Topic Stats

• 2,940 posts
  • 323 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 154 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 786 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190815_180345 (resized).jpg
20190804_150315 (resized).jpg
20170924_001356 (resized).jpg
sy11rb1_a03a (resized).jpg
20180506_201111 (resized).jpg
k (resized).PNG
IMG_20190804_213034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190804_171604 (resized).jpg
74D7149E-477F-4937-B723-EF2B0C09EBEA (resized).jpeg
20190802_223221 (resized).jpg
20190802_223304 (resized).jpg
ww (resized).jpg
20190710_221746 (resized).jpg
A0991078-054B-4A19-B0D0-0A64F7BF39D2 (resized).jpeg
F93A6D28-181A-4650-A5E5-98C1D564E272 (resized).jpeg
5F598813-083C-42E4-A2E4-5EBFA4469040 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#479 4 years ago

I took a ton of pictures this weekend, will post them in a gallery when I get home. I'll grab a pic of the habitrail switch while I'm at it.

(please ignore the inline pics - some Chrome weirdness going on)

2 months later
#593 4 years ago

I like the wheat field blades better for sure.

1 month later
#622 4 years ago

Yours is set up correctly.

#631 4 years ago

I'm thinking of installing wood playfield rails along the side of the cabinet, when I paint and decal the cab. The metal hinges just seem horrible to me. Is there any reason wooden support rails would be considered bad? I can screw or bolt them in easily, then fill and sand any holes before I paint and decal. That's what I'm thinking, anyway.

Imagine being able to lift your WW playfield up, and then lean it against the backbox, system 7 style. That just has to be better.

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Well it is not original, so if you ever have to sell you would take a hit (and probably a sizable one). Second, the pf still needs the hinges to support the game when the pf is down, so they would still be in the game.

Why would the hinges still be needed, if the rails are supporting the playfield? I don't get this. As far as the rails not being original...well yeah, but almost none of the game will be original. The playfield, plastics and cabinet art are CPR/Planetary repros. I assume that people who don't mind that the game is essentially a "kit" rebuilt, won't mind that there's something out of view that makes it much easier to maintain the game.

11 months later
#890 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Question for those with experience with CPR .... Do they typically run new playfields along new plastics at same time or shortly afterwards?

That's been my experience; almost every first run I've seen, they offer plastics to go with the playfield. But I don't know that they'll rerun WW plastics to go with a rerun of WW playfields.

1 month later
#1085 3 years ago

As much as I love my CPR playfield, I'm loving the restorations you guys have posted lately. Sheer wizardry.

1 week later
#1096 3 years ago

My guess is that topper just aged that way - maybe exposed to the sun?

#1098 3 years ago

Definitely warm around the slings (since it's so orange/red), but you could do cool white everywhere else.

1 year later
#1794 1 year ago

I have a WW with a CPR playfield, and I'm getting a lot of saucer bounce-outs (under the ramp). I've tried lowering the plastic saucer under the playfield (by installing 2 washers under each corner. I've added deadening foam to the exposed posts. And I've bent the right metal guide slightly toward the saucer. However I think the most basic problem is that the ball bounces off the back rim of the hole. Any ideas for making this less bouncy? I've even considered filing it back to a shallower angle.

5 months later
#1983 1 year ago

I’ve been away from this thread for way too long. Whirlwind is still my favorite pin, even after putting 100+ hours of my life into restoring it. Some playfield swap pointers here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ww-restore-something-old-something-new

I’ll post some pics of my finished resto next weekend when I’ll have more time.

So I see that the WW playfield rerun has the same problem as the Medusa playfields - the plunger lane groove is too short! Fortunately my buddy warned me about this before I started my Medusa swap. I’m planning to sand it to the right length with some steel rod and sandpaper, then re-clear that area. Otherwise the skill shot gets messed up.

#1986 1 year ago

Sort of off-topic, but my son’s friend used our WW and our basement to make a video for a contest he’s entering. I freaked out a little when I first saw it, to be honest...you’ll see why. Fortunately, no harm done. Warning: contains some salty mafia-type language.

#1990 1 year ago

Our home is 100% non-smoking. I didn’t know about the cig until I got home and smelled it. I was not happy. But now that I’ve seen the video, I can see that it helps establish the character as a reckless 2-bit player in the mob.

#1992 1 year ago

Warm white frosted for all of the GI,for me. I try not to “help” the artist with colors.

2 weeks later
#2051 1 year ago

Is the shooter lane switch registering? That doesn’t sound normal.

2 months later
#2230 1 year ago

Said differently, if you DO want to keep your game original, replacing both the GO connector and the header pins is a must. I think the reason so many system 11 pins are dark is that people don't do this.

Quoted from northerndude:

Less power strain on your boards/connectors if you have led's

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
11,990 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hauppauge, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sale Pending!
Danville, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside