17120147714183511058491698968279 (resized).jpg
17120147133684342295711183751853 (resized).jpg
17120146816654026590663874873131 (resized).jpg
1711971576349821576825836127955.jpg
17119715507093168227299707841971.jpg
20240127_165338 (resized).jpg
20240127_165404 (resized).jpg
20240328_180122.jpg
There are 5,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 109.
#1751 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Which one is correct?
For the record, I'd like to say that yeah, from seeing ya'll post comparison pics, the PFs aren't error-free. However, I'll add in that I'm not sorry I got it, as most of the Whirlwinds I've seen for sale have had completely trashed playfields. Especially around the spinners. So, IMHO, I'd rather pick up a project game with a trashed PF for under a grand and drop this baby into it.

This is me & I'm absolutely delighted to have gotten one. Best I could find one for from the first run was 1.5x what I paid for the game.

#1752 6 years ago

Glad I found a WW with Diamond Plate...

#1753 6 years ago

Just sent the money for mine. I was on the leftovers list. This will be my first playfield swap. Like others have posted, I'm not a fan of that line but I have a nasty planky playfield so this will be 100x better than what I have now. Also considering I basically paid $100 for the game I think it's pretty much a no brainer!

#1754 6 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Just sent the money for mine. I was on the leftovers list. This will be my first playfield swap. Like others have posted, I'm not a fan of that line but I have a nasty planky playfield so this will be 100x better than what I have now. Also considering I basically paid $100 for the game I think it's pretty much a no brainer!

Dang! If only I could find a Whirlwind around here for anywhere near that in any condition.

#1755 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Dang! If only I could find a Whirlwind around here for anywhere near that in any condition.

I buy basically every non EM pinball machine for that price. Actually I'd buy any EM machine for that too. Parts alone on any machine are worth way more than $100 in most cases.

#1756 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Well I didn't technically buy it for that much. I bought a different game for that price and then traded it for Whirlwind. Lucked out for sure!

#1757 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

The one on the right is correct and from the first run they did.

Interesting. My current, very original, pf has an orange shoot again insert. The one on my CPR appears to be the exact same color. It is certainly not yellow/amber as pictured on the one on the right. Similarly, the colors on the left one (and my CPR pf) appear to be closer to my original than the one on the right.

I suspect my WW is an early one since the translight has the sticker over the kids ballcap logo. It is my understanding that they corrected this fairly early on. Could it be that they also changed the colors?

#1758 6 years ago

I'm looking for a Whirlwind. I have a BTTF for trade. PM me if interested.

#1759 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm looking for a Whirlwind. I have a BTTF for trade. PM me if interested.

Just a suggestion, but if you want to generate much interest in this deal, you may want to at least disclose what country you live in...

#1760 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Could it be that they also changed the colors?

I also have an early production whirlwind with the cubs logo on the hat. My playfield has the "correct" shoot again insert color.

#1761 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I also have an early production whirlwind with the cubs logo on the hat. My playfield has the "correct" shoot again insert color.

So what color is your insert?
Here is my current pf...lighting isn't good so the color is off somewhat but it is definitely orange. (Yes I know from that picture it is hard to understand why I would want to replace it )

IMG_3755 (resized).JPGIMG_3755 (resized).JPG

#1762 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

So what color is your insert?

I'm not sure if I made myself clear. My insert is the same color as all the other Whirlwinds I've seen. Here's mine:

IMG_6721 (resized).JPGIMG_6721 (resized).JPG

#1763 6 years ago

Yeah, both of yours look more yellowish, matching the earlier CPR's run.

#1764 6 years ago

Oh, and for good measure, here's my recently restored playfield. Shoot again is the same shade of orange. Also, note the difference in color shades from the CPR.

IMG_6711.JPGIMG_6711.JPG

#1765 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Oh, and for good measure, here's my recently restored playfield. Shoot again is the same shade of orange. Also, note the difference in color shades from the CPR.

Who did your restoration? Thinking I may go that route instead of new.

#1766 6 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Who did your restoration?

Captain Neo. I opted for a Level 2 Restoration. Here's a small collage of what I started out with, and a couple "after" shots. I wasn't looking for something that looked brand new, but after seeing these CPRs, I definitely prefer the original's deeper color saturation, plus Neo's clearcoating is exceptional. I'd venture to guess it's superior to what CPR produces.

IMG_6722.JPGIMG_6722.JPG

#1767 6 years ago

Looks great!

Quoted from mbaumle:

Captain Neo. I opted for a Level 2 Restoration. Here's a small collage of what I started out with, and a couple "after" shots. I wasn't looking for something that looked brand new, but after seeing these CPRs, I definitely prefer the original's deeper color saturation, plus Neo's clearcoating is exceptional. I'd venture to guess it's superior to what CPR produces.

#1768 6 years ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Was it originally diamondcoat?

No, standard lacquer. HSA doesn't take on System 11 playfields due to the way they were manufactured with their inserts, but I provided new insert decals and Neo installed a lot of new inserts to make sure that there wouldn't be any problems down the road.

#1769 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah, both of yours look more yellowish, matching the earlier CPR's run.

Actually, my CPR pf insert looks to be the same color as my existing pf definitely orange, not yellowish

Now the blue of my pf is much more tourqouiseish than the CPR pf; however, based on the pics, my CPR looks closer to the current color than the first run CPR does. Actually, it looks like the restored mbaumle pf is very close to the color of mine. Captain Neo did an excellent job with that!

#1770 6 years ago

Finally hit the three-way combo for only the second time ever tonite. That is one tough set of shots, always exciting to actually hit it.

#1771 6 years ago

Got my notice, trilogy package trilogy package shipped, don't really need it , but what the F''k. The proof will be in the pudding , when the TAF is shipped ...promised the absolute best . If isn't, that's it spending my kids inheritance monry

#1772 6 years ago

Mine shipped also. Should have it Fri.

#1773 6 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Got my notice, trilogy package trilogy package shipped, don't really need it , but what the F''k. The proof will be in the pudding , when the TAF is shipped ...promised the absolute best . If isn't, that's it spending my kids inheritance monry

Yeah Addams sounds amazeballs! Fortunately after that they don't have any other playfields I'm interested in in the pipe at the moment so can sit on the sidelines a while.

#1774 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yeah Addams sounds amazeballs! Fortunately after that they don't have any other playfields I'm interested in in the pipe at the moment so can sit on the sidelines a while.

I got the TAF email too - sounds interesting, we shall see.

#1775 6 years ago

Does cpr offer the trilogy package before you pay or is this something you have to ask for. Want to get all I can get the first time.

#1776 6 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Does cpr offer the trilogy package before you pay or is this something you have to ask for. Want to get all I can get the first time.

They basically list what is available and the prices. You look up shipping on their table, then add that to the package you want then send a payment for that amount and include which package your buying in a note.

#1777 6 years ago

They set up a separate "landing page" which they send u a link for in the email when they get to your name. Here you can order just pf, pf and plastics, and the trilogy. Prices are listed for each of the packages.

#1778 6 years ago

So now they are back from vacation and still haven't received notice or a reply to my inquires. How do you contact cpr in a way that they will respond? I've been very patient but I'm close to losing my s***.

#1779 6 years ago

Curious if you ordered the trilogy or combo

Quoted from shicketmaster:

So now they are back from vacation and still haven't received notice or a reply to my inquires. How do you contact cpr in a way that they will respond? I've been very patient but I'm close to losing my s***.

#1780 6 years ago

Nope. Paid for a single playfield on august 11th. Inquired through paypal and through website contact with no tracking and no replies. If I don't hear something by sep11th, I'm going to dispute through paypal.

#1781 6 years ago

Tracking info received today. No replies as to the delay however. I just don't understand the customer service there.

#1782 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Just a suggestion, but if you want to generate much interest in this deal, you may want to at least disclose what country you live in...

Not sure I understand your comment??? My profile states, I live in Midlothian, VA. What country do you think that's in?

#1783 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not sure I understand your comment??? My profile states, I live in Midlothian, VA. What country do you think that's in?

It must be marked to private cause it says unknown to us. I think there is a box to make it public or something

IMG_2260 (resized).PNGIMG_2260 (resized).PNG

#1784 6 years ago

What he said ^^^

Quoted from Skyemont:

#1785 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

It should be at least a million or more points for that shot!

Can you change that point value somewhere for the 3 way combo?

#1786 6 years ago

Just an FYI to anyone ordering. Ordered my playfield/sent money on August 29 and shipped out yesterday.

#1787 6 years ago

Same here, although i ordered my combo on the 11th of last month

Quoted from AndHart120:

Just an FYI to anyone ordering. Ordered my playfield/sent money on August 29 and shipped out yesterday.

#1788 6 years ago

Hi! Somebody have whirlwind cloud topper for sale?

#1789 6 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Can you change that point value somewhere for the 3 way combo?

Not without hacking the ROMs.

#1790 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

It must be marked to private cause it says unknown to us. I think there is a box to make it public or something

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

What he said ^^^

Sorry guys. I did not realize that. Just fixed it.

#1791 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Lol. No need to apologize, it didn't matter to me one way or the other. It shows up now though.

#1792 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Lol. No need to apologize, it didn't matter to me one way or the other. It shows up now though.

I'll take it, and I accept it.

#1793 6 years ago

My gold pf, plastics, and backglass showed up yesterday. Glass is pretty sweet. PF is great - I can't see any issues in my clear. I can see that damn pixelated line across the entire middle of the pf tho, but compared to the one i got now, holy crap it's night and day. Between my bubbled mylar, raised inserts here and there, and minor planking - this thing is smooth as glass. Considering I couldn't find anyone to touch a minorly planked sys11 PF for a resto - it was a worth while trade.

#1794 6 years ago

I have a WW with a CPR playfield, and I'm getting a lot of saucer bounce-outs (under the ramp). I've tried lowering the plastic saucer under the playfield (by installing 2 washers under each corner. I've added deadening foam to the exposed posts. And I've bent the right metal guide slightly toward the saucer. However I think the most basic problem is that the ball bounces off the back rim of the hole. Any ideas for making this less bouncy? I've even considered filing it back to a shallower angle.

#1795 6 years ago

Someone sell me a decent Whirlwind.

#1796 6 years ago

Got my WW Trilogy today .it put a big smile on my face. Couple tiny garage drops under clear, but man the inserts are very level. It will look sweet when installed. And that mirrored back glass, WOW love it. I which CPR would do FH and TOM backglass conversions. That would add some zing to those translites

#1797 6 years ago

Got a random phone call out of nowhere today and brought this home. According to the previous owner it hasn't seen daylight since 98

IMG_20160326_193122 (resized).jpgIMG_20160326_193122 (resized).jpg

12553087_10153295141552314_1852731770312836620_n (resized).jpg12553087_10153295141552314_1852731770312836620_n (resized).jpg

#1798 6 years ago

Awesome, looks like it'll clean up an absolute treat!! And the fan is there which is handy. Love my whirly.

#1799 6 years ago

I opted for a CPR Silver since I couldn't justify the Gold price for something that would never be perfect given the halftone flaw. So it arrived yesterday and I must say I am pleasantly shocked at how nice it is. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it looks better than most of the golds shown here: there's no rippling in the clear, no drips, no bare wood in the insert points, and no major distractions. I'm struggling to see why it was classed as Silver.

Now there IS a weird green mark in the white mask that would go under a return lane plastic... so you'd never see it. I also found two tiny pin-prick white spots (in the paint, not the clear) in the nearby orange. But that's it as far as I've been able to tell. The registration is off by maybe a nitpicky hair in a few places but CPR isn't lying when they say OEM was often worse.

As critical as I was over the halftone foulup, I have to say it's very bizarre in person. Pictures arguably make it worse. I mean you can obviously see it when you "see" it... but from a few feet away it totally disappears. It's way more subtle than I expected, and usually stuff like that drives me crazy.

I dunno... maybe I'm dazzled by the clear shiny smooth right now and next week it'll piss me off. Mistakes happen, I get it, I still don't think this is something CPR should be brandish as God's gift, but it would certainly be an improvement over the one in my machine. At least the colors are correct on this run!

Biggest problem now is I don't want the unplayable downtime, ha ha.

#1800 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I opted for a CPR Silver since I couldn't justify the Gold price for something that would never be perfect given the halftone flaw. So it arrived yesterday and I must say I am pleasantly shocked at how nice it is. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it looks better than most of the golds shown here: there's no rippling in the clear, no drips, no bare wood in the insert points, and no major distractions. I'm struggling to see why it was classed as Silver.
Now there IS a weird green mark in the white mask that would go under a return lane plastic... so you'd never see it. I also found two tiny pin-prick white spots (in the paint, not the clear) in the nearby orange. But that's it as far as I've been able to tell. The registration is off by maybe a nitpicky hair in a few places but CPR isn't lying when they say OEM was often worse.
As critical as I was over the halftone foulup, I have to say it's very bizarre in person. Pictures arguably make it worse. I mean you can obviously see it when you "see" it... but from a few feet away it totally disappears. It's way more subtle than I expected, and usually stuff like that drives me crazy.
I dunno... maybe I'm dazzled by the clear shiny smooth right now and next week it'll piss me off. Mistakes happen, I get it, I still don't think this is something CPR should be brandish as God's gift, but it would certainly be an improvement over the one in my machine. At least the colors are correct on this run!
Biggest problem now is I don't want the unplayable downtime, ha ha.

Are the "pin-prick white spots in the nearby orange" where some of the ball guides go? Those stood at to me at first on mine and then when I compared the spots to my current playfield, it looks like they lined up. I'm happy with my silver too, maybe the halftone won't be so obvious once it is installed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 109.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-club-members-only/page/36?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.