Topic Stats

• 3,045 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by yaksplat
  • Topic is favorited by 154 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 826 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190920_103155 (resized).jpg
E6EC59DD-2570-4E9A-A0B8-2FB9B802EAD1 (resized).jpeg
11416D40-0336-437C-BFA0-CCF26EE18026 (resized).png
20190916_092115 (resized).jpg
20190915_113212 (resized).jpg
20190914_125843 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
ww (resized).PNG
E348C22F-3340-44CC-8858-0AE8241F6FF5 (resized).jpeg
0D98A271-7F16-46C3-B201-08B502057E6B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190912_203457 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Untitled (resized).jpg
image1 (resized).jpg
DSCN4234 (resized).jpg (© Nutty 5.0)
DSCN4646 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#661 4 years ago

Does anyone make metal protectors for the ends of these two plastics to protect right above the targets? My WW will be on location and I just got a new plastic set. I have a feeling these will be broken within a week even if I had the pinbits plastic shields.

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 10.36.30 AM.png

I was thinking something like what is being sold as two-piece set by Mad Amusements to protect the boulders on Whitewater.

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 10.42.28 AM.png

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Just get the Pinbits plastic protectors for everything.WW plastics are prone to a lot of breakage.

Even though the CPR plastics are made of PETG and are stronger, I don't think that that coupled with Pinbits plastic protectors is going to save these two from being broken. They hang out a little over the targets. I'm no machinist so I really don't have a choice but to give it a go, but I was checking here to see if anyone has done anything as drastic to save these plastics.

2 months later
#717 4 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

Anyone know where to find a pf for a reasonable price?

Reasonable price is currently like $1200. I'm gonna hold out for the re-run.

7 months later
#868 3 years ago

Anybody have a lead on one of the white reproduction toppers? I've searched all of the usual vendors.

#872 3 years ago

Thanks, though. I probably should've just bought whysnow's when I bought his ramps last year. Mistakes!

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Give them a call, they can probably tell you when the next batch will be ready

Great idea. I didn't realize that Starship made those. Thanks!

#879 3 years ago

Playfield (relisting of the one that sold for $1500 a couple of weeks before the CPR announcement?) & plastics on eBay.

ebay.com link » Cpr Whirlwind Gold Playfield New In The Box

ebay.com link » Nos Whirlwind Pinball Plastic Set Cpr

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Silly question; do you still have yours? Mine needed some work but refurbed it. Here's a lengthy photo-documentation:
http://www.elephanteater.com/8088
...just a thought. I think mine looks better than new now.

That does look good! Not sure what happened to it, but mine eventually got caulked on with some of the toughest caulk known to man. I assume it's all cracked around the screw holes.

#895 3 years ago

I can tell you that the PinBits protector for that piece didn't hold up on location. What a bitch to get on, too (threads barely go above the plastic with the protector on). Luckily, I noticed before any major damage was done and got a lexan washer under there.

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

What post(s) did you put washers on? I was going to get the pinbits set specifically for that part.

The one next to the third drop target (power) which is basically what you pound into when you miss the ramp shot. Held up fine in the wild with washer.

#902 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I designed/cnc machined all my WW protectors out of 1/16 polycarbonate.
I've never seen/heard of any of my protectors breaking.

Location pinball is a totally different beast & this particular plastic is just prone to a beating. Had the protector not been there, I'm sure my plastic would have busted. Hell, I've even had a few Cliffy protectors fail on me after a while. Things just wear out from the abuse of thousands of plays. I'd buy again, but I'd just reinforce this particular spot in a non-home environment. Thankfully, it's off-route now awaiting a playfield.

image_(resized).jpeg

#907 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

If your game is home use, you may not need to worry about it. Barron's is out on route.

Yes. I wouldn't be concerned in a home use setting. I was talking about a pin in a very high volume location & was only suggesting doubling up in some fashion on that one particular post since you'd have the game apart. Better safe than sorry.

#908 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I purchased indypinhead's custom protectors for my BSD- they look great and seem stronger than the typical protectors. I would absolutely love to buy a set for Whirlwind. Maybe if there is enough demand he'd produce a run of sets. Anyone else needing these?

Oh... I thought he was saying he WAS Pinbits.

#920 3 years ago

The plastic above the three skill shot drop targets.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside