were $240 + shipping when CPR had them in stock? I still have the original CPR box for it as well.

I wonder how it would look when lit if you put the original translite behind it?

#36 9 years ago

In summary
Ww is my fav game ever..the repro meant alot to me and I did everything in my power to try and get on the list..
Doesnt matter anymore and I am sorry I started this thread..I hope cpr keeps doing what they do but it might be worth investing in some customer service 101

#37 9 years ago

True...for now....Once we have Artwork finished for several other wide body titles it will justify the purchase of an additional Sander that will fit the Wide Size Wood......

Quoted from ek77:

I was told once that CPR can only do standard size no wide playfields is that true

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

True...for now....Once we have Artwork finished for several other wide body titles it will justify the purchase of an additional Sander that will fit the Wide Size Wood......

This is very hopeful news.
-mof

#40 9 years ago

The reality is: There is NO Comparison of the Original Translite and the New Backglass....A "Translite" is a Photographic Process in RGB Colors (Red, Green, & Blue) it's Not Printed, it's a glorified Photographic Print....A Backglass is a Silk-Screen Printing Process in CMYK ( Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, & Black ) Ink ....the 2 will NEVER look the same. Know this going into any Translite-to-Backglass-Conversion: A "Silk-Screened" Backglass will Never look 100% like the original Translite....It's Not Physically possible as they are 2 Completely Different Processes. We strive to do the best we can with what we have to work with, and considering our final Glasses are 8th Gereration removed from the Original Artwork ( Translites are 1st Generation ) I think they look pretty damn good. If you like the look of the Translite then buy a Translite, but it you want to get rid of the FishEye effects of Translites & want a Real Glass & like the Mirroring aspects then the backglass is the way to go.....If you don't like the Mirroring then I suggest you buy a Translite.....Pretty Simple, but please stop trying to Compare the 2, they are 2 Completely Different Products ( like a Car & a Plane, both are transportation but both are completely Different from each other ).

Quoted from Jvspin:

I wonder how it would look when lit if you put the original translite behind it?

Quoted from MikeS:

Have you compared it to a lit original translite yet? The colors on the original translite are much more saturated and vibrant. I have a CPR WW backglass (a flawless first) and have compared them side by side and there is no comparison. Don't get me wrong, the artwork is very well done and looks spot-on to the original.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

.....If you don't like the Mirroring then I suggest you buy a Translite.....Pretty Simple, but please stop trying to Compare the 2, they are 2 Completely Different Products ( like a Car & a Plane, both are transportation but both are completely Different from each other ).

Since the complaint was that the colors did not appear as saturated I was just wondering if you could get more saturated looking colors by placing the translite behind the backglass. My guess is that the combination won't look bright enough.

I think the mirroring is great and I prefer a real back glass over a translite.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Thank you.

#43 9 years ago

Not digging into you about this, I just want to explain the situation.....

It's not that the colors were not saturated enought, it's that the ink was mistakenly mixed with a little too much Clear Ink before going onto the press. Since CMYK Process Color Printing is made up of "dots" in rosette patterns these particular ink mixtures were a little too "translucent", thus giving it the appearence that the colors were not as saturated (especially with clear spaces between all the colored dots). The Colors were Spot-On as far as Color goes, it's just that the Ink was a little too translucent....This has already been resolved & is evident on the Taxi Backglass (which in my opnion was still a tiny bit too translucent for me) so I had Kevin "Omit the Clear Ink" from the mixture all together from here on out. Future CMYK Backglasses 'should' be as close to the original colors as we can get due to the nature of CMYK Silk-Screen Printing vrs. RGB Photographic Prints (translites).....

Quoted from Jvspin:

Since the complaint was that the colors did not appear as saturated I was just wondering if you could get more saturated looking colors by placing the translite behind the backglass

#44 9 years ago

Thanks for the explanation Stu. I understand it can be difficult to get things to look just right.

I had a repro TZ translite that looked great when the power was off but when back lit it looked washed out.

I purchased your WW back glass and thought it looked great but I haven't tried it in the game yet since the game is not operational. So you can see I have a vested interest in Treveism's comments.

If it indeed does look too "translucent" for my taste, then I will try putting the original behind it to see if it does the following:

1) line up.
2) make the colors look less translucent.
3) still look bright enough.

Does this seem like a stupid thing to try?

#45 9 years ago

I wouldn't call it stupid, but it will never line up correctly & it will look bad.....

the one thing I did was use a mixture of Frosted White & Frosted Colored LEDs and it immediately fixed the 'translucent' issue....so you might try that prior to any other attempts....

Quoted from Jvspin:

Does this seem like a stupid thing to try?

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

I wouldn't call it stupid, but it will never line up correctly & it will look bad.....
the one thing I did was use a mixture of Frosted White & Frosted Colored LEDs and it immediately fixed the 'translucent' issue....so you might try that prior to any other attempts....

Thanks for the tip Stu. I will give that a try first if I think there is an issue.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Don't bother with the mirrored backglasses. The resolution is realy bad and the mirroring is barely noticable.
I saw one side by side with an original translite and had to question "What is wrong?" with the mirrored one. Both the colors, restail, and registraion were pretty bad.

Whysnow, did you see a Fathom per chance? if so any good? I was looking into buying one to go with my CPR Fathom playfield which looks amazing. No game yet but a just in case buy.

#48 9 years ago

I have not seen the fathom but sounds like it will be similar 'lack of saturation' as wwind.

I am guessing with title it will still be much better than the original just due to age.

#49 9 years ago

im thinking the same thing

#50 9 years ago

I have yet to order from Stu and the guys because most of the titles they made repro's for I don't own however I do love the products and look forward to a future purchase.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-cpr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.