17120147714183511058491698968279 (resized).jpg
17120147133684342295711183751853 (resized).jpg
17120146816654026590663874873131 (resized).jpg
1711971576349821576825836127955.jpg
17119715507093168227299707841971.jpg
20240127_165338 (resized).jpg
20240127_165404 (resized).jpg
20240328_180122.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmaino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#727 8 years ago

Hey everyone. Just picked up a WW and had a quick troubleshooting question for you. My lower display and all Super Cellar door value lights are not turning on. Any tips or suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

#728 8 years ago

This diagnostics led is blinking. Is this supposed to be happening as well?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#731 8 years ago

Checked all the connections and they seem right. After inspecting more it looks like there are snowflake specs on the lower display and not on the top. I took a picture. Could this be an issue.

Also - I now cannot run any diagnostics on the pin since this has happened. Only allows me to do a music test. Nothing else. I can't cycle it forward.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#733 8 years ago

Thanks for the info. Infortunately this is above my skill set. Might have to reach out to a professional.

1 week later
#740 8 years ago

Thanks for the help with my display issues everyone.

Now that my display and super cellar door lights are working I have another question. For some reason my extra ball cellar door light is already lit every time I start a new game. Anyone had this issue in the past? I can complete all super cellar door objectives and get the mega door bonus but I can never take advantage of the extra ball one because it is always lit.

Thanks.

6 months later
#957 8 years ago

Does anyone know the exact part number of the two roll over switches in the upper left part of the play field. One of mine has broke and I need to order a new one.

Here are some pics.

Thanks

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#959 8 years ago

Nevermind. Finally found it in the manual.

Part # 5647-12693-19.

#962 8 years ago

Hey guys. Having trouble with two switches not working. R Standup(R Ramp) 48 and Spinner 41.

Can you take a look at the pictures below. Not sure if its wired wrong. I thought the standup switch was bad so I replaced that. Didn't change anything. All other switches work in that column.

If anyone can send some pics of their wiring that would be a huge help.

Thanks.

Pete

#966 8 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find the fan topper? Looks like most places are sold out.

#970 8 years ago

Hi all. Does anyone know the size and type of bolt that is used to secure the play field at the pivot point on the cabinet? For my restore I have a new cabinet coming and I can't seem to find the size of the bolt and where to buy. Thanks.

#974 8 years ago

Perfect. Thank you. Now I will need the courage to drill two holes in my brand new cabinet.

#982 8 years ago

Couldn't agree more. The new play fields from CPR look stunning. Just landed a nice CPR playfield and I am going to attempt a PF swap. Also have a brand new cabinet from virtuapin cabinets being made as we speak. Been doing as much prep as I can.

Added Molex connectors to all solenoids to help make the swap easier. A lot of time to do but I feel it will be worth it.

On a side note. It's amazing how just changing the spinner decals can make a world of a difference.

Pete

#991 8 years ago

Has anyone had any issues with the upper GI by the flashers in the lightning backbox? My flashers work perfectly when a standup target is hit but when the back GI turns on after a ball is plunged the GI in the back does not turn on. I checked all my fuses and there seems to be no issues there. Any advice on where to start next?

Thanks

Pete

#993 8 years ago

Ok I'll look into that. I already ordered a new relay so hopefully that solves the problem. But if not then I will take a look at your suggestion.

#994 8 years ago

Has anyone installed the flipper fidelity speaker upgrade for whirlwind? Can you notice any difference or is it a waste of money?

#1002 8 years ago

Great news. I just ordered one.

Thanks

#1005 8 years ago

I got mine from pinballdecals.com. They are the rubbery kind and look great.

Check out a nice before and after shot.

1 week later
#1038 7 years ago

I've got a blue one that I'd be willing to sell. It is in decent condition.

1 week later
#1080 7 years ago

Has anyone installed mirror blades on their whirlwind? How does it look? If you have can you share a picture. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to get mirror blades or pinblade decals for my restore.

Thanks.

#1082 7 years ago

Yea I'm a bigger fan of mirror blades. If anyone has pictures of it installed on theirs I would appreciate it.

#1091 7 years ago

I've been doing a restoration of my whirlwind and thought I'd share some pictures. It's amazing how a new CPR playfield and NOS plastics can make this game shine. Top of the playfield has been swapped along with all the mechs. The wiring harness should be going on this weekend. I can post more picture if people want.

The playfield of my whirlwind wasn't even that bad but after 26 years of play a new one looks so beautiful. I've got a new cabinet on the way and will post some pics of that when it arrives.

Does anyone have any interest in my old playfield and cabinet for a restoration? Let me know I can post some pictures if necessary.

2 weeks later
#1141 7 years ago

Has anyone added a LED light to the cellar scoop? If so how easy is this to do? Is it possible to tie it to the light about the cellar scoop as to only light it when it is lit?

#1143 7 years ago

Perfect. Thank you.

1 month later
#1229 7 years ago

I just finished a full restore on my whirlwind and have a ton of parts for another restore if anyone is interested. Please PM if you are interested. Local pickup for the cabinet and will ship the rest. Make me an offer.
-playfield
- cabinet
- back glass with translight
-blue topper
- both plastic ramps

#1232 7 years ago

Don't

Quoted from weaverj:i'm interested in you building me one .

I don't think I want to do that again.

It came out awesome though, plays XtremeIO fast on a new CPR playfield.

#1235 7 years ago

Beautiful job. From your experience, what was the toughest part of the project?

During the playfield swap some of the holes were off and I had to drill new ones into the playfield. Never a fun thing to do. Measure twice...drill once

#1239 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeroen:

Nice cards in the apron. Custom or something you buy somewhere in the net?

www.pinballdecals.com

2 weeks later
#1265 7 years ago

Finally got around to taking a few pictures of my newly restored Whirlwind. This was my first restore and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. As per usual it just took way longer than I thought. Here is everything I did.

-New Gold CPR Playfield
-New Cabinet and decals from Virtuapin.net
-All NOS plastics with pinbits plastic protectors
-Cointaker LEDs
-All 3 flippers rebuilt
-new drop targets, standup targets
-all new ramps
-new spinner decals
-new white topper and fan
-new alltek powersupply and interconnect board

Here are a few pictures.

IMG_4740_(resized).JPGIMG_4740_(resized).JPG

IMG_4759_(resized).JPGIMG_4759_(resized).JPG

IMG_4760_(resized).JPGIMG_4760_(resized).JPG

IMG_4761_(resized).JPGIMG_4761_(resized).JPG

IMG_4762_(resized).JPGIMG_4762_(resized).JPG

IMG_4763_(resized).JPGIMG_4763_(resized).JPG

IMG_4764_(resized).JPGIMG_4764_(resized).JPG

IMG_4765_(resized).JPGIMG_4765_(resized).JPG

IMG_4766_(resized).JPGIMG_4766_(resized).JPG

IMG_4767_(resized).JPGIMG_4767_(resized).JPG

IMG_4768_(resized).JPGIMG_4768_(resized).JPG

#1267 7 years ago

Not sure what you are talking about. Skyway ramp switch covers? i have switch covers and decals on the sky ramp.

#1269 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

when do i pickup?

Haha. This one is never leaving. Plus I put way more into it that I could sell for.

#1272 7 years ago

I actually put new switch covers and decals on. One of them got caught as I was putting the playfield in. The other one is in good condition.

#1273 7 years ago

Does anyone know how to adjust the kickout from under the right ramp? Mine comes out very hard and bounces of the wall and doesn't give me a clean feed to my flipper.

I know there is a spring on the kicker arm but I'm not sure how to make it soften the kick.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

#1276 7 years ago

I got lucky on the NOS plastics. When I bought my beater game the owner had an unopened bag in the cabinet. Offered 150 bucks and they were mine.

3 months later
#1331 7 years ago

Looking for some help in adjusting the saucer kickout from under the right ramp. I can't seem to get it to come out and hug the ball guide properly. What's the best way to adjust this mech? I have tried placing new springs with different tensions but with no luck(either pops out too hard or doesn't have enough to get out of the saucer).

Any suggestions?

#1333 7 years ago

Yes I am level. The ball pops out too hard and his the metal ball guide and usually is around a half inch off of the flipper by the time it gets there. I figure I need the ball to come out of the saucer with less force.

#1335 7 years ago

I will confirm when I get home. The manual states it should be AE-23-800 so let me see.

I know i have the correct spring in there as I ordered it from marco. Eject-Spring(Plain) 10-363 according to manual.

#1336 7 years ago

Ok it looks like the wrong coil is in there.

Currently there is AE 26-1500 when there should be an AE-23-800.

I'll order one and see if that fixes the issue.

#1337 7 years ago

Can someone take a picture of their coil for the saucer kickout? I want to make sure that I am buying the correct one and that I don't mess up how it is wired.

Thanks in advance.

#1342 7 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

The correct coil is stronger than the currently installed coil.

So this might make my problem worse with the correct coil?

#1344 7 years ago

So the AE 23-800 is weaker than the AE 26-1500?

#1349 7 years ago

Installed the proper coil and it solved the problem. Thanks for the help everyone.

5 months later
#1521 6 years ago

It should be at least a million or more points for that shot!

3 weeks later
#1554 6 years ago

Has anyone noticed the replacement plastic fan blade from marco doesn't produce much wind?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8375

My motor spins fast and I did check to make sure it was not installed Backwards. Are there alternative replacement blades out there that work better?

1 week later
#1568 6 years ago

I can confirm that this works. Just did it and the airflow is dramatically stronger.

Quoted from codered9394:

So I went to my local Fox appliance to try and locate different fan blade for my WW topper. I also have a blade from Marco that moves very little air and was wondering if there was something different out there.
So not being able to find anything different to work I started looking at the blade that I bought from Marco.
The tech at Fox told me that the blade I got from Marco was only able to be mounted one way due to the correct bore size only being cut partially through the fan. If mounting fan the intended way then this does not utilize the edge of the blades that whips the air. He recommended drilling the bore on the fan completely through to be able to put the fan on backwards.
I drilled through the fan bore with drill bit and installed fan, this puts the tension band on the fan facing away from the motor. This has dramatically helped air flow and made the storms more fun. Hopes this helps others.

4 weeks later
#1616 6 years ago

My left flipper recently stopped working and I can't figure out why. Here is what I have done so far.
-I tested the cabinet switch in the switch edge test and that is working.
-checked fuses on the Aux driver board and those are good. I believe it's F5 or F6(both tested fine)
-getting 24v power to each of the 3 lugs on the coil.

What else should I be testing here as I am a little stumped as to what to check next?

Thanks guys.

5 months later
#1930 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Has anyone put LED and and LED OCD board in their WW? Impressions?

I have installed the LED OCD board and I think it is a great upgrade. Highly recommend.

5 months later
#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I also think WW is a better game than TZ--don't miss it at all.

Agree with you on this one! Don’t miss my TZ at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmaino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-club-members-only?tu=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.