Topic Stats

• 2,940 posts
  • 323 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 154 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 786 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190815_180345 (resized).jpg
20190804_150315 (resized).jpg
20170924_001356 (resized).jpg
sy11rb1_a03a (resized).jpg
20180506_201111 (resized).jpg
k (resized).PNG
IMG_20190804_213034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190804_171604 (resized).jpg
74D7149E-477F-4937-B723-EF2B0C09EBEA (resized).jpeg
20190802_223221 (resized).jpg
20190802_223304 (resized).jpg
ww (resized).jpg
20190710_221746 (resized).jpg
A0991078-054B-4A19-B0D0-0A64F7BF39D2 (resized).jpeg
F93A6D28-181A-4650-A5E5-98C1D564E272 (resized).jpeg
5F598813-083C-42E4-A2E4-5EBFA4469040 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hougie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 5 years ago

Traded stargate for ww earlier this summer and I'm in love. I have my pf coming tomorrow! Super psyched.

2 months later
#134 5 years ago

Mine post pf swap. Pictures don't do it justice!

IMAG0764.jpg IMAG0765.jpg
#138 5 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

That looks great!

Thanks! I really love how this game looks with LEDs. I put some in my LOTR and took them right out. Some games just don't look right with LED bulbs. These are the two threads that I used. Thanks to Capper96 and Shanetastic!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shanetastics-whirlwind-2

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-topper-mod#post-926000

I pretty much copied Shanetastic's method. Mostly cool frosted cointakers. I did color matching lights for green and red. For the rest I used cool white frosted. I left the ramp flashers and pops incandescent.

I also painted the lightning board white with gloss enamel paint. It really makes the lightning effect pop.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

The super sellar multi-ball is where its at. If you can get that everything is at max points!

In my best games I've always had that going. Best so far was around 56 million. Super cellar plus the million shot you're golden.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

Whats the game set for, for those scores. Posting scores is fun but can be anywhere depending in 3 ball 5 ball, hard, etc.

All factory. I don't do 5 ball on that game. My typical scores are between 8 and 15 or so.

1 month later
#191 5 years ago

I don't know if we are doing a December score contest... but I put up a pretty good one tonight.

IMAG0894.jpg
#199 5 years ago

Kevin(@CPR) said that they are doing a second run after they get more inserts, mid to late next year. I was lucky enough to get one of their last of the first run.

2 weeks later
#211 5 years ago

Here's my January entry...now get out!! Seriously, I hit the mega door bonus twice and couldn't hit the left ramp for crap!

IMAG0972.jpg
#214 5 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

That's a pretty good score.I've been trying to hit that twice and have not been successful.

WW is such a brutal game. It destroys me quite often. That game I was focusing mostly on ball control. There are a few key shots when getting high scores on whirlwind.
-Make the cellar door from either flipper on command. I am very good at making this shot. Every time it lit I nailed it. (ie. The right inlane)
-Hitting the right ramp (or under) consistently from both flippers. I was dialed in on this too.
-Usually (lol) the left ramp. I was NOT dialed into that shot that game. I think I hit it once during multiball.

3 weeks later
#229 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I just scored my 2nd ever 20 million game.
Me and my dad were having our nightly game together.
Playing on a 3 ball game.

image.jpg 187 KB

Every now and then mine has to remind me who's boss by giving me about a million point game. Whirlwind is not easy.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from hootowls:

Mine are all #6 as are the three in the ball lock lane.

Same here. You could always tap out the bigger t-nuts and hammer in smaller.

1 month later
#247 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

is there any adjustment besides up and down on the spinning discs? mine don't seem parallel with the playfield all the way around.

If up and down doesn't cut it, you could try washers.

#250 5 years ago

I tell ya, I also own LOTR and Metallica. More often than not, WW is my favorite pin. It is so great on so many levels!

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Allright. I'm nearly done with My WW CPR swap! I'm at the point of tweaking everything so that it plays perfect, but the one thing I can't seem to do is get the plunger lane lined up correctly for a full plunge shot. I know in other posts I've read that a full plunge should go above the ramp and around the upper loop and return to the upper right flipper. On mine, even if I adjust the metal guide it as high as it can go I still can't get the ball to go any higher than the left ramp. It just doesn't seem to line up.

wwplungeHEP.jpg 59 KB

I added washers to one side of my plunger assembly (to straighten it up) and shaved off a bit of the post rubber at the tip of the guide. This seemed to help with mine. I still occasionally get a ball that will go part of the way up the ramp but most follow the orbit now.

#277 5 years ago

I have missed a couple of months but I'm back baby. Best score to date.

1396650078434.jpg

1 week later
#291 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does anyone else have any issue with the flasher sockets falling out on new CPR ramps due to vibration when playing? I even tried new clear lamp sockets and a couple of these keep popping out during gameplay. I think it's probably due to the thicker ramps, but it would be nice to find a solution so I don't have to keep snapping these back in between games.

I had one doing it. My solution was a small drop of super glue.

#292 5 years ago

Fyi, there seems to be a decent one on eBay in cali. I have no association to the seller but it looks ok.

2 weeks later
#325 5 years ago

It should definitely overlap the lip of that ramp. Otherwise, what's the point of it?

1 week later
#336 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I can back hand off the lower right flipper to the right ramp. it does take a bit of skill. I can do it about 1 in every 3-4 tries.

This is about how mine plays. My flippers are super snappy. I converted them to the Fliptronic stye return springs when I did the PF swap. I can make it up the right ramp with the lower right flipper pretty often. Not an easy shot, but very doable on my game.

#342 5 years ago

Man, had an awesome game going tonight. I was positive that I was going to kill my high score and just choked. Whirlwind, you tease.

1400380721945.jpg

#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Aeolus7:

Just joined the WW bandwagon. Super excited, very immersive game. Couple WW questions for the group:
1) What playfield pitch do you recommend? 7 degrees? I want difficult but also original
2) LEDs for a non-retina burning experience? Frosted? "retro"? GI? Inserts? Backbox?
3) How "difficult" are your settings? Factory Settings?
4) Is this the correct replacement for the larger black bolts that hold the hinge to the side of the cabinet? I'm missing one:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4322-01139-12B

I have mine somewhere between 6.5 and 7 and it's fast.
I have mine fully LEDed and I love the look. My only problem is the flicker when I hit the ramps. I just leave a little bit of ambient light on.

1 month later
#378 5 years ago

I love the look of the gi in cool white LED's. I have pictures of it on page 3 of this thread. My only problem is that it's like a seizure bomb if you have the room lights off and you hit the right ramp.

#382 5 years ago

Just hit the 3-way combo today. I started multiball from it. Totally caught me by surprise. It's definitely one of the coolest combos in pinball!

3 months later
#421 4 years ago

I put in a CPR playfield and had some trouble also. I was still having balls hit the post below the bumpers or even the ramp sometimes. I wound up bending the inner ball guide out quite a bit and replacing the shooter housing. It (the original housing) had way too much play in it. Now maybe 1 in 10 plunges don't make it all the way around to the flipper.

3 weeks later
#450 4 years ago

I seriously had the game of my life on WW this morning. This is all glass on, three ball, factory settings. Mega Door bonus three times. I think four multiballs. Tolls maxed during ball 1. Every extra ball..I think, I lost count.

Best part is I'm temp trading it to a friend tomorrow. It's like the game is begging me to keep her around. Think it's a sign? Lol
IMAG1869.jpg

1 week later
#466 4 years ago

Chet is your sub bad or are you looking for better sound? If the latter I just hooked up an old surround sound sub and it sounded a ton better. "Feel the power" sounds awesome. Super easy. PM me if you want more info.

3 weeks later
#494 4 years ago

I am out of the club, unfortunately... I love my new (to me) TAF, but I miss WW. See you guys again, hopefully sooner than later! Keep feeling the power of the wind!

4 months later
#643 4 years ago

Any recent word on the second run of playfields?

2 months later
#700 4 years ago

I miss you guys!! I finally got to play one in the wild the other day and put up a pretty decent score. It was nice being back with it for a bit.

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I can tomorrow. Got the unit dangling...

2 weeks later
#716 4 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Anyone know where to find a pf for a reasonable price?

They will be rerun this fall.

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Reasonable price is currently like $1,200

#720 4 years ago

I talked to Kevin. So, very solid. He told me specifically this fall. This was via E-mail a couple of months ago.

1 year later
#1293 3 years ago

I had a powered computer sub hooked up to mine and it made quite a bit of difference. Not trying to sound facetious, but have you tried cranking it up? I had mine up pretty high. The "Feel the power" quote sounded awesome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Danville, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hougie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside