Topic Stats

• 2,940 posts
  • 323 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 154 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 786 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190815_180345 (resized).jpg
20190804_150315 (resized).jpg
20170924_001356 (resized).jpg
sy11rb1_a03a (resized).jpg
20180506_201111 (resized).jpg
k (resized).PNG
IMG_20190804_213034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190804_171604 (resized).jpg
74D7149E-477F-4937-B723-EF2B0C09EBEA (resized).jpeg
20190802_223221 (resized).jpg
20190802_223304 (resized).jpg
ww (resized).jpg
20190710_221746 (resized).jpg
A0991078-054B-4A19-B0D0-0A64F7BF39D2 (resized).jpeg
F93A6D28-181A-4650-A5E5-98C1D564E272 (resized).jpeg
5F598813-083C-42E4-A2E4-5EBFA4469040 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swenny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 5 years ago

Got a couple of Q's for the more experienced WW players.

I just got a WW as my first pin. Having never played one before, how do you tell if the flippers are getting weak? For example, if I trap a ball w/ the left flipper and then try to get it up the ramp to stop the storm, the flipper doesn't seem to have enough power to get the ball up to the top of the ramp from a dead stop. Is that normal?

Secondly, how difficult is re-building a flipper? I am fairly handy w/ construction type projects, but have obviously never done anything like this before.

Third, If you were going to rebuild a flipper, are their different brands of rebuild kits and if so, is one better than another?

Thanks,
Swenny

#146 5 years ago

I don't know if this Q belongs in this thread or the tech side, but thought I'd start here first. Just bought my first pin last week (a WW obviously). After playing a few days, I noticed that it didn't seem like my backboard was lighting up as much as it should. Started investigating and found that the entire string of lights at the top, as well as the lights on the R. side don't come on. I traced the wires for both of those set of lights to the backbox interconnect board. They plug into J7 which is just below fuse F3. Can anyone tell me what I should do to get the lights functioning. I'm thinking it is perhaps a fuse, but how do you know which one?

Thanks for the help,

Swenny

1 month later
#200 5 years ago

Quick Q for other WW owners. Does the ball come out of the cellar on your game at a consistent speed? Mine seems to be all over the place. Sometimes when it ejects it comes flying straight down towards the flipper. Other times it kind of dribbles out, hits the top of the triangular bumper below it and then takes a funny angle to the drain hole. It's definitely not consistent.

Is the game supposed to be that way, or is the solenoid weak and in need of repair? I've never played another WW before to know if they're all that way or not.

Thanks,

Swenny

4 months later
#366 5 years ago

Anybody know where you can get the compression ring that holds the topper fan on to the shaft? I gently loosened mine to take the fan off, but since I have put it back on I can't get it tight enough to hold the fan in place. The fan will spin fine, but gradually moves up the shaft towards the motor.

#369 5 years ago

Thanks, I'll check it out.

4 months later
#415 4 years ago

Guys I need some help. Upper flipper is competely dead. Bottom two work fine. I checked all fuses, they are not the problem. Looked at the leaf switch down by the button and it makes contact when the button is pressed. What is the next step I have to take to track this down? I would guess I have to check for power at the coil with my multimeter. What do I set it at and where do I put the probes? Thanks.

6 months later
#623 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Probably mentioned elsewhere but just wondering on people's skill shot, is it possible on your machine to shoot straight in to the upper flipper ramp from a new ball? On pinball arcade you can plunge and get up there, on mine the closest I can do is go through the top lane which puts the ball in line for the upper flipper to take the ramp shot, no way to plunge straight up it.

Mine goes up the ramp 95% of the time if I pull the plunger back all the way. Might not supposed to be that way, but makes playing the game a lot more fun.

#626 4 years ago

Both!

7 months later
#789 3 years ago

Need some help. The subway VUK comes on and stays locked on whenever I turn the pin on. I suspect the transistor is bad even though it tests OK. I think I am just going to replace it but I'm not sure what type of transistor to replace it with. The transistor is Q7. I think it is a Tip122 based on the schematics. Could someone confirm that for me. Also, what would the pre-driver be and would it make sense to replace that also?
Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Sale Pending!
Danville, VA
€ 3.70
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swenny.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside