Topic Stats

• 3,043 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by jhanley
  • Topic is favorited by 154 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 826 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190920_103155 (resized).jpg
E6EC59DD-2570-4E9A-A0B8-2FB9B802EAD1 (resized).jpeg
11416D40-0336-437C-BFA0-CCF26EE18026 (resized).png
20190916_092115 (resized).jpg
20190915_113212 (resized).jpg
20190914_125843 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
ww (resized).PNG
E348C22F-3340-44CC-8858-0AE8241F6FF5 (resized).jpeg
0D98A271-7F16-46C3-B201-08B502057E6B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190912_203457 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Untitled (resized).jpg
image1 (resized).jpg
DSCN4234 (resized).jpg (© Nutty 5.0)
DSCN4646 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)

There are 3043 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 61.
#251 5 years ago

thanks john,i like your method of marking the socket locations. saves a lot of guess work. thanks again joe

#252 5 years ago

Can I join the club? and so is there some sort of proof of ownership needed in the form of a photo?
I also own an Earthshaker pin so they pretty much fit together....

#253 5 years ago

looking for a good example of WW to go beside Rudy. Anyone close to BC has a real good example they want to part with i would be interested ! PM me

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

I finally made it into the Whirlwind club! Been needing one to go with my ES for a while and scored a clear-coated one today. Playfield is stellar, cab is a bit rough but hey, you don't play that.

IMG_0009.jpg 350 KB

Nice topper on the Earthshaker! pin. Is this an aftermarket piece or a personal arts & crafts project?

#255 5 years ago

Is anyone going to MGC? If so, check out my Whirlwind with a PIG 2 controlled shaker motor in it. It really integrates well with the game play and thunder sound effects. It will be next to the DK Pinball booth.

#256 5 years ago

Well, I am back with more obnoxious newbie questions for you all!

Here is my latest thread.. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-backbox-lights-not-working-and-where-do-these-wires-go

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Is anyone going to MGC? If so, check out my Whirlwind with a PIG 2 controlled shaker motor in it. It really integrates well with the game play and thunder sound effects. It will be next to the DK Pinball booth.

I will check it out for sure. This is a mod I would think about adding to mine...

#258 5 years ago

Allright. I'm nearly done with My WW CPR swap! I'm at the point of tweaking everything so that it plays perfect, but the one thing I can't seem to do is get the plunger lane lined up correctly for a full plunge shot. I know in other posts I've read that a full plunge should go above the ramp and around the upper loop and return to the upper right flipper. On mine, even if I adjust the metal guide it as high as it can go I still can't get the ball to go any higher than the left ramp. It just doesn't seem to line up. It also was this way on my original playfield and I used the same guides/holes in the siderails to install the rails. Can someone look at and compare my pics with their own to see if something is off? I compared mine to the pics on HEP's website and they look pretty much spot on to his. Mine is the top pic and HEP's is the bottom one. The angles/physics of the shot just don't seem to line-up with that green loop lane on either? -It just seems to be way too high? thanks!
Mike

wwplunge.jpg wwplungeHEP.jpg
#259 5 years ago

Here's one more shot of my game

wwloop.jpg
#260 5 years ago

I plan to be a lifelong member of this club -- WW is the best!

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Seconded.

Hit your 3-way combo today. Don't stop until you hear that siren...

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Allright. I'm nearly done with My WW CPR swap! I'm at the point of tweaking everything so that it plays perfect, but the one thing I can't seem to do is get the plunger lane lined up correctly for a full plunge shot. I know in other posts I've read that a full plunge should go above the ramp and around the upper loop and return to the upper right flipper. On mine, even if I adjust the metal guide it as high as it can go I still can't get the ball to go any higher than the left ramp. It just doesn't seem to line up.

wwplungeHEP.jpg 59 KB

I added washers to one side of my plunger assembly (to straighten it up) and shaved off a bit of the post rubber at the tip of the guide. This seemed to help with mine. I still occasionally get a ball that will go part of the way up the ramp but most follow the orbit now.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Allright. I'm nearly done with My WW CPR swap! I'm at the point of tweaking everything so that it plays perfect, but the one thing I can't seem to do is get the plunger lane lined up correctly for a full plunge shot. I know in other posts I've read that a full plunge should go above the ramp and around the upper loop and return to the upper right flipper. On mine, even if I adjust the metal guide it as high as it can go I still can't get the ball to go any higher than the left ramp. It just doesn't seem to line up. It also was this way on my original playfield and I used the same guides/holes in the siderails to install the rails. Can someone look at and compare my pics with their own to see if something is off? I compared mine to the pics on HEP's website and they look pretty much spot on to his. Mine is the top pic and HEP's is the bottom one. The angles/physics of the shot just don't seem to line-up with that green loop lane on either? -It just seems to be way too high? thanks!
Mike

wwplunge.jpg 134 KB

wwplungeHEP.jpg 59 KB

Check your plunger and make sure it's hitting the ball right in the middle. I had some issues too and adjusted the plunger mount. It was hitting the top of the ball a bit too much.

#264 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I actually took the post rubber (below the UR flipper) off last night to see if it would make a difference and it did not... It sounds like the next step is adjusting the plunger assembly to see if that will make a difference. I still think the metal guide just flat out doesn't look like it's supposed to line up for the orbit shot. I may have to take the rail off and see if I can modify the geometry of it at all to make it work?

Ran, Let me know if you want to stop by one of these nights after work for a little bit to check it out. The game is fully playing now and it wouldn't hurt to have an extra set of eyes and also someone that is very familiar with the game to help me dial in the last couple of adjustments.

thanks,
Mike

#265 5 years ago

Another question? Anyone know where to get nice custom cards for Whirlwind? I usually download cards of Pinzach's site but the Whirlwind cards don't appear to be loading anymore? I have a good photo printer/paper at home, so I just need the files. thanks!

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I agree!!!

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Another question? Anyone know where to get nice custom cards for Whirlwind? I usually download cards of Pinzach's site but the Whirlwind cards don't appear to be loading anymore? I have a good photo printer/paper at home, so I just need the files. thanks!

I think I have some nice ones if you can't find them. PM me your email address.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from shanetastic:

I think I have some nice ones if you can't find them. PM me your email address.

Thanks, and PM Sent!

#269 5 years ago

Pretty much the best game ever...

#270 5 years ago

Actually, here is a link to what I have... not sure why it says 4 ball on the free play one. I modified mine in photoshop to say 3 balls.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/card/whirl2.png
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/whilrinst.png

If you like these, but want a 3 ball version I can send you my modified copy. If you are comfortable modifying the one that says 4 ball, then you are good to go!

#271 5 years ago

If you could send me the 3 ball version that would be great! - My editing skills aren't the best and it would save me some time

#272 5 years ago

Here's what I'm using...
left-insert-184.jpg
right-insert-467.jpg

#273 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thanks guys. I actually took the post rubber (below the UR flipper) off last night to see if it would make a difference and it did not... It sounds like the next step is adjusting the plunger assembly to see if that will make a difference. I still think the metal guide just flat out doesn't look like it's supposed to line up for the orbit shot. I may have to take the rail off and see if I can modify the geometry of it at all to make it work?
Ran, Let me know if you want to stop by one of these nights after work for a little bit to check it out. The game is fully playing now and it wouldn't hurt to have an extra set of eyes and also someone that is very familiar with the game to help me dial in the last couple of adjustments.
thanks,
Mike

Sounds like a plan. I'll text you. And let me know if you need me to bring any parts.

#274 5 years ago

Thanks Zippy! Between you and Shanetastic I'm now good to go on cards.

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Mike

wwplunge.jpg 134 KB

wwplungeHEP.jpg 59 KB

Ranhorton stopped by last night and we figured out the shooter lane issue as to why it wasn't launching around the orbit. It was simply an adjustment to the inner-most shooter lane guide rail. I should have taken pictures but basically we took the rail out of the machine and gave it a bit of a bend near the top of the rail towards the outside rail (to the right) to line up closer to the orange line on the shooter lane. All the adjustments I made prior were to the outside rail using the screw adjustment which didn't correct my problem.

Just thought I'd post this in case others were having issues. In summary try to get your rails to line up as close as possible to the orange/white border on the lane.

#276 5 years ago

Pinball decals has a nice set for $14.99
http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/WW_Page.html

I know it seems high but they look great and there's no fuss. Just pay and they arrive!
There's no pic but they have the black background.

#277 5 years ago

I have missed a couple of months but I'm back baby. Best score to date.

1396650078434.jpg

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I have missed a couple of months but I'm back baby. Best score to date.

1396650078434.jpg 26 KB

Holy sh!t
That's a score.
Well done player.

#279 5 years ago

I have a switch question for you folks. I just started re-assembly of my pf and noticed the top right eject switch (switch #43 - green/blue; white/orange) has the green/blue attached to the common lug and the white/orange is wired to the normally closed lug . I haven't checked every other switch (yet) so I can't say for sure this is the only one wired differently but on the other ones I did check the column wires - green/xx - attach to the normally closed lug and the row wires - white/xx - attach to the common lug. Is this how your switch #43 is wired?

Post edited by mac622: Detail was incorrect

#280 5 years ago

I should mention the eject functioned normally before teardown so it was working wired that way. Here is a pic of it before teardown:photo (3).jpg

#281 5 years ago

I may have missed a previous post, but has anyone put the mirrored back glass from CPR in their game yet? If so, what do you think?

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I may have missed a previous post, but has anyone put the mirrored back glass from CPR in their game yet? If so, what do you think?

It's just OK. The mirror bits look nice, but overall, I think I prefer the original trans.

#283 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

but has anyone put the mirrored back glass from CPR in their game yet? If so, what do you think?

I have a CPR second that I will trade for a NOS or perfect condition translight. I bought it off ebay from a guy that won it at a tourney and don't much care for it. Have pics if needed.

#284 5 years ago

New member of this club! Picked one up a few weeks ago. Now I've got some questions. Everything was working great until last night. I was playing and had one ball locked. That ball got kicked out, the knocker went off, and then my game was over. So I turned it off and back on and now it says I have a mid target and top target switch error and a R. Ramp up error. I can start a game but the targets don't reset and the ball doesn't go to the shooter lane. Blown fuse maybe? This is my first pin so I'm still learning the ropes.

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from shoemakesmusic:

New member of this club! Picked one up a few weeks ago. Now I've got some questions. Everything was working great until last night. I was playing and had one ball locked. That ball got kicked out, the knocker went off, and then my game was over. So I turned it off and back on and now it says I have a mid target and top target switch error and a R. Ramp up error. I can start a game but the targets don't reset and the ball doesn't go to the shooter lane. Blown fuse maybe? This is my first pin so I'm still learning the ropes.

You can check the fuses, but I'd start by looking for a broken wire and/or diode off any of those switches and find out if the issues is on the same switch matrix. Also make sure nothing is shorted out like a diode touching something it shouldn't, etc. Hoping it's something stupid.

#286 5 years ago

Upon further review, I found that Fuse 5 is blown and none of my coils are firing. Should I replace it and see what happens? Do I need to check more closely to see if something obvious caused this?

Also, can these fuses be bought at local hardware store or online only?

thanks for the help.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from shoemakesmusic:

Upon further review, I found that Fuse 5 is blown and none of my coils are firing. Should I replace it and see what happens? Do I need to check more closely to see if something obvious caused this?
Also, can these fuses be bought at local hardware store or online only?
thanks for the help.

A discussion about fuses here...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-slow-blow-vs-mdl-fuses

They are about $1 a pop from Radio Shack when in a pinch, but they won't have every one in stock there. They have slow blow fuses there too. I tend to buy them online from the various pinball retailers.
-mof

#288 5 years ago

thanks, mof! I'll check them out, there is one close by.

#289 5 years ago

Further troubleshooting my problem: I replaced Fuse 4 on the AUX Pwr Driver Board. It was blown. Checked it with a meter. When I power on now, I get a report of Switch 26,27,28,29 need to be checked. Those are all in the same column. I also get a R. Ramp Up Error. Also upon power up, I can hear and see that Relay 1 is clicking on and off which is on the AUX power driver board.

I've been trying to trace all the wires that are associated with these switches. I haven't found any obvious loose wires or broken solder joints. I'm kind of stuck as to where to go from here.

If I need to post this in a new topic, just let me know. Just hoping that you guys who are familiar with this game could possibly point me to some other things I could look at. This is my first rodeo, so I apologize if I'm asking ridiculously dumb questions.

New discovery: on the switch test it flashes AC Relay C side 06 02.

-Thomas

#290 5 years ago

Does anyone else have any issue with the flasher sockets falling out on new Pinballinc ramps due to vibration when playing? I even tried new clear lamp sockets and a couple of these keep popping out during gameplay. I think it's probably due to the thicker ramps, but it would be nice to find a solution so I don't have to keep snapping these back in between games.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Does anyone else have any issue with the flasher sockets falling out on new CPR ramps due to vibration when playing? I even tried new clear lamp sockets and a couple of these keep popping out during gameplay. I think it's probably due to the thicker ramps, but it would be nice to find a solution so I don't have to keep snapping these back in between games.

I had one doing it. My solution was a small drop of super glue.

#292 5 years ago

Fyi, there seems to be a decent one on eBay in cali. I have no association to the seller but it looks ok.

#293 5 years ago

Looking for some help figuring out where this wire goes. My backbox is only half lit up, (upper string is out, right side string is out (both strings have tan/brown wires))

This wire leads from the backbox down to.. NOWHERE! help!moar wires.jpgwires.jpg

#294 5 years ago

Probably goes to that relay up top there,looks like a hack job on the plug.

#295 5 years ago

Will never sell my WW. Best system 11 pin!!

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I can't seem to do is get the plunger lane lined up correctly for a full plunge shot.

Its probably not safe to assume your playfield is square in the cabinet. You might find if you measure up the playfield mounts that they are slightly out.

1 week later
#297 5 years ago

Anybody know where I can get replacements for these little red domes? Or at least a fix that's not just gluing them directly on to the ramp?

sad little guy.jpg
#298 5 years ago

The red dome looks fine. You need the clear piece it attaches to...

You can get both parts from just about any vendor.

Find the part numbers in the manual and plug them into the search engine of your favorite vendor and order them up..

#299 5 years ago

Who woulda thought, the manual.

#300 5 years ago

Count me in please. OK, I recently picked up a pretty decent whirlwind, but somebody robbed the topper. I have already ordered what I could, which is the cloud with decals, fan motor, fan blade. I know at least there is a motor mount that probably will need to be fabricated. Anything else to it? I see a 2 lead plug dangling in the back box. (by back box key) Is that all of the electrics to it? Great pin!

DSCF4437.JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
There are 3043 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 61.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside