17120147714183511058491698968279 (resized).jpg
17120147133684342295711183751853 (resized).jpg
17120146816654026590663874873131 (resized).jpg
1711971576349821576825836127955.jpg
17119715507093168227299707841971.jpg
20240127_165338 (resized).jpg
20240127_165404 (resized).jpg
20240328_180122.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bailorgana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2178 5 years ago

Hey all.
New club member. Usual broken plastics. Don't really want to order a full set. Almost all of the plastic is good, including the slings.
I ordered cliffy's and protectors, but buying a full set seems like a waste. I really only need like 5-6 new pieces.
Advice?

#2200 5 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

let me know which parts you want, maybe i have something for sale.

Here are the ones I need. Thanks in advance.

WHIRLWIND_PLASTICS_BROKEN (resized).JPGWHIRLWIND_PLASTICS_BROKEN (resized).JPG

#2202 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I have needed that plastic with the tractor on it for years now. I finished my resto years ago before the last set was produced. Of course they decide to re release it again AFTER I had scoured the globe to buy all of the other pieces!!

Should I just buy the full set?

#2207 5 years ago

Hey guys, anyone have LED recommendations? I want to put LEDs in for the BP (Back Panel) thunder and lightning #906 flashers as well as the #555's under the pop bumper caps. Thoughts?

#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

I used the bendable flashers from comet and pointed them down, not as bright in your face but still lights up the lightning well.

I assume everyone is using white?

#2211 5 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

I have yellow behind the cloud and red behind the lightning. I meant to get white, looks kinda neat though. Maybe get some white or blue for the middle and right side of it later.

Why did you have to point them down? Just curious.

1 week later
#2223 5 years ago

OK, I'm considering a full LED set, anyone have a favorite vendor?

#2226 5 years ago

I was also thinking about just doing the GI has anyone ever done that?

#2232 5 years ago

Cointaker $234.95 Premium Non-Ghosting

Pinballbulbs $224.95 Ultimate "Note: as part of the install of this game for flashers, you will need to remove the warming resistors which is standard for system 11 game."

Comet doesn't have a kit yet. What do you guys think and did you have to remove the resistors on yours??? Have to say I'm leaning torwards Pinballbulbs right now. I don't trust companies who can't spell "components" (see image) lol.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#2235 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Kits are dumb, buy bulbs in bulk from Comet, its cheaper, and the bulbs are better.
No, there's no resistors to remove, this is the modification you need to do for LED flashers to work properly on a System 11 B/C game... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-led-flashers-to-system-11-games

What kind of bulbs would you recommend from Comet for this game? I'm an LED noob.

#2237 5 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-led-guide-for-dummies-like-me#post-2802604
here is a list a fellow pinsider put together for his whirlwind using comet bulbs

A LOT of these are out of stock - what the heck...

#2238 5 years ago

Some changes made to the list based on discussion with Comet and some bulbs being discontinued - what do you guys think?

LEDs needed for CONTROLLED LAMPS/INSERTS:
1 SMD 6.3V AC/DC SUPREME BRIGHTNESS NON GHOSTING BULB
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050ng.htm

Bayonet FROSTED:
2 - Warm White - (Middle Standup, Shoot again)
1 - Green - (LOCK (Right Ramp))
6 - Natural White - (2 TOLLS (Right Ramp), RELEASE (left Ramp), SHOT (Skill Shot Right), SKILL (Skill Shot Middle), SUPER (Skill Shot Left), Spinner)
3 – Red - (MILLION PLUS (L Ramp), NE (R Standup-R Ramp)) (Left Cellar Sign)
3 - Orange/Amber - (MILLION (Left Ramp), SE (Right Loop), SE (Right Standup Target))
1 - Yellow (Right Cellar Sign)

Bayonet, CLEAR:
2 - Warm White (NW (Left Standup), NW (L Standup-R Ramp)

Wedge FROSTED:
18 - Natural White (Top Drop 50K, Top Drop 75K, Top Drop 100K, Top Drop 150K, Toll 1, Toll 2, Toll 3, Toll 4, Toll 5, 2X, 3X) (All Backglass Awards (Up Jets On, 250K, Ex. Ball On, 3-Bank 100K, 500K, Lite Million, Low Jets On))
7 - Orange/Amber (Top Drop QUICK, SE Compass Arrow, Toll 30, Toll 20, Toll 10, 4X, 5X)
1 - Warm White (NW Compass Arrow)
3 – Green (SW Compass Arrow, SW (Left Loop), SW (Inner Loop Arrow))
7 – Red (SPECIAL (Left Outlane), SPECIAL (Right Outlane), Top Drop Ex. Ball, NE Compass Arrow, NE (Left Return Lane), 6X Lites Ex. Ball, 6X Lites Special)

6 LED 6.3V AC/DC BRILLIANT CRYSTAL FAN SHAPE LED http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/6smdfan.htm
Wedge:
3 - Red (Right Top Jet Bumper, Left Top Jet Bumper, Lower Top Jet Bumper)
3 - Warm White (Left Bottom Jet Bumper, Top Bottom Jet Bumper, Right Bottom Jet Bumper,

4 SMD 6.3V AC/DC SUPREME BRIGHTNESS NON GHOSTING *EXCLUSIVE* http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/4smd3528-ng.htm
Wedge:
4 - Natural White (S Compass Arrow, W Compass Arrow, N Compass Arrow, E Compass Arrow)

LEDs needed for GI LIGHTS:
1 SMD 6.3V AC/DC SUPREME BRIGHTNESS 5050 BULB
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050.htm
Bayonet, Frosted:
58 - Natural White (21 playfield GI, 35 Required for Backbox GI, 2 Required for coin door)
Wedge Frosted:
5 - Natural White (behind lightning cloud in back of cabinet)

FLASHERS
#906 FLASHER
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflash.htm
10 - Natural White (3x Lightning Cloud in back of cabinet, Million, Compass, Spinner, Upper Jets, Lower Jets, 3-Drop Target, Middle Target)
5 – Red (Bottom Rt, Ramp Top, Ramp Upper Middle, Ramp Lower Middle, Ramp Bottom (inside domes)

1 month later
#2284 5 years ago

Hi everyone...

I purchased a new plastic set from Bay Area Amusements (Planetary)

My set has a piece 31-1006-574-4-SP (Image 3 pictured) missing a hole.
You can even see where the hole was supposed to be punched when you shine a light thru.

Images 1 & 2 are from my original piece, which had a black plastic post and a cloud mounted on it (circled in red from the set).

Can you guys please let me know what your games look like? Include photos where possible.

On another note, how did you guys handle the black plastic posts that kind of pop into the plastics and lock? The don't appear reusable and were not included in the set.

Personally, I find this odd that he wants me to drill my plastic and that this hasn't ever come up before?

Thanks!

---------------Rick's response------------------

Hi Adam, this is rick the owner responding to your issue. I looked at the part and the blueprints (see picture from original WMS blueprint for that part) which call for only 3 holes. So, the 'correct' part has only 3 holes, and this is what all the sets are made to (note that we have been selling these for several years and yours is the first with an issue on this part regarding missing holes). We also used example sets off original games to verify the sets before production, and again, 3 holes on the ones we had.

So, what is the reason? We've been doing this a long time, and there are a few causes
a) Someone modified the game and installed an extra post (usually for ball traps, etc)
b) There were multiple variations when produced (sometimes two different producers, etc)
c) Possibly some error at Williams regarding blueprints (unlikely as we have had no other issues reported on this part).

SO, that is the background - any of the options above are more common that we would like, and creates headaches for everyone. At least in this case it is a missing hole vs an extra hole which is more of a problem.

The best solution that I can think of is to simply yourself or someone with a drill mark and drill the missing hole, as otherwise there is no good solution on this. A simple drilling of the hole will rectify the problem and it is the most simple thing to do.

Please let us know.
Thanks,
Rick

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPGimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpeg
#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Mine also don't have this hole. i drill it via dremel

Well it should be there, need to fix this so others don't have this problem in the future, yes?

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

It isn't a load bearing hole... if my plastics don't have it, I may just leave it be... you can't really see that area very well due to the ramp.

Rick told me to drill it myself and if I ruined my plastic he would replace it.

Still doesn't change the fact that he thinks what he is selling isn't wrong. What blows me away is that the replacement plastics include the little cloud. If there isn't a hole, how are you supposed to install the replacement could you just bought? That right there tells me this set is incorrect. Plus, the protectors I bought from Marco have the hole.

3 weeks later
#2312 5 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I had the same thing happening to me but had some Titan rubbers handy. I stuck them on and haven't had a problem since.

What size did you use for your slings? The ones I bought were too tight.

1 month later
#2359 5 years ago

Will a NTE 3.9-Ohm, 5-Watt, 5% Tolerance, Wire Wound, Power Resistor work the same as a 4-Ohm, 5-Watt, 10% Tolerance Ceramic Resistor? Trying to fix my flashers on the left side of the back box board. Nothing appears to be available w/ 10% tolerance as shown in the video. The part number he says to order shows 5%.... confusing!

What this guy says I need to order and will cost $10!
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/280-CR5-4.0-RC

What I can get in town here:
https://www.frys.com/product/471935

4 months later
#2619 5 years ago

Does anyone know when the bulbs underneath the flashers go off in the lightning plastic in the back? I've never seen them lit.

#2624 5 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

They should be on all the time with the GI then they come on late some times for certain lighting effects.

Well that sucks - mine aren’t on. It appears that the connection is not connected, It was floating loose in the back of the box. It’s like a purple and white and a white and purple wire. I can’t find anything to connect to that matches. Can someone please post a picture of the connection for the power on the back of the lightning cloud board?

1 week later
#2635 5 years ago

I’m getting two balls in the shooter lane when I have one ball locked. I checked all the trough and lock lane switches they’re all testing good with the switch edges test. I cannot figure out what the heck is going on and I happens almost every time. However this is the only time this happens. Help! Thanks in advance!

#2644 5 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Any chance you've loaded one too many balls into the pin?

nope. got the right balls (3).

#2645 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Check your switches with ball and not our finger, maybe the switch isn’t seeing it with a ball only.

Yep, totally did that too.

#2647 5 years ago

So, this was it. Although I don't think it was a grounding issue. I think that the switch was getting stuck on the eject mech. It was pretty much touching it. I bent it so it wasn't touching. Problem solved. I tried to replicate a grounding contact issue by pushing the wire to touch the eject mech and it didn't cause the ball to come out early. Any case, thanks for all the help everyone!

1 week later
#2683 5 years ago

So I’m finally working on the last two issues on my game. The first one is that I have now bought two springs from two different places and I still can’t get the ball to go all the way back around to the flipper. It seems kind of odd - the first I bought was from bay area amusements and it seemed week the second spring from Marco is also seeming kind of weak, it only good gets it up to the bumpers and I’m wondering if it’s the spring or is it the lane guide? Somebody told me I might need a certain kind of spring? Advice?

The other issue is that my spinner is not registering. I got a brand new switch and the switch works perfectly if I touch it but the action of the spinner is not making the switch engage. Does anyone have any advice on this and could people please post pictures of their spinner and underneath how the switch is connected to the spinner? I’m wondering if I’m missing a part?

1 week later
#2698 5 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

So I’m finally working on the last two issues on my game. The first one is that I have now bought two springs from two different places and I still can’t get the ball to go all the way back around to the flipper. It seems kind of odd - the first I bought was from bay area amusements and it seemed week the second spring from Marco is also seeming kind of weak, it only good gets it up to the bumpers and I’m wondering if it’s the spring or is it the lane guide? Somebody told me I might need a certain kind of spring? Advice?
The other issue is that my spinner is not registering. I got a brand new switch and the switch works perfectly if I touch it but the action of the spinner is not making the switch engage. Does anyone have any advice on this and could people please post pictures of their spinner and underneath how the switch is connected to the spinner? I’m wondering if I’m missing a part?

self bump - what do you guys think?

1 month later
#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Besides a topper I'm also looking for a full set of plastics. If you have them laying around let me know.

I recently did a full swap. I have the old ones. Most of the expected broken ones are broken tho.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bailorgana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-club-members-only?tu=bailorgana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.