Topic Stats

• 3,138 posts
  • 332 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by oropuro
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 858 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191016_195936 (resized).jpg
4F7B080B-AADC-4EA7-9A16-015DCF0D4D10 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191015_073707 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191015_073559 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191014_201643 (resized).jpg
20191014_191353 (resized).jpg
4Z764_AS02 (resized).jpg
8A152425-B0C4-431F-BFB5-16694A3C91A4 (resized).jpeg
F00433A1-68D8-4978-AEFF-11A92AB9A6BC (resized).jpeg
B087B180-3638-4F59-8EE1-75094D55CDF7 (resized).jpeg
8090708D-74F7-4D0C-A902-2863478FEA33 (resized).jpeg
20191013_182346 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pin (resized).jpg
IMG_4058 (resized).jpg
D257AF80-F9CC-4E51-A8A6-13E6A7A6F93B (resized).jpeg

There are 3138 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 63.
#851 3 years ago

OK, I'm curious to know if anyone else got on the list for the new CPR playfield run. I'm hoping that it will be a relatively quick turnaround since it is a rerun.

#852 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

new CPR playfield run.

thought about it, then thought about the playfield swap, then decided I am fine with my current playfield.

#853 3 years ago

I would like to join the WW club. I have a WW with a nice factory diamond plated playfield . I also have signed up for a CPR playfield

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

thought about it, then thought about the playfield swap, then decided I am fine with my current playfield.

Yeah, I've never done a playfield swap and admit that I am intimidated by the thought of it. Unfortunately, I tend toward ADHD as opposed to OCD so it's not an ideal project for me. However, my pf is not in great shape. To give you a feel for the wear, several of the compass points have worn off since they never put the mylar over that portion. Plus, it seems like these hold their value pretty well if I get it and chicken out.

#855 3 years ago

On the list for (another) one!

Not happy about the crazed inserts in the CPR i have and after i swap cabinets, this Pf will be the only bad thing about the game. So decided to bite the bullet and get another.

#856 3 years ago

I got the main ramp in a box in the basement, new set of plastics, left ramp in the mail, and on the list for a cpr. Cant get here soon enough. Thing will be great with all the new goodies. Never done all pf swap tho.....tempted to pay someone to do it for me..

#857 3 years ago

Well if you are close I can help you.

#858 3 years ago

Guys,

I have a wire that has broken off of the red standup to the right of the main ramp. Can someone confirm that there is a daisy chain between the yellow target on the left and the red target on the right of the main ramp?

#859 3 years ago

Any tips on how to help a loud fan other than buying the 89$ replacement part from Marcos?

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Any tips on how to help a loud fan other than buying the 89$ replacement part from Marcos?

Blower mod!

#861 3 years ago

Happy to be in the club as It was one of my must have pins. I just ordered my PF too! Game is enjoyable and playable - might I add durable. Very little issues except "missing" a few callouts. Tinkering with that now a bit and cleaned the crap out of it knowing I got a decent deal on the game and knowing it wasn't perfect. I could stop there. But I have the bug and Ive ordered ramps and like others will need another plastic set when it's available. I'll be new to the swapping as well but when I get brave it will be a great learning experience for me and my younger son who is hooked too!!

#862 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

will need another plastic set when it's available.

Somebody should produce a couple dozen of these again....lots of people looking for them.

#863 3 years ago

anyone know where I can get a replacement lift ramp? Mine just cracked off the hinge
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=510

#864 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

anyone know where I can get a replacement lift ramp? Mine just cracked off the hinge

Have you emailed pinbits to see when they will be in stock next? I need a couple of em too! (Emailed pinbits, never heard back)

#865 3 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

When I had mine apart I sprayed the motor with "Remington Rem-lube" or something like that. It's a cleaning/lubricating product that supposed to leave behind a light coating of silicone. I'll look for it when I get home. It seemed to quiet mine down.

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

RTTB has them. I bought one from them several years ago when all the local distributors were out and the shipping wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/shopping_cart.php?keywords=whirlwind&sort=2a

#867 3 years ago

First machine I ever purchased! I sold that one years ago but was lucky to find a much nicer Diamond Plate version. Amazing game! Remember playing as a kid in the local arcade. Classic.

#868 3 years ago

Anybody have a lead on one of the white reproduction toppers? I've searched all of the usual vendors.

#871 3 years ago

Hm, doesn't tell you that until you try to put it in your cart. Sorry about that.

#872 3 years ago

Thanks, though. I probably should've just bought whysnow's when I bought his ramps last year. Mistakes!

#873 3 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Thanks, though. I probably should've just bought whysnow's when I bought his ramps last year. Mistakes!

Give them a call, they can probably tell you when the next batch will be ready

#874 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Why not make your own? I've made my own plastic protectors with Lexan sheets purchased from a hobby store.

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Give them a call, they can probably tell you when the next batch will be ready

Great idea. I didn't realize that Starship made those. Thanks!

#876 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If someone could send me an unbroken one, w/ all of the hardware removed, I can design/machine some.

I'll only make the clear plastic part though.

#877 3 years ago

anyone in the club ready to part with an extremely minty WW?

#878 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

If someone could send me an unbroken one, w/ all of the hardware removed, I can design/machine some.
I'll only make the clear plastic part though.

I can use one also. Mine is cracked at the hinge, has been epoxied, and is ugly

#879 3 years ago

Playfield (relisting of the one that sold for $1500 a couple of weeks before the CPR announcement?) & plastics on eBay.

ebay.com link » Cpr Whirlwind Gold Playfield New In The Box

ebay.com link » Nos Whirlwind Pinball Plastic Set Cpr

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Anybody have a lead on one of the white reproduction toppers? I've searched all of the usual vendors.

Silly question; do you still have yours? Mine needed some work but refurbed it. Here's a lengthy photo-documentation:

http://www.elephanteater.com/8088

...just a thought. I think mine looks better than new now.

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Silly question; do you still have yours? Mine needed some work but refurbed it. Here's a lengthy photo-documentation:
http://www.elephanteater.com/8088
...just a thought. I think mine looks better than new now.

That does look good! Not sure what happened to it, but mine eventually got caulked on with some of the toughest caulk known to man. I assume it's all cracked around the screw holes.

#882 3 years ago

Finally got a Whirlwind! Looks like it will clean up nicely. Seems like repro plastics are hard to find though. Anyone know if these will be re-run at some point?

#883 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Finally got a Whirlwind! Looks like it will clean up nicely. Seems like repro plastics are hard to find though. Anyone know if these will be re-run at some point?

ebay.com link » Like

#884 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I picked up a set on pinside a year ago. I'm so glad I did. I have not gotten around to it yet but looks like a wise investment now lol

#885 3 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

When I had mine apart I sprayed the motor with "Remington Rem-lube" or something like that. It's a cleaning/lubricating product that supposed to leave behind a light coating of silicone. I'll look for it when I get home. It seemed to quiet mine down.

Update on mine. The high pitched grinding noise went away on its own. It had not been played in a few years and after a couple dozen games it quieted down. Must have been gunked up from not moving in a while.

#886 3 years ago

hi everyone i've bought a plastic set for the ww at zpeakabonks in France,i just come back from a pinball reunion,and he stills have one more set.
It appears as sold out on his web site but in fact he stills got one.
You'must send him a email sure he understands a little of English.

#887 3 years ago

Thank you for the heads-up. I sent a message.

#888 3 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Playfield (relisting of the one that sold for $1500 a couple of weeks before the CPR announcement?) & plastics on eBay.
ebay.com link » Cpr Whirlwind Gold Playfield New In The Box
ebay.com link » Nos Whirlwind Pinball Plastic Set Cpr

Quoted from mac622:

RTTB has them. I bought one from them several years ago when all the local distributors were out and the shipping wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/shopping_cart.php?keywords=whirlwind&sort=2a

Thanks for the recommendation of RTTB!! Order placed!!

#889 3 years ago

Question for those with experience with CPR .... Do they typically run new playfields along new plastics at same time or shortly afterwards? At all or at what intervals? Seems random indeed Am I correct that it was last done 2-3 years ago? It appears they are doing this with several other system 11 games right now which makes sense and why I asked.
Meanwhile someone with all or in parts is
Making a nice buck bidding up this supply demand situation for sure!

#890 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Question for those with experience with CPR .... Do they typically run new playfields along new plastics at same time or shortly afterwards?

That's been my experience; almost every first run I've seen, they offer plastics to go with the playfield. But I don't know that they'll rerun WW plastics to go with a rerun of WW playfields.

#891 3 years ago

Wow!! So the CPR gold PF on EBay is about to end and it's over $900. So.....either the bidders that bid more than what CPR will ask for a gold can't wait for the upcoming reproduction that's about to go into effect, or they didn't do their research first and have no idea that it's in the works.

ebay.com link

#892 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

That's been my experience; almost every first run I've seen, they offer plastics to go with the playfield. But I don't know that they'll rerun WW plastics to go with a rerun of WW playfields.

So it wouldn't be crazy to bid on the WW plastics currently listed on ebay. I'm sure they'll be absurdly priced by the end of auction. I really need those plastics as I've busted up quite a few on my game. That's going to be a hassle to find it sounds like. Fingers crossed they do a re-run of the plastics as well. Looks like I'll have a new pf and ramps with the same junky plastics ugh...

#893 3 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

So it wouldn't be crazy to bid on the WW plastics currently listed on ebay. I'm sure they'll be absurdly priced by the end of auction. I really need those plastics as I've busted up quite a few on my game. That's going to be a hassle to find it sounds like. Fingers crossed they do a re-run of the plastics as well. Looks like I'll have a new pf and ramps with the same junky plastics ugh...

It's looking like his reserve is probably $200. I think originally they were $150-160?? I feel confident that plastics will be re-pro'd also.

The only piece that I care about being repro'd is this one and I'd buy at least three of them

image_43637_1_(resized).jpg

#894 3 years ago

Unfortunately they only included one of those in the plastic set. Wish they did a few of the easy breaks, as they did with Earthshaker.

#895 3 years ago

I can tell you that the PinBits protector for that piece didn't hold up on location. What a bitch to get on, too (threads barely go above the plastic with the protector on). Luckily, I noticed before any major damage was done and got a lexan washer under there.

#896 3 years ago

Thanks for responses. I knew I should have paid more attention in that plastics class in HS. Would have come in handy right about now. Instead I focused on the brunette from the drill team.

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Instead I focused on the brunette from the drill team

Weren't we all

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

I can tell you that the PinBits protector for that piece didn't hold up on location. What a bitch to get on, too (threads barely go above the plastic with the protector on). Luckily, I noticed before any major damage was done and got a lexan washer under there.

What post(s) did you put washers on? I was going to get the pinbits set specifically for that part.

#899 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

What post(s) did you put washers on? I was going to get the pinbits set specifically for that part.

The one next to the third drop target (power) which is basically what you pound into when you miss the ramp shot. Held up fine in the wild with washer.

#900 3 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

The one next to the third drop target (power) which is basically what you pound into when you miss the ramp shot. Held up fine in the wild with washer.

Excellent info! Will give that a go (and take a good scan of the plastic just in case!)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
€ 3.70
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 399.95
There are 3138 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 63.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside