17120147714183511058491698968279 (resized).jpg
17120147133684342295711183751853 (resized).jpg
17120146816654026590663874873131 (resized).jpg
1711971576349821576825836127955.jpg
17119715507093168227299707841971.jpg
20240127_165338 (resized).jpg
20240127_165404 (resized).jpg
20240328_180122.jpg
There are 5,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 109.
#2801 4 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Welcome to the club. You might find this helpful for a paint color:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TV12ei6xxh1H43s36
If you plan on doing playfield swap, then I would suggest to strip the cabinet, bondo/sand baby butt smooth, then new cabinet decals and paint so you have a better than new cabinet.

What type of paint did you use? Gloss? NY banned oil based paint...

#2802 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

How about this one? Dante has paint codes in also, maybe too old too?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-face-lift

I ended up matching off of a piece I chipped off the backbox, it turned out pretty much perfectly. I took that code with me as well, and according to the guy at HD my scan and the code you linked are nearly identical so I went with my scanned chip. pencilneck's code was too blue, but is probably a match for new decals rather than an old cabinet. My code is attached for anyone interested.

Anyways, does anyone know the part number for the right orbit spinner? Is this it? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-11915

20190423_220543 (resized).jpg20190423_220543 (resized).jpg

#2803 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

How far is the state line?

#2804 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

The Behr "Deep Base MQ333" is a semi-gloss enamel, so should be legal.

https://www.behr.com/consumer/products/interior-paint-and-primer/behr-marquee-interior/behr-marquee-semi-gloss-enamel

#2805 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Anyways, does anyone know the part number for the right orbit spinner? Is this it? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-11915
[quoted image]

It’s part #B-13339 and the one you referenced is a little different. Try pinball resource or Action Pinball.

#2806 4 years ago

Recently my Whirlwind game made a new sound and lighting effect that I had not seen or heard before and flashed "three way combo" on the display.
I am not sure what I did but it seems to be a special accomplishment -- I have only seen this once in the 25 years I have had this game. What did I do to get this "three way combo" thing?

#2807 4 years ago
Quoted from AdjustFailure:

Recently my Whirlwind game made a new sound and lighting effect that I had not seen or heard before and flashed "three way combo" on the display.
I am not sure what I did but it seems to be a special accomplishment -- I have only seen this once in the 25 years I have had this game. What did I do to get this "three way combo" thing?

It's the cool siren sound for the three way.....
One shot thru the pops, then around the orbit off the upper flipper, then the millions ramp off the upper flipper. It rocks!

#2808 4 years ago

Besides a topper I'm also looking for a full set of plastics. If you have them laying around let me know.

#2809 4 years ago

The lower PF GI is not working on the Whirlwind I am working on getting back on its feet. From the schematics it looks like the lower PF GI is on a relay with the backbox GI? The connectors on the interconnect board don't look obviously burnt. Is this usually a interconnect board issue or a relay issue? I did find a relay under the PF but I'm not sure this is the "relay board" referenced in the manual?

#2810 4 years ago
Quoted from AdjustFailure:

The three way combo is like one of the most gratifying shots ever, its the most that I have had in my collection for sure.

#2811 4 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

It’s part #B-13339 and the one you referenced is a little different. Try pinball resource or Action Pinball.

Thanks, I'll reach out to PBR! Though, would the one I linked still work? I think I'd prefer a metal spinner over a plastic one that whirlwind comes with (at least that's what mine has). Visually it seems like it's in good shape, but the ball just bounces off of it most of the time rather than it spinning easily.

#2812 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The lower PF GI is not working on the Whirlwind I am working on getting back on its feet. From the schematics it looks like the lower PF GI is on a relay with the backbox GI? The connectors on the interconnect board don't look obviously burnt. Is this usually a interconnect board issue or a relay issue? I did find a relay under the PF but I'm not sure this is the "relay board" referenced in the manual?

Check this thread, may be useful.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bk2k-upper-group-of-backbox-gi-out#post-4953035

#2813 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's the cool siren sound for the three way.....
One shot thru the pops, then around the orbit off the upper flipper, then the millions ramp off the upper flipper. It rocks!

Oh so that's how I got that had the game for about 5 years and first time I heard it was about a month ago, but didn't know what happened. Thanks, now I will be trying for it.....

#2814 4 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Oh so that's how I got that had the game for about 5 years and first time I heard it was about a month ago, but didn't know what happened. Thanks, now I will be trying for it.....

That's the best way to make sure it never happens again. I think it's one of the harder combos to hit. I've only ever hit it accidentally.

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

That's pretty much my main goal every game. Whenever I get it, I tell upstairs to my son " Did ya hear it?!"

#2816 4 years ago

Hi guys! Just joined the club . Up to 7 system 11's at this point

Question, if I lock a ball under the ramp kick out should the upper flipper be strong enough to hit the flipper up the ramp? I feel like I can hit it but only every now and again and it is real slow if it goes up there. However, if I shoot the loop and get the ball some momentum and I hit it correctly I can get that almost every time. Is this normal? Thanks!

#2817 4 years ago

For me, it’s not an easy shot from the lock. Is it too steep? It seems I be all about timing and hitting it perfect on my WW

#2818 4 years ago

For me, it’s not an easy shot from the lock. Is it too steep? It seems I be all about timing and hitting it perfect on my WW

I think this is the perfect way to describe it, its like I can hit it but it better be perfect.

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

I think this is the perfect way to describe it, its like I can hit it but it better be perfect.

That's how mine is. I think if you could make the shot easily it wouldn't be as rewarding when you nail it.

#2820 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That's how mine is. I think if you could make the shot easily it wouldn't be as rewarding when you nail it.

That's also how I feel about the 3-way combo. Holy crap is that one all about timing. So freakin' gratifying. Probably only have about 4 or 5 of them. The next one will never feel diminished either. Love the sounds and lights from it.

#2821 4 years ago

I'm looking to build one of these from ground up and have been on the hunt for a set of wiring harnesses. Anybody have a parted out donor spare set?

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Besides a topper I'm also looking for a full set of plastics. If you have them laying around let me know.

I recently did a full swap. I have the old ones. Most of the expected broken ones are broken tho.

#2823 4 years ago

Friggin' hate the left side ball hop i'm getting on my WW. Cliffy's return lane guides get rid of that and worth it? Who has bought them?

#2824 4 years ago

You can't really get a good picture of it, but I picked up a CPR mirrored backglass from gabegabegabe and it's really cool!
Great upgrade and met a nice pinsider

IMG_20190427_234553527 (resized).jpgIMG_20190427_234553527 (resized).jpg

#2825 4 years ago

Friggin' hate the left side ball hop i'm getting on my WW. Cliffy's return lane guides get rid of that and worth it? Who has bought them?

Original playfield did this... and the repo playfield does it... grrrr. I to am interested in some feedback about Cliffy's return lane guide.

#2826 4 years ago

I just put the Cliffy return lane guides in and they are smooth as butter.

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I just put the Cliffy return lane guides in and they are smooth as butter.

Thanks for chiming in, looks like I’ll need to order a set

#2828 4 years ago

I put the cliffys return lane guides in all my machines. They are very well worth it and work awesome.

#2829 4 years ago

Would someone be able to provide me a few pictures of the side ramp entry, but from the angle of the side/back of the game? I think the light metal flap that covers the left "wall" of the entry of that ramp is missing, but I want to see what a good one looks like and how its attached to see what part(s) I need to find to replace it.

#2830 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Would someone be able to provide me a few pictures of the side ramp entry, but from the angle of the side/back of the game? I think the light metal flap that covers the left "wall" of the entry of that ramp is missing, but I want to see what a good one looks like and how its attached to see what part(s) I need to find to replace it.

Not sure if you mean left side or right side ramp.

The left ramp has a metal protector that sits to the right of the 3 bank target leading to the ramp.
My left ramp does not have a metal flap.

The right ramp does not have a metal flap attached, however the right wall (metal bracket) of the lift ramp has a spring steel flap riveted to the bracket protecting the right side entrance to the right ramp.

See pictures.

IMG_5690 (resized).JPGIMG_5690 (resized).JPGIMG_5691 (resized).JPGIMG_5691 (resized).JPGIMG_5692 (resized).JPGIMG_5692 (resized).JPGIMG_5693 (resized).JPGIMG_5693 (resized).JPG
#2831 4 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Not sure if you mean left side or right side ramp.
The left ramp has a metal protector that sits to the right of the 3 bank target leading to the ramp.
My left ramp does not have a metal flap.
The right ramp does not have a metal flap attached, however the right wall (metal bracket) of the lift ramp has a spring steel flap riveted to the bracket protecting the right side entrance to the right ramp.
See pictures.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, those first two pictures (side ramp) was what I was looking for. My game looked strange to me because there wasn't a flap covering that gap/post between the metal protector on the 3 bank and the ramp itself but it sounds like there shouldn't be one there. Interesting...

#2832 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Thanks, those first two pictures (side ramp) was what I was looking for. My game looked strange to me because there wasn't a flap covering that gap/post between the metal protector on the 3 bank and the ramp itself but it sounds like there shouldn't be one there. Interesting...

No protection, that’s why all the ramps are cracked, broken or gone in that spot.

Cliffy’s has a protector
http://www.passionforpinball.com/whirly_pros.htm

#2833 4 years ago

Got my machine booting and now time to sort out the smaller issues. First on the list is the horrible screeching sound that comes from the fan when it turns on. Is there supposed to be any grease over that inner cylinder?

#2834 4 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

No protection, that’s why all the ramps are cracked, broken or gone in that spot.
Cliffy’s has a protector
http://www.passionforpinball.com/whirly_pros.htm

Well that explains that - thank you!

#2835 4 years ago

Need the switch that goes on the right side habitrail near the end. Manual says 5647-12073-21. Marco says 5647-12693-18. Pinball Life comes up with nothing.

What switches are you guys using at this location?

#2836 4 years ago

Does anyone know the placement location of Whirlwind decal 31-1540-574-5-SP?
I'm assuming it is a ramp decal, but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere.
My original ramps did not have this decal attached.
The dimensions are approximately 16.5 cm long by 3 cm wide (6.5 inches long x 1 inch wide).
Thanks.

IMG_5761 (resized).jpgIMG_5761 (resized).jpgIMG_5763 (resized).jpgIMG_5763 (resized).jpg
#2837 4 years ago

It goes on the left return ramp on the side.

#2838 4 years ago

Anyone that has one of the compass looking shooter rods for sale, please p.m. me.

#2839 4 years ago

My lower and upper right flipper work correctly, but my left flipper doesn't.
Once I press the flipperbutton, the flipper flips and it stays up and doesn't go down again.
I checked the eos switch and the gap was the same as on the other flippers (that work).
It keeps blowing F6 on the aux power board.
Anyone got a clue?

#2840 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

It goes on the left return ramp on the side.

Do you have a photo of this? I also got the decal with my new ramps but it wasn’t on the original.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do you have a photo of this? I also got the decal with my new ramps but it wasn’t on the original.
[quoted image]

That's the upper ramp. It could be the decal that goes on the separate plastic above the habitrail just after the ramp.there is a similar yellow one on the left ramp.

15575315796742260551680097960919 (resized).jpg15575315796742260551680097960919 (resized).jpg

15575316989461060652991754012901 (resized).jpg15575316989461060652991754012901 (resized).jpg
#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That's the upper ramp. It could be the decal that goes on the separate plastic above the habitrail just after the ramp.there is a similar yellow one on the left ramp.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks. Yeah it’s not either one of those. I’ll ask Larry.

#2843 4 years ago

Whereabouts can you buy the yellow pop bumper cap which has the section cut out? Or do you guys cut up a complete one?

About to restore mine and want new caps.

DCDADBCA-9EF3-46C0-A128-7779AC1E2A7D (resized).jpegDCDADBCA-9EF3-46C0-A128-7779AC1E2A7D (resized).jpeg
#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Whereabouts can you buy the yellow pop bumper cap which has the section cut out? Or do you guys cut up a complete one?
[quoted image]

Just make one.
GTNhZcN (resized).jpgGTNhZcN (resized).jpg
Take old one and line up to edge of scrap wood. Use a pick or awl punch to mark holes.

YUGa8v0 (resized).jpgYUGa8v0 (resized).jpg
Take new cap and secure to scrap wood.

9ffrp32 (resized).jpg9ffrp32 (resized).jpg
Dig up the roughest single ply toilet paper you can find and start grinding away at the cap.

fOH9mMy (resized).jpgfOH9mMy (resized).jpg
As you get close to the edge of the scrap wood, go to finer sand paper

uni1Ogz (resized).jpguni1Ogz (resized).jpg
Check out your work...

sQbiNvY (resized).jpgsQbiNvY (resized).jpg
Mount to pop bumper... drink beer.

#2845 4 years ago

LOL... Toilet paper.

#2846 4 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Just make one.
[quoted image]
Take old one and line up to edge of scrap wood. Use a pick or awl punch to mark holes.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Dig up the roughest single ply toilet paper you can find and start grinding away at the cap.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Check out your work...
[quoted image]

Awesome. Thank you!!

#2847 4 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Just make one.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Check out your work...
[quoted image]

What are those pop bumper lights? work well?

#2848 4 years ago

What are those pop bumper lights? work well?

PopBlast from Marco.
Afterburner from Cointaker.

I like them, used them in Earthshaker as well.

#2849 4 years ago

[quoted image]

I did mine this way:

Remove old pop bumper cap.
Trace line onto new cap with sharpie or whatever. Make sure to line up the holes correctly or the cap will not be correct.
Cut the line with a dremel tool with a plastic cutting wheel on it.
Sand the edge to finish.
Done!

#2850 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yes, it's the left ramp. Should have put a scale on my decal. It's only about 7 inches long and does not have the hand - huge clue.

Thanks to jhanley I put it here. Made sense since it's on the outside of a ramp. No where else made sense.

IMG_5836 2 (resized).JPGIMG_5836 2 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 5,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 109.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-club-members-only/page/57?hl=mageek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.