Topic Stats

• 2,940 posts
  • 323 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 154 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 786 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190815_180345 (resized).jpg
20190804_150315 (resized).jpg
20170924_001356 (resized).jpg
sy11rb1_a03a (resized).jpg
20180506_201111 (resized).jpg
k (resized).PNG
IMG_20190804_213034 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190804_171604 (resized).jpg
74D7149E-477F-4937-B723-EF2B0C09EBEA (resized).jpeg
20190802_223221 (resized).jpg
20190802_223304 (resized).jpg
ww (resized).jpg
20190710_221746 (resized).jpg
A0991078-054B-4A19-B0D0-0A64F7BF39D2 (resized).jpeg
F93A6D28-181A-4650-A5E5-98C1D564E272 (resized).jpeg
5F598813-083C-42E4-A2E4-5EBFA4469040 (resized).jpeg

There are 2940 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 59.
#2901 32 days ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Cracked header pins on the inner connect board.

Interconnect board is brand new.

2 weeks later
#2902 17 days ago

Ok I am new here, how do I join the club ... or did I just do it

#2903 17 days ago
Quoted from krahsdnal:

Ok I am new here, how do I join the club ... or did I just do it

Show a pic of your game and it’s official

#2904 17 days ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Show a pic of your game and it’s official

I have had this for about 10 years, played periodically, but now playing much more with my sons.

ww (resized).jpg
#2905 16 days ago

FINALLY finished rebuilding my whirlwind! So glad I can actually play it now.

20190802_223221 (resized).jpg20190802_223304 (resized).jpg
#2906 16 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

FINALLY finished rebuilding my whirlwind! So glad I can actually play it now.[quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful job!

#2907 14 days ago
74D7149E-477F-4937-B723-EF2B0C09EBEA (resized).jpeg
#2908 14 days ago

Full overhaul and playfield swap has begun. Time to get that old pinball machine smell out.

IMG_20190804_171604 (resized).jpgIMG_20190804_213034 (resized).jpg
#2909 10 days ago

Ok folks I need some help on my WW pin. You guys have done a beautiful job restoring some WW pins, so I figured I would reach out here for help!

The knocker in the backboard has a wire coming from it w/ the connector but it is just dangling there. Where does it connect? You may have to put it in lay mens terms ... I am good at working with the wiring in my house, but not very good at reading schematics for a pin.

Thanks!

#2910 10 days ago
Quoted from krahsdnal:

Where does it connect? You may have to put it in lay mens terms ...

Yellow/purple and a purple/blue wires.

k (resized).PNG
#2911 10 days ago
Quoted from krahsdnal:

Ok folks I need some help on my WW pin. You guys have done a beautiful job restoring some WW pins, so I figured I would reach out here for help!
The knocker in the backboard has a wire coming from it w/ the connector but it is just dangling there. Where does it connect? You may have to put it in lay mens terms ... I am good at working with the wiring in my house, but not very good at reading schematics for a pin.
Thanks!

There should be an exact match of the connector also coiled up someplace in backbox also then?

#2912 9 days ago
Quoted from krahsdnal:

Thanks!

20180506_201111 (resized).jpg

Full dump of photos if needed:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Tar7MyWSHoPXIImR2

#2913 9 days ago

Thanks All! I don't know how i missed it but the clown that had the machine before me cut the wires to the knocker and they were just hanging there. It was easy when I knew what to look for, I do not know why they didnt just leave the connector there. Anyway, I spliced in wires to connect to the Yellow/Violet and the Purple/Blue and ran them to the knocker. Now everything works.

Love that knock!

Removed free play and it is .25 cents per play, just like the arcades that I remember. I did supply a container of quarters, but the neighborhood kids (and adults) are encouraged to bring their own!

#2914 8 days ago

Hi Whirlwind Owners, I’ve just joined the club this weekend with my first Whirlwind.

In the wheel assembly on my game , the gear that fits directly to the motor shaft is not gripping the shaft at all... so the motor pulses but the wheels don’t turn.

I can see what appears to be 2 x empty screw holes in the gear. The manual doesn’t show a diagram of the assembly.

Can anyone please tell me what type of hardware is used to fix this gear to the shaft?

Do I need to remove the assembly from the game to fix it or can it be done via the hole in the bracket?

Thanks in advance.

Veejay

#2915 8 days ago

Quick question, yesterday I was playing whirlwind with my neighbor and twice the game stopped and said missing pinballs. Any idea why? I assume a switch in the trough but it was weird mid game.

#2916 8 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Quick question, yesterday I was playing whirlwind with my neighbor and twice the game stopped and said missing pinballs. Any idea why? I assume a switch in the trough but it was weird mid game.

Check the ball trough switches.

#2917 8 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yes, check the ball trough switches. The machine knows how many balls are in play and how many to expect in the trough.

#2918 8 days ago

Shows them registering and it hasn’t done it today. I adjusted them a little so hopefully that does the trick

#2919 8 days ago
Quoted from veejay:

Hi Whirlwind Owners, I’ve just joined the club this weekend with my first Whirlwind.
In the wheel assembly on my game , the gear that fits directly to the motor shaft is not gripping the shaft at all... so the motor pulses but the wheels don’t turn.
I can see what appears to be 2 x empty screw holes in the gear. The manual doesn’t show a diagram of the assembly.
Can anyone please tell me what type of hardware is used to fix this gear to the shaft?
Do I need to remove the assembly from the game to fix it or can it be done via the hole in the bracket?
Thanks in advance.
Veejay

There should be 2 set screws in those threaded holes that tighten down onto the shaft. If you can determine the correct size (I can’t remember what size they are) you can just pick up some screws at the hardware store to replace them. Just make sure that you lift the gear a little before you tighten them down so that the screw heads don’t rub on anything preventing them from moving freely.

#2920 7 days ago
Quoted from Jsampel:

There should be 2 set screws in those threaded holes that tighten down onto the shaft. If you can determine the correct size (I can’t remember what size they are) you can just pick up some screws at the hardware store to replace them. Just make sure that you lift the gear a little before you tighten them down so that the screw heads don’t rub on anything preventing them from moving freely.

Thank you, I’ll see what I can do. I notice the parts list in the manual specified a 6x32 set screw for this assembly but doesn’t indicate where it’s used...so that must be it.

#2921 6 days ago

Played a lot of games on it Over the last 3 days. No issues, thanks for the help all. Unfortunately this maybe one we sell to get a Deadpool. I’m having a tough time pulling the trigger on doing that because I love it but the family rarely plays or even at all.

#2922 6 days ago

I am looking for the circuit board on the back of the "door" on the back box. Mine has shorted out only about 1/2 the lights on the back board lightup. Most places on the net that I have found are sold out.

SY11-RB1-A
System 11 24V Solenoid and GI Relay Board

Cross-Reference
OEM P/N # C-11998
PCB # 5768-12243-00

Any help would be appreciated.

sy11rb1_a03a (resized).jpg
#2923 6 days ago

You could just swap out the relay. It'd be a simple fix and much cheaper than the board.

#2924 6 days ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

You could just swap out the relay. It'd be a simple fix and much cheaper than the board.

I will try that first. Thanks!

#2925 6 days ago
Quoted from krahsdnal:

I am looking for the circuit board on the back of the "door" on the back box. Mine has shorted out only about 1/2 the lights on the back board lightup. Most places on the net that I have found are sold out.
SY11-RB1-A
System 11 24V Solenoid and GI Relay Board
Cross-Reference
OEM P/N # C-11998
PCB # 5768-12243-00
Any help would be appreciated.[quoted image]

I had a similar problem once. It turned out to be the connection at the interconnect board. May want to check there before buying anything.

#2926 6 days ago

Shorted or open circuit? I had the same type of issue on my Earthshaker where half the lights didn't work due to open circuit. Poking around with an ohm meter I found 2 open circuits. I was able to do a bog repair and the issue was resolved. Not the prettiest repair, but it is safe and out of sight.
20170924_001356 (resized).jpg

#2927 5 days ago

Have the recent podcast restoration in the lineup. Separated it next to my WOZ....i call it my Kansas Corner. Now to find a decent Twister..lol

20190804_150315 (resized).jpg
#2928 5 days ago
Quoted from Happy81724:this maybe one we sell to get a Deadpool. I’m having a tough time pulling the trigger

Same here lol its one in love but don't play often and the value is a little higher than most of my machines and gets me into something else really nice or close enougj to a newer used stern I could find the rest of the cash without the wife killing me.but then I play a game and that fan kicks in and my fat ass remembers fans are the greatest invention ever.

#2929 5 days ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Shorted or open circuit? I had the same type of issue on my Earthshaker where half the lights didn't work due to open circuit. Poking around with an ohm meter I found 2 open circuits. I was able to do a bog repair and the issue was resolved. Not the prettiest repair, but it is safe and out of sight.
[quoted image]

It is not an open circuit because if I move the board or jiggle the relay then the lights come on and they eventually dim or go out completely

#2930 5 days ago

Sounds like a gap in a connection that slowly separates potentially due to expansion from heat of a resistive load.

Can you narrow it down to a location on a board or socket?

#2931 5 days ago

Difference between an open and a high resistance open. High res open means it's barely touching and probably intermittent, like going in and out with temp changes or wiggling.

#2932 3 days ago

I don't think it'll be that noticable, but radcals match the dull paint color, not the original like you'll see under the legs.

IMG_20190815_180345 (resized).jpg
#2933 3 days ago

I've never seen this happen.

After about 3 minutes the fan & spinners stop or I think it would have stayed there quite a long time.

#2934 3 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

After about 3 minutes the fan & spinners stop or I think it would have stayed there quite a long time.

Looks like you may need to level those spinners from underneath.

#2935 3 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Looks like you may need to level those spinners from underneath.

Or get some new spinner decals with more grip.

#2936 3 days ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

raise your spinners a tad!

#2937 2 days ago

Looks like they need to be lowered to me

#2938 2 days ago

Raised...Lowered.... just make them flush with the playfield.

#2939 16 hours ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Looks like they need to be lowered to me

yeah, what he said! lol

#2940 16 hours ago

reasons f4 fuse would be blowing on power supply, just picked this up today???????

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Danville, VA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 2940 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 59.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside