Topic Stats

• 3,436 posts
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 918 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8EC6C8F5-48B6-4423-BFE7-163E34F0ADB7 (resized).jpeg
30087ce9277409115ce9cf696e6fdca47c06e058 (resized).jpg
2AFAD1B3-5AA8-4D50-981F-813409038E50 (resized).png
2a02ed5cad5a588d9c09dae8409445bfa75953d9 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191009_195729 (resized).jpg
20200307_174015_HDR (resized).jpg
20200307_171955 (resized).jpg
20200307_172002 (resized).jpg
20200307_172050 (resized).jpg
657CE288-645F-49D3-A0A6-62FF21321982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200224_153226 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2020-02-23-13-55-37 (resized).png
052a7d02fe4564d0f28c0489e7b97d18ab8bf9d9 (resized).jpg
5441FC8B-EE9C-46F2-8A99-6213958D9956 (resized).jpeg
F144F44B-5C5B-4D5B-ADFB-02A308715EBB (resized).jpeg
3F5E9BCE-7A46-4B54-9A84-F5641CA19827 (resized).jpeg

There are 3436 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 69.
#3401 18 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I just did this myself a few days ago. Lift the playfield. Look at the backside of the spinning disks. There should be some nuts you turn to raise/lower them. As a matter of fact there should literally be instructions taped to the area beside the disks on how to do this. Good luck!

This sounds legit

#3402 18 days ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

This sounds legit

From the pinside gallery. That sticker on the lower right of the gearbox is instructions on how to do this.

2a02ed5cad5a588d9c09dae8409445bfa75953d9 (resized).jpg
#3403 17 days ago

Lol, never noticed that. Thanks! All good!

#3404 13 days ago

picked up a whirlwind a month or so ago and just getting to it. No topper, motor, or fan was present. It does have the fan board. I can order everything from Marco, but there is no wiring harness on the motor. Can some send me a picture or diagram of what the wiring harness and connector look like?

#3405 13 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

Can some send me a picture or diagram of what the wiring harness and connector look like?

Check post # 308 in this thread. I went through the same thing 5 years ago starting at post # 300

#3406 13 days ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Check post # 308 in this thread. I went through the same thing 5 years ago starting at post # 300

thank you sir

#3407 11 days ago

Hello WW club! I'm a new-ish owner of this magnificent machine and have what might be a rather naive question, but need to ask anyway. So the previous owner put in pinballpro speakers, and from visual inspection, does not appear to have been wired up correctly - based on my own installation of this brand of speakers on other system 11 machines.

Anyway, if I'm playing a longer game, scoring 10M+ points, I've notice that the volume of music and sfx is low at the start of the game and progressively gets louder as the game goes on. My question is - is this by design from software, or am I possibly dealing with a speaker wiring issue that I need to correct?

I own several other system 11s (big guns, cyclone, BK2K) and have never seen a game's volume get progressively louder during a game, thus the question to the WW experts out there.

Thanks in advance!

#3408 11 days ago
Quoted from Initiative:

Hello WW club! I'm a new-ish owner of this magnificent machine and have what might be a rather naive question, but need to ask anyway. So the previous owner put in pinballpro speakers, and from visual inspection, does not appear to have been wired up correctly - based on my own installation of this brand of speakers on other system 11 machines.
Anyway, if I'm playing a longer game, scoring 10M+ points, I've notice that the volume of music and sfx is low at the start of the game and progressively gets louder as the game goes on. My question is - is this by design from software, or am I possibly dealing with a speaker wiring issue that I need to correct?
I own several other system 11s (big guns, cyclone, BK2K) and have never seen a game's volume get progressively louder during a game, thus the question to the WW experts out there.
Thanks in advance!

It's not by design. If it's inconsistent, the volume pot can get flaky (located left side inside cabinet).

#3409 11 days ago

I believe I have a new set of plastics that I could sell. I'm located in Fort Wayne, IN. Hit me up if you're interested on PM

#3410 10 days ago

Archived after 2 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Contributed to Pinside
Mod - For Sale
New “- Whirlwind under cabinet interactive LED kit (brand new) - This is a custom kit made by Rock Customs Pinball - Directly plugs into pinball board in backbox (No alligator clips!!)...”
2020-03-26
Howell, MI
74 (Firm)

#3412 8 days ago

Hi there- anyone have the instructions to the rockcustompinball light mod that they could take a picture and send to me? Noticed the instructions aren't on rockcustompinball's website and I'm struggling to see where to connect the connectors to. Thank you in advance!

#3413 8 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Mod - For Sale

Sold

Whirlwind under cabinet interactive LED kit (brand new)

New “- Whirlwind under cabinet interactive LED kit (brand new)
- This is a custom kit made by Rock Customs Pinball
- Directly plugs into pinball board in backbox (No alligator clips!!)...”

74 (Firm)

Mark sale pending
Edit ad details
End ad listing

#3414 8 days ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Hi there- anyone have the instructions to the rockcustompinball light mod that they could take a picture and send to me? Noticed the instructions aren't on rockcustompinball's website and I'm struggling to see where to connect the connectors to. Thank you in advance!

Which lighting mod? He offers a few different ones.

#3416 8 days ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Which lighting mod? He offers a few different ones.

Good point. The lighted topped mod.

#3417 8 days ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

All set guys- thank you!

#3418 7 days ago

Mod - For Sale
Used, fair condition “For sale is an original Whirlwind topper. As you can see in the pictures, it has one repaired crack on the front and one crack that’s not repaired on the front (tough to notice ...”
8 days ago
Howell, MI

#3419 3 days ago

Yeah, so I hammered off TWO - 3 Way Combos this evening. Big deal, I once went probably 8 months without one for sure, so pretty pumped

#3420 3 days ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yeah, so I hammered off TWO - 3 Way Combos this evening. Big deal, I once went probably 8 months without one for sure, so pretty pumped

So very satisfying!!

#3421 2 days ago

I usually end up losing the ball after a 3 way combo. The sound always catches me off guard and it so rarely happens.

#3422 2 days ago

Showoff!

Man, I can't remember the last time I got the 3WC. Multiple years. But I've got multiple super-cellars in one game, a couple tollway payoffs, and other "big achievements" in that time so it's not like I'm terrible per se? Probably just too old with no more hyper-reaction time...

#3423 2 days ago

Looking for a set of sling plastics, as well as non-smooth, or original disc decals (as mentioned earlier in the thread, I purchased reproductions and they have little to no texture like the originals). While the decals might be a long shot, let me know if you have a sheet in your parts stash!

#3424 1 day ago

Looking for this plastic for a friend, any leads on where to search would be greatly appreciated. (Found one, thanks)
2AFAD1B3-5AA8-4D50-981F-813409038E50 (resized).png.

#3425 1 day ago

Maybe it's just the jarring difference of the LEDs after the swap, but is the game supposed to flash and dim that much when hitting skyway tolls? It's to the point now where I almost lose my concentration for a second there's so much "bright to darkness" for these couple seconds. Same thing with earning extra ball. Maybe just something I never noticed before, wondering if anyone else feels that way especially after an LED switch.

I love my whirlwind, I just wish it hadn't gotten so beat up on the route before I rescued it and brought it home 15ish years ago.

#3426 1 day ago
Quoted from bbddpp:

Maybe it's just the jarring difference of the LEDs after the swap, but is the game supposed to flash and dim that much when hitting skyway tolls? It's to the point now where I almost lose my concentration for a second there's so much "bright to darkness" for these couple seconds. Same thing with earning extra ball. Maybe just something I never noticed before, wondering if anyone else feels that way especially after an LED switch.

I ended up disabling the GI relay for the lower playfield. The way the lights flickered when you shot the ramp was just too much.

You could also buy a GI OCD I guess?

#3427 1 day ago

I must be terrible at WW, because I didn’t even remember what the 3-way convo is. Any insight out there? Thanks all!

#3428 1 day ago

Right flipper shot through left orbit arriving at upper right flipper, shooting on the fly the inner orbit, then again with upper right flipper to left ramp.

Greatly satisfying, awesome audio, poor reward, only 250k

#3429 1 day ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I must be terrible at WW, because I didn’t even remember what the 3-way convo is. Any insight out there? Thanks all!

1.Left orbit to upper flipper
2.upper flipper to upper orbit around pops
3.upper flipper to left ramp

#3430 1 day ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Looking for this plastic for a friend, any leads on where to search would be greatly appreciated. (Found, thanks)
[quoted image].

i might have one, ill dig them out

#3431 1 day ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I’ve owned the game for 7 years and have never done it.
My wife has played it once in the last 2 years. Nailed it on ball 1.
I give up.

#3432 1 day ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I ended up disabling the GI relay for the lower playfield. The way the lights flickered when you shot the ramp was just too much.
You could also buy a GI OCD I guess?

Thanks didn’t even the G.I. OCD was a thing. Is the relay software set? That may be something I’ll look into tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration.

#3433 17 hours ago
Quoted from bbddpp:

Thanks didn’t even the G.I. OCD was a thing. Is the relay software set? That may be something I’ll look into tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration.

I think the system 11 GI ocd works by just using some big capacitors to help smooth things out. Never actually had one though but I've heard good things.

#3434 10 hours ago

alright, I got me a full topper assembly. The fan motor did not come with wiring harness. Looks like to 2 wires go from motor to board. Does it matter which wire goes to which lug on the motor?

I attached a picture I found on the forum.

30087ce9277409115ce9cf696e6fdca47c06e058 (resized).jpg
#3435 8 hours ago
Quoted from woody76:

alright, I got me a full topper assembly. The fan motor did not come with wiring harness. Looks like to 2 wires go from motor to board. Does it matter which wire goes to which lug on the motor?
I attached a picture I found on the forum.[quoted image]

Polarity should not matter.

8EC6C8F5-48B6-4423-BFE7-163E34F0ADB7 (resized).jpeg
#3436 4 hours ago
Quoted from BenB:

Polarity should not matter.[quoted image]

I could be wrong.. but perhaps the polarity will direct the fan motor forwards or backwards

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Nanuet, NY
There are 3436 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 69.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside