17120147714183511058491698968279 (resized).jpg
17120147133684342295711183751853 (resized).jpg
17120146816654026590663874873131 (resized).jpg
1711971576349821576825836127955.jpg
17119715507093168227299707841971.jpg
20240127_165338 (resized).jpg
20240127_165404 (resized).jpg
20240328_180122.jpg
There are 5,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 109.
#1351 7 years ago

Currently my ramp is stuck in the upright position and when I hit the cellar it won't go down. Any ideas on what I should look for to fix this?

#1352 7 years ago

My machine started scoring crazy. When I start a game, it is giving me points just for the ball going into the shooter lane and every time I hit the flipper buttons. I ran a switch test and nothing is stuck on. Also, when I hit the flipper buttons it just show the appropriate switch and nothing else switching on simultaneously. Any ideas?

#1353 7 years ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

My machine started scoring crazy. When I start a game, it is giving me points just for the ball going into the shooter lane and every time I hit the flipper buttons. I ran a switch test and nothing is stuck on. Also, when I hit the flipper buttons it just show the appropriate switch and nothing else switching on simultaneously. Any ideas?

There are 4N25 IC's on your interconnect board, 1 or more is bad.

#1354 7 years ago

Just picked up Whirlwind last night! My wife seems to be addicted now!

1 week later
#1355 7 years ago

Hey guys, quick question and favor.

My rear/upper GI relay doesn't work, it's always locked on (the GI relay that controls the lamps around the high pressure jets). The relay that I have has been hacked to hell and back, so I'm just going to replace it. Looking in the manual, it says it's part number C-11902-1 (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-11902-1). Am I correct with my assessment?

Thanks,
Max

#1356 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

My rear/upper GI relay doesn't work, it's always locked on (the GI relay that controls the lamps around the high pressure jets). The relay that I have has been hacked to hell and back, so I'm just going to replace it. Looking in the manual, it says it's part number C-11902-1 (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-11902-1). Am I correct with my assessment?
Thanks,
Max

That's the same relay part number as the one in the backbox inner board, correct? Have you tried swapping it with the playfield relay board to verify it's the unit and not something upstream causing it to lock on?

#1357 7 years ago

The insert relay and the lower GI relay are different part numbers. Those relays are spec'd at this:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-11998-1

#1358 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

The insert relay and the lower GI relay are different part numbers. Those relays are spec'd at this:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-11998-1

Sorry, I thought it was the same as the backbox; is it the same as the other playfield relay? My memory is that two of the relays are the same.

#1359 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Thanks,
Max

That's the right one.I had to replace mine also. 5768-12221-00 is the other number.

1 week later
#1360 7 years ago

Do any of you have a message when you open the coin door?

#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Yes, you are supposed to get a message alerting you that the door has been opened. I forget what the display reads at that time though

#1362 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Yes, you are supposed to get a message alerting you that the door has been opened. I forget what the display reads at that time though

Thanks. Mine isn't working and I can't figure out how to fix it. I did a different post looking for help but no luck so far.

#1363 7 years ago

Anyone hear when CPR will complete new WW playfields?
I'm on list from earlier this year but no email received or update.
what is typical average timeline?

#1364 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Years.

#1365 7 years ago

Super. Thanks.

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Thanks. Mine isn't working and I can't figure out how to fix it. I did a different post looking for help but no luck so far.

Your interlock switch inside of the door could be bad, broken solder joint, etc.

#1367 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

No

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

I don't think system 11 games give a message when the coin door is open, that only happens with WPC games.

#1369 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

I don't think system 11 games give a message when the coin door is open, that only happens with WPC games.

That is correct. The interlock switch in system 11 games only locks out the programming switches when the coin door is closed. It has no other function.

#1370 7 years ago

Just checked my door and confirmed that there is no message present when the door is opened. I could have sworn that there was lol

#1371 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

That is correct. The interlock switch in system 11 games only locks out the programming switches when the coin door is closed. It has no other function.

Exactly. Also, just for reference, not all WPC games display a message either. I believe they started to disable high power to flashers and coils via the interlock switch after somewhere around WPC 95.

#1372 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

2 weeks later
#1373 7 years ago

Does anyone in here have a fan motor bracket they could measure up for me? I picked up a Whirlwind this weekend that's missing the topper and I would like to try building the fan bracket as it's pretty simple. I'm looking for some outside dimension and hole spacing. Thanks!

#1374 7 years ago

Picking up my first whirlwind the 3rd of Feb, Glad to be finally making it into the club.
The WW that I'm getting is missing the entire fan assy. Can anyone supply some pictures of the fan assy with motor mounting bracket and wiring. I will be in the market for a fan bracket if anybody has one also. The fan board is included but not sure if the fan harness is included. Looking for pictures so I can start collecting parts now. Thanks for any help

#1375 7 years ago

Does anyone in here have an old cloud topper they want to sell? PM me if you do.

2 weeks later
#1376 7 years ago

Glad to finally be in the club.
Just purchased a whirlwind pin and need some parts. Need:

New or used plastic set. Would prefer if used to be in good shape. One thing I need is the plastic at the back of the playfield mounted to the cabinet, the one with the lightning on it.

Manual. Prefer orginal in good shape.

Topper fan harness. From fan to board.

Used working display and board.

Cliffy set.

Let me know what you have.

#1377 7 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Glad to finally be in the club.
Just purchased a whirlwind pin and need some parts. Need:
New or used plastic set. Would prefer if used to be in good shape. One thing I need is the plastic at the back of the playfield mounted to the cabinet, the one with the lightning on it.
Manual. Prefer orginal in good shape.
Used working display and board.
Cliffy set.
Let me know what you have.

I have a nice lightning plastic.PM me and I'll send it to you for free.

#1378 7 years ago

You should order the Cliffy set from Cliffy himself.I did and he ships fast.

#1379 7 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

You should order the Cliffy set from Cliffy himself.I did and he ships fast.

Do they actually have a web page? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Everywhere I look there sold out.

#1380 7 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Do they actually have a web page? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Everywhere I look there sold out.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/

#1381 7 years ago

Thanks for the info, cliffys on order

#1382 7 years ago

Need to add a Williams 11b mpu board that I need for my newly found whirlwind. If you have one let me know.

#1383 7 years ago

I hope you found it! I sure hope you didn't PAY much of anything for this pin that needs almost everything!

#1384 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I sure hope you didn't PAY much of anything for this pin that needs almost everything!

It's just refreshing to see someone put the time and effort into bringing it back to life, rather than parting it out!

Codered, good luck on the hunt!

#1385 7 years ago

Had some issues with my whirlwind

Whirlwind ?short? Forum topic. If any of you have had similar issues would love to know your thoughts.

Thanks

#1386 7 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

Post # 308 on this thread will show you how to make this.

#1387 7 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Post # 308 on this thread will show you how to make this.

Thanks

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

hope you found it! I sure hope you didn't PAY much of anything for this pin that needs almost everything

Been looking for one for 3 years. This one came up in my price range so I bought it. Played partially when I got it home so it needs some love. I over paid a little bit but now it's mine. This is one that will never leave my collection.

#1388 7 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Lucky!! I need one too. It baffles me as to how someone can actually break or crack one of these.

#1389 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I hope you found it! I sure hope you didn't PAY much of anything for this pin that needs almost everything!

That was my exact situation when I bought mine. Overpaid and it needed almost everything restored or replaced. Problem was, during the buy I was distracted by the sellers numerous badass toys and instead of looking over the machine thoroughly I was busy looking over all of his other stuff. Lesson learned that day for sure, but in the end I have an absolute beautifully restored example, probably for life. I have been asked numerous times to sell it, as much as I don't play it, I just can't convince myself to part with it.

#1390 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Problem was, during the buy I was distracted by the sellers numerous badass toys and instead of looking over the machine thoroughly I was busy looking over all of his other stuff.

Not an uncommon thing... Same happened to me when I bought my Road Show, except it was the guys 2 beautiful friendly dogs (boxers) that were the distraction. I didn't notice that the PF had some touchups done, the backglass was plexi and the translite has touchups (still searching for a new one), some GI wiring and hardware hacks, etc.
I still got a sweet deal tho, and the fixes were easy and not very expensive. But a new translite is proving absolutely impossible to find.

#1391 7 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I just sent out the lightning plastic by mail.Only 3 bucks to ship it.Merry Christmas.

#1392 7 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

just sent out the lightning plastic by mail.Only 3 bucks to ship it.Merry Christmas.

I can't thank you enough.

#1393 7 years ago
Quoted from codered9394:

I can't thank you enough.

I know what it's like.I had broken plastics for 2 years before CPR made repros.

#1394 7 years ago

So my 3 drop target bank won't reset until I drain or lock a ball. Any idea what to look for?

#1395 7 years ago

The opto switches aren't registering the targets have dropped. Check to see if the plug is on correctly. Check for cold solder around the header pins.

Unusual for all 3 to stop at once. See if they register in switch test.

Physically check the optos an inspect them. And ensure nothing could be shorting them and causing a fuse to blow. Check the plug at the board end and ensure it's correctly seated.

That's what I'd do to start.

If all seems well. You may have dodgy optos.

Of course a far more knowledgeable person maybe able to give A better suggestion.
Good luck

#1396 7 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

The opto switches aren't registering the targets have dropped. Check to see if the plug is on correctly. Check for cold solder around the header pins.
Unusual for all 3 to stop at once. See if they register in switch test.
Physically check the optos an inspect them. And ensure nothing could be shorting them and causing a fuse to blow. Check the plug at the board end and ensure it's correctly seated.
That's what I'd do to start.
If all seems well. You may have dodgy optos.
Of course a far more knowledgeable person maybe able to give A better suggestion.
Good luck

Thank you, I greatly appreciate it!

#1397 7 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

ust sent out the lightning plastic by mail.Only 3 bucks to ship it.Merry Christmas.

Received in good shape. Thanks

#1398 7 years ago

Just checking back into the club. I just put these gameblades on... I am VERY happy with how they look. Check it out...

IMAG0247 (resized).jpgIMAG0247 (resized).jpg

#1399 7 years ago

Anyone know a place I can get a set of Whirlwind Hole Protectors? I can't seem to locate a set.

#1400 7 years ago
Quoted from thunder001:

Anyone know a place I can get a set of Whirlwind Hole Protectors? I can't seem to locate a set.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/whirly_pros.htm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,441 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 109.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-club-members-only/page/28?hl=thunder001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.